RE2. Round 2 and Head Direct Support
Aug 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Guppy_

100+ Head-Fier
Just thought I'd make another head direct appreciation thread. About a 3 weeks ago my right earphone stopped working. So I contacted head direct support (aka Fang Bian). He said just send them so I did. I asked if I could get cross-shipping, he politely said no
smily_headphones1.gif

All in all in 3 weeks time I had my Re2s again. This time they sent the one with the metal divider that says RE2. Hopefully they won't just stop working like the last pair...

Oh The reason why I created this is thread is because, I'm in Honduras, Central America
smily_headphones1.gif
and it's the best customer support overseas so far!

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by y3110w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, I have the same problem as you right now. My right earphone stopped working. I have to contact support for it but even that still doesn't change the sound quality these gave me. Definitely worth it.

Hmmm yeah if you search your way around the forums you'll find a lot of people have this problem. /me thinks its shoddy quality control or them not soldering properly the jack, simply because cables shouldn't be that weak. I really don't have an explanation for it. As if check some of those threads, most headfiers like me, take extremely good care of our electronics. Who knows. I just glad Head direct has great customer support.

Aug 27, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by y3110w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, my replacement just arrived and I shipped mine last Thursday. That was quick! They have great customer service and for the price, they can't be beat.

Did you just message them using their "head.direct.customerservice@gmail.com" address? I hope to get this dealt with quickly also.

Thanks

Aug 28, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #8 of 15
Just a quick question to all of you who got a replacement for your RE2s. The same thing just happened to me (left side stopped working) 2 months after I bought them. Is the replacement that is sent the full box and accessories, or just the headphones? I ask this because I have a ripped bi-flange tip, and would like that replaced, too.

Aug 28, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #9 of 15
I also had excellent support from HD -- immediate replies to email and immediate action on replacement, even though CanJam '09 was in full swing at the time :)

@radu242: When I sent in my RE2s, Fang explicitly said to send the headphones only, w/o accessories. The replacement arrived with a set of filters and a pair of tips, but not the entire range of accessories. As I remember (I could be wrong), the replacements came with the large translucent biflange tips, but not the opaque white or black bi-flanges. YMMV, and the product has been updated since my transaction, so I'd send Fang an email and ask to be sure.

Aug 29, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan.Siegel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@radu242: When I sent in my RE2s, Fang explicitly said to send the headphones only, w/o accessories. The replacement arrived with a set of filters and a pair of tips, but not the entire range of accessories. As I remember (I could be wrong), the replacements came with the large translucent biflange tips, but not the opaque white or black bi-flanges. YMMV, and the product has been updated since my transaction, so I'd send Fang an email and ask to be sure.

I guess the product really is updated often, because when I bought mine, I didn't get the black bi-flange tips which you mentioned. In the end it should all be sorted out with Head-Direct. Regardless, thanks for the quick reply.

Oct 28, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #12 of 15
Wow ok, I'm not the only one, left channel is making the imminent death buzzing sound and the connection is completely broken. Updated my thread...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/e...ct-re2-410676/

Sounds like I can get an easy replacement, but do I want to be replacing these potentially twice a year?

Would it be ridiculous to ask for a few dollars off the RE0 like a trade-up or something along those lines? RE0 come highly recommended and there are very few choices for Classical music.

Dec 14, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #13 of 15
Sorry to hijack this thread but may i know what address do you all send your phones to for replacement? Im mainly interested to know which country so that i can have an idea of the shipping costs.

Head direct doesn't cover the shipping costs right?

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #15 of 15
I've had good customer relations with Head-Direct, but yes, I hate to say it, the QC on their products is poor. Had reterminate my G1A's, but I feel good knowing the Nuetrik connector is soldered more securely now.
Sucks to see the RE2's suffers from the same lack luster quality. If it was for me, I'd order these in a heartbeat, but they're for the girlfriend, and don't want to give her something I'm worried is going to crap out in a month.
That said, I would still order from Fang in a heartbeat. When I can put some cash together, I'm definately getting the HE-5. Just hope he can get this issue fixed. I'd pay the extra 3-5 dollars for a better plug if that's what it takes to ensure reliability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back