RE0 Faded Out?
post-6432286
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 17

durden

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
136
Reaction score
10
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Posts
136
Likes
10
Alright, as I was writing a paper for my night class just a few minutes ago, the right side faded to near silence. I could still make a little sound out, but it was REALLY quiet. I remembered reading in the past that its just the IEM's adjusting in the burn-in so I kept calm and just kept on listening. Sure enough, it came back in to full volume...fwhew...

Weird.

Happened to anyone else?
 
     Share This Post       
post-6432293
Post #2 of 17

kshelton

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
514
Reaction score
10
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Posts
514
Likes
10
Yeah I had that happen a little but it was both sides and they also sounded imbalanced. I thought it was the song for a min but after about 10 seconds it just stopped and I checked the song and that wasn't it. I haven't had any problems and I have burned them in another 20-30 hours after that moment.
 
     Share This Post       
post-6432329
Post #3 of 17

durden

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
136
Reaction score
10
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Posts
136
Likes
10
in total up to this point ive got close to 100 hours on them. guess things like this still happen after that long.

they sound great now.
 
     Share This Post       
post-6432444
Post #4 of 17

Pianist

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
3,994
Reaction score
101
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Posts
3,994
Likes
101
I had that happen to me yesterday. The left channel on my RE0 started fading and I could also hear crackling which probably indicates bad connection somewhere or static buildup. The sound came back to normal in a few seconds. I fiddled with the cable for 10 minutes after that and couldn't detect any problems with the cable. Weird. Must've been static buildup. But actually I hope it's the cable going bad - really want the new version of RE0s with the less microphonic PPE cable.
 
     Share This Post       
post-6432460
Post #5 of 17

rawrster

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
10,565
Reaction score
205
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Posts
10,565
Likes
205
lol i take it you have that cloth cable :p

that does sound like a cable issue however. i never had it happen to me while i owned it but i didnt really own it for a very long period of time.
 
     Share This Post       
post-6432463
Post #6 of 17

bcpk

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 20, 2009
Messages
1,477
Reaction score
21
Joined
Sep 20, 2009
Posts
1,477
Likes
21
If it happens again try replacing the filters :p
 
     Share This Post       
post-6432479
Post #7 of 17

paulypaul

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Messages
585
Reaction score
15
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Posts
585
Likes
15
Ive done 200 hrs or more on mine and its done it 3 times recently.
Lasts about 2 seconds and then back to normal.
It happened twice in the left and once in the right.
Really sounds like a plug contact thing to me, but i haven't been able to pin it down to anything yet.
Hasn't happened in th last week.
 
     Share This Post       
post-6432513
Post #8 of 17

Pianist

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
3,994
Reaction score
101
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Posts
3,994
Likes
101
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol i take it you have that cloth cable :p

that does sound like a cable issue however. i never had it happen to me while i owned it but i didnt really own it for a very long period of time.



Yeah, the cloth cable.
 
     Share This Post       
post-6445796
Post #9 of 17

durden

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
136
Reaction score
10
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Posts
136
Likes
10
just had both left and right sides go out then come back in...weird...
 
     Share This Post       
post-6445835
Post #10 of 17

limathy

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 5, 2007
Messages
281
Reaction score
0
Joined
Oct 5, 2007
Posts
281
Likes
0
happened to mine... 1 side went soft, then just died, was okay the next day, but then died completely. gave up and sent in for a replacement.
 
     Share This Post       
post-6446023
Post #11 of 17

jaw2ek

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
170
Reaction score
11
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Posts
170
Likes
11
This happened to me on more than one occasion when using them with my player in my fleece jacket. I think its a static issue. Mine is the newest cable (non-cloth). Just probably thin and improperly sheilded.
 
     Share This Post       
post-6446363
Post #12 of 17

dlcleveland

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Posts
15
Likes
0
I have been using the cloth cable version for a long time now and never experienced this.
 
     Share This Post       
post-6447546
Post #13 of 17

grahamnp

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
191
Reaction score
10
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Posts
191
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had that happen to me yesterday. The left channel on my RE0 started fading and I could also hear crackling which probably indicates bad connection somewhere or static buildup. The sound came back to normal in a few seconds. I fiddled with the cable for 10 minutes after that and couldn't detect any problems with the cable. Weird. Must've been static buildup. But actually I hope it's the cable going bad - really want the new version of RE0s with the less microphonic PPE cable.



That's happened to mine except with the right side going soft instead of the left. Jiggling the cable around doesn't help but rotating the plug in the socket can help or make it worse with my iPhone. It doesn't happen with my EF2 so I've come to the conclusion that it's the headphone jack on my iPhone that is the problem, have you considered that?
 
     Share This Post       
post-6447573
Post #14 of 17

paulypaul

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Messages
585
Reaction score
15
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Posts
585
Likes
15
Quote:

Originally Posted by grahamnp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's happened to mine except with the right side going soft instead of the left. Jiggling the cable around doesn't help but rotating the plug in the socket can help or make it worse with my iPhone. It doesn't happen with my EF2 so I've come to the conclusion that it's the headphone jack on my iPhone that is the problem, have you considered that?


I'm thinking plug too.
That would explain it doing it on some players and not others (because of the type of socket in the DAP).
The gold plating has come off my RE0 plug, but it's only happen 3 times for about 2 seconds each in the past 3 months so im not too concerned.
If it started happening consistently and i was out of warranty, the plugs the first thing i would change.
 
     Share This Post       
post-6447594
Post #15 of 17

paulypaul

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Messages
585
Reaction score
15
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Posts
585
Likes
15
I doubt its the drivers IMO.
It really sounds like a connection thing.
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top