Re-shell,Reborn! LEAR’s Hong Kong-based service now available!
Nov 2, 2013 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

lear-hk

Sponsor: LEAR
Thanks to the support of our loyal customers, LEAR’s one-stop re-shelling service has gained invaluable recognition and experience in the 3 years since its launch.

In the past, the re-shelling process was outsourced to our Mainland partners in order to strike a balance between cost efficiency and quality, while LEAR’s tech team (based in Hong Kong) focused on developing and perfecting the CM series that the market has come to love.

Today, due to the increasingly high costs of manufacturing in Mainland China, we have decided to take a leap at this opportunity to further advance the quality of our service – we are proud to announce that the LEAR Hong Kong tech team will be taking over the entirety of the re-shelling process.

2849.jpg
 ​
2841.jpg
Re-shell your universal fit in ear earphone to a professional grade Custom Made in ear earphone!

A perfect fit and comfort to your own ears !
A custom color selection and personal style!
A problem fix solution to your old or injured earphone!

A second hand CM refit/remold solution!

All by LEAR HongKong and all made in HongKong!
Start from USD$240 (free international shipping & No extra charge for Payment via PayPal)
Inquiry and Order: info@lear.hk
 ​

What is LEAR’s Re-shelling service?

Our re-shelling service transforms your universal fit earphones into custom-fitted earphones – earphones that are perfectly molded to fit the shape of your ear concha and canal.  The result is not only unparalleled soundproofing quality, but also a highly personalized device that is truly yours only.

Why re-shell?

Universal, mass-manufactured earphones are designed with changeable ear tips as a one-size-fits-all solution.  Naturally, the convenience offered by such design often sacrifices comfort and soundproofing quality, and is susceptible to wear and tear.  Re-shelling completely eliminates the need of replaceable ear tips/sponges by ear impression the casing of your earphones to fit perfectly to the shape of your ears and canals.  The best part is that the process preserves the original sound quality of your device!

You may also want to consider re-shelling your earphones should they need repair but are no longer covered by warranty.  One common but often overlooked issue is the blocking of the sound tube by earwax.  This causes the sound output of your earphones to dull and diminish.  This issue is usually solvable only by replacing the filter, but can now also be rectified via re-shelling.  Not only will your beloved earphones be restored, they will be crafted to further enhance your music listening experience!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: Are CM earphones suitable for me?
A1: This depends on your practical needs.  If you are satisfied with the sound quality but dislike certain aspects of your current earphones (i.e. lack in soundproof, discomfort when wearing or if you just want to personalize it), then re-shelling is the answer to your problems!

Q2: I think I have rather big/small ears, are CM earphones still for me?
A2: According to expert opinion, as long as your canals are in good state, and if you have not had surgery done on your ears, then you are technically good to go.  There are exceptions, of course.  If you have further doubts, please feel free to seek expert consultation.

Q3: What is re-shelling?
A3: Re-shelling transforms your earphones into custom-fitted earphones – earphones that are perfectly molded to fit the shape of your ear concha and canal.  The result is not only unparalleled soundproofing quality, but also a highly personalized device that is truly yours only.

Q4: Which earphones are fit for re-shelling?
A4: At the moment, LEAR’s re-shelling service only accepts universal earphones with balanced armature drivers.  As long as your earphones fit that category and are reasonably easy to dissemble, they are fit for re-shelling.
The following are common brands and models that we re-shell:
Ultimate ears-SF3,SF5pro,TF10pro; Westone UM1/W1,UM2/W2,UM3X/W3; Shure SE530,SE420
SE535...
Feel free to bring your earphones to our store for an assessment to see if they are suitable!

Q5: Will re-shelling enhance the original sound quality of the earphones?
A5: Not necessarily! There is a slight chance that re-shelling may alter the original sound quality of your earphones.  This is because of: 1) the change in the shell and tubing physically; 2) the change in the closure of earphones resulting in the auditory sensation difference; 3) inconsistency of re-shelling; 4)
the use of different quality cables since they become changeable after re-shelling.
These changes in sound quality due to the above may be positive or negative.  In the end, it comes down to the personal preferences of the user!

Q6: Can the re-shelled earphones be fitted with other cables?
A6: Yes! Re-shelled earphones may be fitted with cables with CM jacks or MMCX jacks and are changeable at any time.

Q7: How long does re-shelling take?
A7: On average, 14 working days(EXCLUDED SATURDAY & SUNDAY) from the day the ear impression of the client is received by us.

Q8: When should I have my earphones re-shelled?
A8: You should consider re-shelling your earphones if you experience discomfort such as pains, pressure against ear or severe sound leakage while wearing your earphones.

Q9: The cable jack of my newly made CM earphones seems a little tight, is this
normal?
A9: This is normal on newly made earphones.  It should not affect your music-listening experience and should desist after connecting multiple times.
This is one of the more delicate parts of the CM earphones and is thus not covered by warranty unless: 1) poor connection causes noise or reduction in sound quality, or; 2) the size of the bore renders the earphones unusable.  Should you come across with these problems, please hand in your earphones for free inspection and follow-up service.

Q10: How do I put on my CM earphones?
A10: First, align the tip of your earphones with your canal, then gently rotate in the anti-clockwise direction into the canal until it is all fitted in comfortably.  To take it off, simply rotate clockwise until it is loosened.

LEAR’s re-shelling service - details

Service Fees:

2813.jpg

Basic Package
1 - 4 drivers
USD$240 (Free international shipping & No extra charge for Payment via PayPal)
4 drivers or above
USD$260 (Free international shipping & No extra charge for Payment via PayPal)

Includes:
  1. Re-shelling and ear impression(HK Local order) or Free International Shipping(International order)ear impression
  2. LEAR cleaning cloth x1
  3. Cleaning wand x1
  4. Metal case x1
  5. Post-re-shelling frequency response chart x1

Premium package:

2814.jpg

1 - 4 drivers
USD$290 (Free international shipping & No extra charge for Payment via PayPal)
4 drivers or above
USD$310(Free international shipping & No extra charge for Payment via PayPal)

Includes:
  1. Re-shelling and ear impression(HK Local order) or Free International Shipping(International order)
  3. Cleaning wand x1
  4. Post-re-shelling frequency response chart x1
  5. LEAR C2 CABLE ( CM jack ) ( original price Black USD$60 / Clear USD$65,MMCX jack: +USD$20 )
  1. High quality waterproof and shock absorbent case:
    Otter Box Pursuits 20 ( original price USD$23) or
    PELICAN 1010 MICRO CASE ( original price  USD$20 )

Special deal:

2815.jpg
2816.jpg

Re-shell with LEAR C2 Cable
  1. Black LEAR C2 Cable x1: extra USD$30
  2. Clear: extra USD$5
  3. MMCX jack: extra USD$20
  4. Black original price. USD$60,Clear original price. USD$65

Color can be customized in Left/Right and the following 3 parts: faceplate, body, canal:

2842.jpg

2819.jpg
2820.jpg
2821.jpg
2822.jpg
2823.jpg
2824.jpg
2825.jpg
2826.jpg
2827.jpg
2828.jpg
2829.jpg
2830.jpg
2831.jpg
2832.jpg
2833.jpg

​
2840.jpg

Engraving (single color)
Price: USD$55 for both sides
(Please provide your own file: JPG, JPEG, PNG etc.)

Pictures or words may be engraved on the faceplate.  Designs and colors may be different on either sides.

Special Faceplate (All +USD55):

True Wood
2311.jpg

Denim
2836.jpg
2837.jpg

Illusion
2838.jpg

Metallic
2839.jpg

Ture Texture
2834.jpg
2835.jpg

2872.jpg
MMCX type plug available
 ​
 ​
Ordering process:

• Place your order to" info@lear.hk "
  • We will reply the information in detail  for the order.
  • The order should be completed within 14 working days(EXCLUDED SATURDAY & SUNDAY) from the date your ear impression is received.  We will notify you of further delays should they arise.

After sale and Maintenance Service:
  1. Purchases are entitled to 2 refits 2 months after delivery of product (require proof of purchase).

Disclaimer: Our company accepts no responsibilities for any minor changes either positive or negative in sound quality or timbre, as a result of re-shelling.

Photos of finished products: (updating from time to time):

2843.jpg
 ​
2844.jpg
 ​
2845.jpg

2851.jpg

shining pink
 ​
352.jpg

Klipsch Custom 3

353.jpg

Shure SE530

354.jpg

Westone UM2

355.jpg

Westone UM3X

369.jpg

Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5Pro
 ​
422.jpg
CM- UE11PRO
 ​
423.jpg
Westone2
 ​
425.jpg
Westone 1 (W1)
 ​
499.jpg

​
497.jpg
Shure E3/E3c
 ​
522.jpg
 ​
521.jpg

​
 ​
523.jpg
 ​
524.jpg
897.jpg
Etymotic ER4
 ​
608.jpg

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions regarding to our service!

Thanks for reading!

LEAR

LEAR website : http://lear.hk
LEAR Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/LearHongKong
Inquiry: PM or Email: info@lear.hk

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 15
The price is  included the shipping from HK to International and also the payment via Paypal.
All process are made in HongKong by LEAR.
No worry about tax during transportation,as HK is tax free for electronics.
Also ,customers will enjoy the benefit from us,such as high efficiency and reliability !

Nov 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 15
  Includes:
  1. Re-shelling and ear impression
  3. Cleaning wand x1
  4. Metal case x1
  5. Post-re-shelling frequency response chart x1

Does this mean you'll be sending impression kits with a return shipping label? or what exactly?
Just a little confused since I never went through CIEM processes.

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #5 of 15
  Does this mean you'll be sending impression kits with a return shipping label? or what exactly?
Just a little confused since I never went through CIEM processes.

Sorry about the incomplete information!
Our re-shell service will included ear impression for HK Local order only,
Orders outside HK, we will free international shipping as well!
That means customers which outside HK must be sending their earphone together with  ear impression for the re-shell service.

Thanks for your inquiry!

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #6 of 15
So local orders, I can come to your store/office and get my impression done?

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #7 of 15
Local orders, we will referral to our hearing center partner which nearby us for taking the ear impression after complete the order form.
Price is included the ear impression as well~

Thanks for your inquiry !

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #8 of 15
  Local orders, we will referral to our hearing center partner which nearby us for taking the ear impression after complete the order form.
Price is included the ear impression as well~

Thanks for your inquiry !

Cool! I have a SE530 that I have been wanting to reshell for a while now. Is it possible to add extra drivers too?

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 15
Hi Lear,

I recently took the plunge and got my first SIEM by re-shelling my Earsonic S-EM6 with you, but I'm having difficulty getting professional advice from your store front.

I want to fix the sound leakage on my left IEM within the two month deadline, I've been listening to them for a month, but just cannot pinpoint or determine which part of the IEM should be thickened. As your store front is usually quite busy and noisy, do you have a service center with someone who can help me determine which part of my IEM is leaking and fix before the deadline?

Actually I blame the sound leak on your ear impression partner. When I was there, they told me my left ear was inflamed and red inside, but still insisting in continuing the impression. Anyhow, I'm guessing my ear is better now, it's made the IEM loose and isolation is poor.

Please help suggest some options.

Aug 4, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #12 of 15
Hi Lear,

I recently took the plunge and got my first SIEM by re-shelling my Earsonic S-EM6 with you, but I'm having difficulty getting professional advice from your store front.

I want to fix the sound leakage on my left IEM within the two month deadline, I've been listening to them for a month, but just cannot pinpoint or determine which part of the IEM should be thickened. As your store front is usually quite busy and noisy, do you have a service center with someone who can help me determine which part of my IEM is leaking and fix before the deadline?

Actually I blame the sound leak on your ear impression partner. When I was there, they told me my left ear was inflamed and red inside, but still insisting in continuing the impression. Anyhow, I'm guessing my ear is better now, it's made the IEM loose and isolation is poor.

Please help suggest some options.

Hi,

Sorry to know that you have fitting issue after reshelled.
Please kindly leave us an email to info@lear-audio.hk.

You can visit our service center for instant refit after booking.

Thanks for your cooperation and support !

LEAR

Aug 4, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #13 of 15
i have been considering your custom fitting service for my IEM for some time, as it at a substantial premium i need some more time to think about it, but this fellow audiophile seems to had a bad fitting service and below par service if the impressionist insist on moulding with a swelling ear, now the result is badly fitting and leaky sound, i hope that your customer service amicably resolves this issue with this audiophile as your company has a good reputation history

Aug 5, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #15 of 15
i have been considering your custom fitting service for my IEM for some time, as it at a substantial premium i need some more time to think about it, but this fellow audiophile seems to had a bad fitting service and below par service if the impressionist insist on moulding with a swelling ear, now the result is badly fitting and leaky sound, i hope that your customer service amicably resolves this issue with this audiophile as your company has a good reputation history

Sure, we offer 1 year free refit service for all of our custom fit products now to ensure every pair of our product will be 100% fit to the customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back