RE0 for metal?
Jul 16, 2009 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

cornman

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy my first iem and I mostly listen to metal. How will the RE0's work with metal? I'm a little concerned because some people have said the midrange is recessed. Can anyone recomend a better iem in that price range or should i just get the re0's?

Jul 16, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 34
the re0 is awesome.

another choice (~$130) would be the HP-FX500.. havent heard it but from what i've read, it's fast w/ excellent bass(both quality and quantity) which sounds perfect for metal

Jul 16, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by cornman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My source is a 1g ipod nano but I'm probably going to upgrade soon.

Yes, the 1g nano is less-than-ideal. The RE0 work fine for metal for me, but I generally like a cold and analytical sound signature (which the RE0+Cowon D2 deliver in spades). If you like your metal warm, thick, and in-your-face (as many people do), you may want to look elsewhere.

Jul 16, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #7 of 34
I think so, but I would read the HA-FX500 appreciation thread. From what I've read about the sound, they seem like something I'd wanna try for metal as well. Just an FYI, cheapest price I could find was from Seyo-Shop.com (about $138 shipped for me).

Jul 17, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #8 of 34
Someone said the ha-fx500 has boomy bass and thats not what I want at all so I don't know if I should just get the re0's or if there is a better iem in that price range.

Jul 17, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by cornman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone said the ha-fx500 has boomy bass and thats not what I want at all so I don't know if I should just get the re0's or if there is a better iem in that price range.

Musical tastes aside, there is no better IEM in the price range.

Jul 22, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #14 of 34
i'm looking at these myself for the same music and i'm more concerned about having enough bass or too much treble.

for metal, recessed mids should not be an issue. the "mid scoop" is practically the definition of metal. at low volumes, it's how most guitarists will EQ their amps for that metal chunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back