RE262 VS CK10 VS GR07 VS DBA-02 VS TF10 VS FX700 which has more of a soul???
Jul 23, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 53
It depends on what you mean by that. I think you want detail without grain and good bass response.

I'd say CK10 is definitely off the list, it gives quite a bit soulless analytic presentation without eq in my opinion.
DBA-02 is a bit grainy and doesn't extend low enough to my ears.

RE262 might also share the issue with CK10, but I'm not so sure since I didn't have a lot of experience with these. I'd suspect them to be far more full sounding than CK10. It should be one of the more accurate on the list.

TF10 is pretty close to the dynamics low end wise, it might fit the criteria. If it does, then its accuracy should be higher than RE262 by a hair. Pretty balanced one too.

GR07 and FX700 will almost certainly be right if not the most accurate picks - they don't have as good high extension, but are decently balanced.

Jul 23, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #3 of 53
i am leaning more towards re262 but i am badly confused i have seen a user telling about that its all false which is written all about re262 it does not have good instrument sepration nor it has vocals.

Jul 23, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #4 of 53
i need an iem which has a WOW factor and i should feel the music and connect to it as if i am lost in it and yes i am not a basshead.the bass should be limited but impactful.  HELP ME OUT PLZZ!!

Jul 23, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #5 of 53
Atrios w/ MG7 driver. No competition in bass response.

FX700 have pretty much of a wow factor too, perhaps too much for accuracy.
GR07 seems less wow, but manages to put a smile and is finely balanced.

To my ears, all BA IEMs have less wow. Probably has something to do with rolled off subbass...

Jul 23, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #6 of 53
Deepanshu, Tf10 does the trick for me. However I have not heard many top tier iems. But the tf10 is something which just lets me enjoy the music.

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #7 of 53

Quote:
i need an iem which has a WOW factor and i should feel the music and connect to it as if i am lost in it and yes i am not a basshead.the bass should be limited but impactful.  HELP ME OUT PLZZ!!

If you want more engaging and WOW factor IEMs then I will highely recommend to try these Dynamic IEMs like JVC FX700, EX600, GR07, Sennheiser IE8 and Sony EX1000.

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #8 of 53
i am thinking of pairing digizod zo with re262 ,which i think will eliminate bass issues with re262.i am leaning more towards re262 because i have read that it is very good in conveying emotions but at some other thread it is written that all of this written about re262 is crap,so i am extremely confused.I dont need an iem with tons of bass which are trademark of JVC FX700,IE8,EX600,EX1000,TF10.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #9 of 53

Quote:
i am thinking of pairing digizod zo with re262 ,which i think will eliminate bass issues with re262.i am leaning more towards re262 because i have read that it is very good in conveying emotions but at some other thread it is written that all of this written about re262 is crap,so i am extremely confused.I dont need an iem with tons of bass which are trademark of JVC FX700,IE8,EX600,EX1000,TF10.

The only IEM that I would say has "tons of bass" would be the IE8 which has a huge mid-bass hump. The other four IEM that you mentioned do not have a ton of bass; I see the FX700 as having more of a "natural" bass presentation than the IE8. Seeing as how I haven't had the chance to listen to the EX600/1000, I can't say for sure if they have a lot of bass, but from what I've heard they have less than the FX700. Being a BA IEM, the TF10 will have the least amount of bass out of the five IEM you mentioned.

Out of all the IEM you have mentioned, I would go with the FX700 or EX600 depending on how much isolation you need.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #11 of 53
Of the iem's on your list I have had the tf10's & ie8's. I have not tried or seen the 262's however if the build quality and quality control is similar to the re0's I would stay away from them. That being said I prefer the sq of a good dynamic over a ba and would highly recommend the gr07, the build quality is top notch and I prefer them over any iem's that I have had. There are multiple threads here on the gr07's you should definitely check it out.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #13 of 53

Quote:
Of the iem's on your list I have had the tf10's & ie8's. I have not tried or seen the 262's however if the build quality and quality control is similar to the re0's I would stay away from them. That being said I prefer the sq of a good dynamic over a ba and would highly recommend the gr07, the build quality is top notch and I prefer them over any iem's that I have had. There are multiple threads here on the gr07's you should definitely check it out.

re0 have a very bad build quality when compared re262 ,it has a very good build quality when compared to re0.

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #14 of 53

Quote:

Hey deepanshu830, from the sound of it, I've been where your going, for the most part,
smile_phones.gif
  I started out with the TF10's paired with an ipod classic 7th gen, an all silver lod, along with the Voyager!!! nice nice nice, the all silver lod really brought out the mids quite nicely and widened the the sound stage, then I picked up a set of RE262's!!!!!! hands down they're even more awesome than the TF10's, the clearity of the 262's, made the TF10's sound MUDDY? so out with the TF10's and in with the 262's, but I swapped out the silver lod with a Fiio L9 all copper lod!!! it pairs quite nicely with the 262's also!!! the all silver lod made the 262's too bright!! and the copper emphasizes the lower range, cables will make a difference!! and so the TF10's went towards a trade with @Majin, for his EX600's!!!! 
atsmile.gif
, well what can I say, out with the 262's? well not until my Zo arrives and I can pair everything up with that, should be on tuesday, but the 600's are sounding awesome, 2x's more engaging than the 262's, which where 10x's better than my TF10's? I didn't even think twice to trade them, no doubt in my mind, go figure, I loved those TF10's while I had them, but then I had to go snooping around, and spoiled them by getting some awesome 262's, and let me tell you, paired with the Voyager, those things shine, great bass, tight and punchy, smooth as hell mids, and good top end, I'm burning in the 600's, so I'll see how they match up? and then there is the ZO!!! talk about a monkey wrench, from what I've been reading it does what the contour switch on the Voyager does, enhances the whole sound spectrum, so more should be better, right? 
blink.gif
, anyway I'll be finding out soon enough,       

Jul 24, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #15 of 53
My vote goes to the GR07. I know some here say it sounds bland or boring, but not to my ears. And there are details in the mids I'm hearing that I've haven't heard in any other universal (lack of mids details is one of the reasons I hated the DBA-02). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back