RE0 durability issues
Oct 5, 2009 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

redrich2000

Headphoneus Supremus
I have just had me second pair of Hifiman RE0s break. The first pair one side went dead after a week, the second pair have started cutting in and out after a week. I treat them as I have previous phones (wrapped around iPod in my bag). Has anyone else had this problem? I don't know whether to try my luck with a third pair or try something else.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #2 of 4
Warping headphone cable around iPod (or any DAP in the regard) is generally a bad idea. Hopefully you can get it fixed but you should avoid tight cable warping in the future.

Oct 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 4
the casing of my left earphone broke after 4 days. sent him an email and he said they would honour the warranty if i did a DIY job on his reccommendation.
they dont seem to be the strongest headphones around.

out of curiosity, do you have the rubber cable or the fabric type cable? when mine broke i had a peek inside and the fabric cable didnt seem to happy about being cooped up in there with so little room. make it hard to get the glue to hold because of the spring caused by it.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by roosta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the casing of my left earphone broke after 4 days. sent him an email and he said they would honour the warranty if i did a DIY job on his reccommendation.
they dont seem to be the strongest headphones around.

out of curiosity, do you have the rubber cable or the fabric type cable? when mine broke i had a peek inside and the fabric cable didnt seem to happy about being cooped up in there with so little room. make it hard to get the glue to hold because of the spring caused by it.

They were both the fabric cable.
I think I am going to go back to CK7s I need some phones that are more durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back