RE0 durability question
Jul 29, 2011 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AudioNewbi3

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone.....So I just got my RE-0'S today and I accidentally dropped them to a mosiac floor while sitting infront of my laptop and bending over to get some stuff. The IEM'S came loose and drop outta my ear to the ground. So I was wondering will this affect any internal components and such?

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 8
Well you're the only one who'll be able to tell based on how it sounds.. however in my experience, I'd have to say that you should baby the RE0s. The cables aren't very durable. In my case, the left piece isn't working anymore. The usual problem where you need to play around with the wire for the sound to come out. 

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Ah ic....but It's not the wire but rather the earbuds themselves

I believe that the RE0's have good durability - both the cable as well as the drivers.

This is the extent to which I've 'tested' them

1) Jogging in the rain for 20 mins+ ( HEAVY downpours)
2) Accidentally dropping DAP, thus leading to the RE0's being ripped from my ears (ouch)
3) Cable entanglement when moving around in my bag
4) Pulling excessively on cable

Still, my RE0's are in GREAT condition - and sound great.

However, there was one weird case where, after my 2nd day of having used the RE0's, the left driver stopped working - but then all of a sudden started working the next day.

Jul 29, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
I believe that the RE0's have good durability - both the cable as well as the drivers.

This is the extent to which I've 'tested' them

1) Jogging in the rain for 20 mins+ ( HEAVY downpours)
2) Accidentally dropping DAP, thus leading to the RE0's being ripped from my ears (ouch)
3) Cable entanglement when moving around in my bag
4) Pulling excessively on cable

Still, my RE0's are in GREAT condition - and sound great.

However, there was one weird case where, after my 2nd day of having used the RE0's, the left driver stopped working - but then all of a sudden started working the next day.

Yeah my RE0's were beaten up pretty badly but they still work perfectly after about half a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back