RE0 Stock Large Biflange Tips Purchase
Apr 30, 2010 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

brianwalker

New Head-Fier
I've searched the forums and haven't found anything about this.

I lost one of my stock RE0 tips the other day, so I went to the head-direct website, but couldn't find replacement tips anywhere. Is there any way to buy only the stock tips? They fit perfectly on my ears and I don't want anything else. Is there a link to their website, or a sales representative here who sells them?

May 14, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #3 of 5
It is sad that many universal-fit IEM manufacturers sell replacement tips only as sets (with unwanted sizes and styles), with the notable exception of Ultimate Ears and Sennheiser (which may fit onto the RE0).

I mean once you tried out the choice of tips supplied with the IEM you will only need replacements for one kind and size.

May 15, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #4 of 5
taking advantage of the thread, I just lost my big biflange tips but the replacement's price is waaaay too high ($15!! http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=33# )
I'm looking forward to buy the replacement as soon as possible. Does someone has a spare pair and could sell it to me at a reasonable/sensible/friendly price?

btw is there any better alternatives? I heard a lot about the sony hybrids... Maybe I'll give it a try besides the RE0 replacements

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #5 of 5
I bought Sennheiser IE4 / CX single flange tips. They are interchangeable with tips for Ultimate Ears.

For 12€ I got 5 pairs of the size I want. Sony Hybrids come in packs of 1 pair each in sizes XL, L, M, S.

In fact I even prefer the Sennheiser tips over the tips supplied by Head-Direct:

• slightly larger (size M, both suppliers), fit is more firm
  • thinner material, more comfort
  • slightly stronger bass, the diameter of hole in the "olive" is larger
  • I need to crank up the volume slightly more,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back