1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

RE: DIY iPod Mod

1. 21Klipz
    Hello Head-fi.

New member here and not an avid user of forums as will become painfully apparent. Yes, I'll be requiring moderator approval for this post as I certainly don't know where to put it!

I am at heart an amateur audiophile. I suppose with the help of this community I could share experiences and really get into it. Lately, I've been looking at the DIY iPod mod. I've ordered most of the things online that are required to make it happen and will be posting photos of the complete product!

It has come to my attention that the clear/transparent face-plate or what-ever it's called is readily available at Aliexpress, eBay and the like. However, it's the clear/transparent click-wheel and middle button that I'm having trouble finding. I see a lot of "takes" on the project and most of you seem to have it and I'm jelly. I've scanned the Internet left, right and center and I'm hoping somebody out there knows something about this product.. the so-called iVue "crystal case". If you know where I can get one please do not hesitate to let me know.

Oh, I should mention that I've phoned Rapid-Repair and apparently their source lost the molds? So this product isn't available anymore and so stock is scarce. I'm not aware of competitors to the iVue.

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018