RE0 Questions
Jul 15, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
Can anyone explain why Sony hybrids are a good choice(over stock tips/regular silicone tips)?

Better fit, more isolation, among other things. It's in our answers

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #18 of 23

Quote:
where is a good place to get these sony hybrids? 

Best Buy, Sony Store, or any place where they might sell sony headphones (these were meant to fit their line of IEMs). I bought mine for $10 for a pair of 4 sizes so it's supposed to be pretty worth it. If you can't find it, there's always amazon or ebay.

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #19 of 23

thanks.
Quote:
Best Buy, Sony Store, or any place where they might sell sony headphones (these were meant to fit their line of IEMs). I bought mine for $10 for a pair of 4 sizes so it's supposed to be pretty worth it. If you can't find it, there's always amazon or ebay.

Jul 16, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #20 of 23

Quote:
where is a good place to get these sony hybrids? 

same place we get all our miscellaneous tat

ebay
beerchug.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #21 of 23
This is a little too late, but anyways...a little tip to get the olives to fit better on the Re0s (or other IEMs), in case no one else has suggested it already.  Take two of the stock silicon tips (preferrably the smallest/thinnest ones, but they all should work), cut off the flanges so that you're only left with the cores, put them on the headphone nozzles as you would with an intact silicon tip, then put the de-cored olives on over the silicon cores.  Viola.  Before I did this my olives would fall off nearly continuously, but now they never come off unless I intentionally pry them off. 

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
Amping the RE0 will help bring out the bass a little more, give you a fuller sound, and provide increased volume. I use a FiiO E1 myself with the RE0. An E5 should do fine too, with the bass boost being a nice bonus to complement the RE0's shyness in that area. I think it's still fine even without amping though.

A good tip to use are the Shure olives. They are too small to just swap in, and need some mod work done first. Such as:
  1. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/473485/how-to-fit-shure-olives-on-larger-nozzle-iems-without-de-coring-with-pics
  2. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478766/shure-olive-guide-strech-decore-photos
You can try Comply tips as well. But they don't last very long.

The player/source always has an impact, unless the headphones are really bad such that good and bad sources both sound equally awful. However, with the RE0 you'll won't have the problem of muddy bass. 
etysmile.gif

For EQ, just use whatever sounds best to your ears. Some players do EQ the wrong way, and produce distortion/clipping when boosting frequencies. If you get that, then just use the reverse EQ setting instead. For example, if bass boost gives problems, then choose treble reducer instead. It's the same end result, except treble reducer won't cause clipping.

This is a little too late, but anyways...a little tip to get the olives to fit better on the Re0s (or other IEMs), in case no one else has suggested it already.  Take two of the stock silicon tips (preferrably the smallest/thinnest ones, but they all should work), cut off the flanges so that you're only left with the cores, put them on the headphone nozzles as you would with an intact silicon tip, then put the de-cored olives on over the silicon cores.  Viola.  Before I did this my olives would fall off nearly continuously, but now they never come off unless I intentionally pry them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back