RE-262 and GR-07 HELP!
May 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jschristian44

Member of the Trade: Justin's Headphone Modding
CAUTION: Incomplete trades
I am having a terrible time choosing between these 2 IEM's.  I just got the GR-06 as my first VSonic and I absolutely adore them.  I wanted to move to the next stuff up to the GR-07, but I kept thinking about how good of reviews the RE-262 had and how much I enjoyed my RE-Zero's when I had them.  I currently have the Schiit Asgard/E6 as my Amps and the Gamma y2 as my DAC.  I want something for gaming (RE-262 because I heard it has a huge soundstage), something for my bass music (thunderpants), and something for all other classical, rock, etc music for vocals (RE-262 or GR-07).  I really enjoy these GR-06 and they are very balanced and just wonderful.  But, I want the RE-262 because they are warm, etc.  I want my thunderpants for my bass music and an IEM for gaming/music.  Which is better for both gaming/music in the GR-07 vs RE-262.  I am still leaning towards the RE-262 because of it's huge soundstage and great mids, etc.  But these GR-06 are doing everything right.

May 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #2 of 12
The GR07 sound big and detailed with sturdy built quality(highly recommended) but if you wan to experience huge soundstage then i will recommended to try Sennheiser IE8 and they sound very detailed too.

May 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #5 of 12
Yeah I wanted to see what they sounded like and I like them so much I want to upgrade.  My price range is near $150 for the new set.  Do you want them back for $40?  They are very nice.  I am pretty fixed on the RE262 now after reading about them.  I will use those as my movies/music/gaming and the thunderpants as my bass headphones.

May 15, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
Yeah I wanted to see what they sounded like and I like them so much I want to upgrade.  

Haha, audiophile logic. I've never heard the RE262, but from what I've read, it may be what you want.

No, I don't need them back. I sold them because I don't need them. 

May 15, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #7 of 12
They should sell fairly quickly at $40, they are amazing for $40 I have to say.  I might keep them for my portables and keep the RE262 and Thunderpants as my home setup.  Not really sure yet.  That sounds like a good combination right?  GR06 does everything right for portables, re262 for music/gaming/movies, and thunderpants for bass cans.

May 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #9 of 12
Wow, I am having a hard time putting them down.  Every song keeps getting better with them.  And no I am not just saying this as a market ploy, these are sounding fantastic.  I am not sure what I want to do yet.  I know for sure I want the RE-262 though, I am itching at what they sound like.  I know I want the thunderpants as well.  See, I want a good IEM and a good full sized set and in the Thunderpants and RE262 I have that.  I also have 2 manequin heads for holders for them as well.  But these GR06 are hard to put down.  If they sound this good, it makes me want the GR07, but the RE262 has even better reviews.  I am shocked at how nice the soundstage is on these GR06 as well.  It's very big for being an IEM at this price range.  I'd say near AD700 width, but the seperation isn't as nice.  They just sound amazing.  And I am going to need something for my PSP and MP3 player on my jogs and I don't want to use the RE262 for that.  So I will see if I want to keep them or not.  Just shoot me a PM.

May 19, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #10 of 12
I've not had a RE262, but i've had the GR-07 wonderful sound, bass extends deep, but somehow, i've never fallen in love with it. It does nothing wrong , but thats all to it.. no fun or excitement, 

May 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #11 of 12
The RE262 is better than the GR07 I imagine.  Just from what I've read and testing my RE262 that aren't even burned in yet.  They have a nice slight warmness to them and the vocals and everything is amazingly clear and clean.  The bass isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Not near the GR07 probably though, but still very nice and clean.  They are amazing for gaming sessions.  You can hear everything and exactly where it's coming from.  And that's without an amp I had them and they need an amp.  I can't wait to get my amp and test it all out.

May 20, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
The RE262 is better than the GR07 I imagine.  Just from what I've read and testing my RE262 that aren't even burned in yet.  They have a nice slight warmness to them and the vocals and everything is amazingly clear and clean.  The bass isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Not near the GR07 probably though, but still very nice and clean.  They are amazing for gaming sessions.  You can hear everything and exactly where it's coming from.  And that's without an amp I had them and they need an amp.  I can't wait to get my amp and test it all out.

Please try not to compare an IEM to one you haven't even heard...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back