RE0 vs. Shure SE215 vs. Westone 1's? best value?
Dec 14, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #2 of 7
I can only speak for the SE215, but I would highly recommend it for overall sound and solid construction. It's most likely more a little more bassy than the other two. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #3 of 7
I would recommend the Shure SE215. But if you dont really care about bass, go for the RE0, cuz those have really good sound quality and clarity at the price, but its just lacking bass and lower end. I have the Shure SE215 myself, and I really like them. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 7
i owned some RE0's and loved them. not a thing wrong accept i left them in my car for a week in the heat and the glue literally melted off them and they fell apart... so i loved the sound. are the Shure's on par with the clarity of the mids and highs and overall sound quality of the RE0's cause i wouldn't mind a little more thump in my brain if they excel in the as the RE0's do in those areas.

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #6 of 7
Don't think the shure can beat the RE0 in terms of clarity and treble extension. If clarity is your primary concern, and you already like the RE0, why not just get them again? Or if have a best buy close to you, you can give the shures an audition and return them if you don't like them.

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
on a side note. anyone have any notes for the UE 600's? i'm 5 secs away from buying the Shure's but i want all my info in line XD

In terms of clarity of the mids and highs, from what I've read, the shures will not be on par with the RE0. But from what I've learned about the UE600s, they should provide a similar sound to the RE0s, its suppose to have really good clarity of mids and highs, and lacking lower end and bass. People say the UE600 are amazing for classical music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back