Re-cabled my Denon AH-D2000 headphones
Mar 31, 2011 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Skooks

500+ Head-Fier
I just recently had Drew at Moon Audio to re-cable my Denon AH-D2000 headphones with his Blue Dragon cable. Boy, what a difference it made over the stock cable! Like daylight and dark! The weakness of the D2000... bloated bass, recessed mids, and closed in soundstage was all addressed and mostly taken care of by the Blue Dragon. The rest of the problem was taken care of by JMoney ear pads. Now, these phones can be ranked up with the big boys! I kid you not.

Not only is the Blue Dragon cable sonically good, but it also looks much better than the original... much better. And, as usual, Drew's service was outstanding. He re-cabled the D2000 and had them back out to me in 2 days flat. You can't beat that kind of service. I'm well pleased.

I have purchased AKG 702 and Sennheiser HD800 phones, Burson HA-160 amp, and Black Dragon power cable from Drew, and every purchase has been enjoyable. I can always count on his advice, and can be assured I'll be satisfied.

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #3 of 6
I have since gone to HiFiMan HE-5LE and then to HE-500. And, I purchased Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable for these two phones from Drew. Again, the cable made a difference... for the best.

I recommend his cable without reservations.

If I remember correctly, he charged me $250 for re-cabling my Denon AH-2000's with his Blue Dragon.

You should email him and ask for his current price.

drew@moon-audio.com

I hope you enjoy your Denon's... excellent headphones with the right amp. I can highly recommend the Schiit Lyr. That amp will drive any phones. And, with the right tubes for your phones, you will be in business.

Thanks...
Hugh

Aug 20, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #4 of 6
Just received Blue Dragon V3 for my Hifiman HE-500 it is awesome!...The Hifiman stock cable is like a filter, the Blue dragon V3 allows the listener to hear the true performance of the HE-500. SQ is balanced from bass, midrange and treble, the Blue Dragon V3 increases the detail and imaging of the music. I'm so impressed with the Blue Dragon V3 performance that next month I plan to order Blue Dragon V3 for my Sennheiser HD600 and inquire about Blue Dragon Interconnects.

Aug 20, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #5 of 6
Good to hear about the Blue Dragon. I would sure like to AB the Blue versus the Silver Dragon that I have.

I am thinking about having Drew adapt a Blue Dragon that I have used with my Etymotics... it's an extension cable that I plug them into. I sure want to see which is best with my HE-500s.

Thanks for the post.

BTW... what amp are you using on the 500s?

—Hugh

Aug 20, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 6
Audio GD C 2.1, Audio GD NFB2 Dac and Audio GD Digital Interface with Power Supply Wireworld Starlight USB, Wireworld Digital Coax, MIT 330 Plus interconnect. Very neutral sound from the Audio GD gear, the Blue Dragon V3 revealed the true performance of the HE-500. I was very disappointed with the performance SQ of the HE-500 until I replaced the stock cable with the Blue Dragon V3.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back