RE0 Faded Out?
Feb 25, 2010 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

durden

100+ Head-Fier
Alright, as I was writing a paper for my night class just a few minutes ago, the right side faded to near silence. I could still make a little sound out, but it was REALLY quiet. I remembered reading in the past that its just the IEM's adjusting in the burn-in so I kept calm and just kept on listening. Sure enough, it came back in to full volume...fwhew...

Weird.

Happened to anyone else?

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 17
Yeah I had that happen a little but it was both sides and they also sounded imbalanced. I thought it was the song for a min but after about 10 seconds it just stopped and I checked the song and that wasn't it. I haven't had any problems and I have burned them in another 20-30 hours after that moment.

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 17
in total up to this point ive got close to 100 hours on them. guess things like this still happen after that long.

they sound great now.

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 17
I had that happen to me yesterday. The left channel on my RE0 started fading and I could also hear crackling which probably indicates bad connection somewhere or static buildup. The sound came back to normal in a few seconds. I fiddled with the cable for 10 minutes after that and couldn't detect any problems with the cable. Weird. Must've been static buildup. But actually I hope it's the cable going bad - really want the new version of RE0s with the less microphonic PPE cable.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #5 of 17
lol i take it you have that cloth cable :p

that does sound like a cable issue however. i never had it happen to me while i owned it but i didnt really own it for a very long period of time.

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #7 of 17
Ive done 200 hrs or more on mine and its done it 3 times recently.
Lasts about 2 seconds and then back to normal.
It happened twice in the left and once in the right.
Really sounds like a plug contact thing to me, but i haven't been able to pin it down to anything yet.
Hasn't happened in th last week.

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol i take it you have that cloth cable :p

that does sound like a cable issue however. i never had it happen to me while i owned it but i didnt really own it for a very long period of time.

Yeah, the cloth cable.
frown.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #10 of 17
happened to mine... 1 side went soft, then just died, was okay the next day, but then died completely. gave up and sent in for a replacement.

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #11 of 17
This happened to me on more than one occasion when using them with my player in my fleece jacket. I think its a static issue. Mine is the newest cable (non-cloth). Just probably thin and improperly sheilded.

Mar 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #12 of 17
I have been using the cloth cable version for a long time now and never experienced this.

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had that happen to me yesterday. The left channel on my RE0 started fading and I could also hear crackling which probably indicates bad connection somewhere or static buildup. The sound came back to normal in a few seconds. I fiddled with the cable for 10 minutes after that and couldn't detect any problems with the cable. Weird. Must've been static buildup. But actually I hope it's the cable going bad - really want the new version of RE0s with the less microphonic PPE cable.
biggrin.gif

That's happened to mine except with the right side going soft instead of the left. Jiggling the cable around doesn't help but rotating the plug in the socket can help or make it worse with my iPhone. It doesn't happen with my EF2 so I've come to the conclusion that it's the headphone jack on my iPhone that is the problem, have you considered that?

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by grahamnp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's happened to mine except with the right side going soft instead of the left. Jiggling the cable around doesn't help but rotating the plug in the socket can help or make it worse with my iPhone. It doesn't happen with my EF2 so I've come to the conclusion that it's the headphone jack on my iPhone that is the problem, have you considered that?

I'm thinking plug too.
That would explain it doing it on some players and not others (because of the type of socket in the DAP).
The gold plating has come off my RE0 plug, but it's only happen 3 times for about 2 seconds each in the past 3 months so im not too concerned.
If it started happening consistently and i was out of warranty, the plugs the first thing i would change.

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #15 of 17
I doubt its the drivers IMO.
It really sounds like a connection thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back