Re-cabling IEMs (Westone3s)
Sep 25, 2010 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

k427

New Head-Fier
Lately I've been having some trouble with one of the channels of my iems. It seems as there is a short near the top of the cable on the right side. The sound will cut out occasionally and with a little re-adjustment it'll reappear. Unfortunately, I am outside of the warranty so it'll be ~$200 to get fixed (per Westone's quote). I'm wondering if there are any services or people that re-cable iems (I know there are a couple individuals here that re-cable cans). I thought it would be a better investment to get a better cable then send them in to get fixed. 

Thanks.

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 3
Re-shell the whole IEM into custom. Try to search the forum for Unique Melody and Fisher Hearing..

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 3
You won't really find a better cable. There are some that i find better but the Westone cable is already very very good and better than most earphones. I find the Audio Technica CK10 and CK100 cable better but that would be pretty stupid to sacrifice expensive earphones for a recable. You have two options which is to get them reshelled into a custom or have Westone fix it for you. The first option will probably be more than $200 once you add up impression, cost of a cable, shipping, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back