rca cable
May 1, 2002 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
HI ALL:
I have some regular rca cables going from my amp tape out to my supreme amp and it sounds great. But I am a head-fi freak. I called headroom and they have a 6 ft. cable for 90.00 that woud realy improve the ics sound. I was woundering if there was a cheeper cable that would sound real good but be less money. I dont have real highend stuff. I would consider my home rige a medium set up. So do you think that the 90.00 headroom cable is over kill? Are there cheeper cables and how cheep can I go with a medium rige that would be way better than my stock rca cable? Also would it be nessary to get better cables from my tape deck to my amp and would that also improve the sound. This is an expensive hobbie but its not a hobbie to me . It is my way of life.

May 1, 2002 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 10
team stupid this and team stupid that.

lou, try to search the archives on this one.

May 2, 2002 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 10
Lou, now you're getting into dangerous territory. You would not believe the interconnects that can be had, and the prices. $90 is not bad in the scheme of things, I would recommend that you try out some Outlaw PCB ICs. Check out kwkarth's comments in the thread "Best $100 interconnects."

You can also check out Used Cables.Com for some deals.

May 2, 2002 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 10
JMT:
HI: Wow some of them cables are exspensive. They cost more than my cans and amp. I got The dimarzio and hope that they will be good enough for me to hear a nice difference. Since I hook up my amp to my stereo receiver and cd deck there is a huge difference in sound. I was useing my mini disc and the sound was good but now it is great useing the regular rca cables. so I thought that the better cables woukd make a difference. How much so I realy dont know. I never bought good cables befor now to spend 200.00 for 2 cables seems madneing but some members say thats what to do.
ps.
I guess that I am cheep but I wont bay a penney more for cables. The 200.00 is blowing my mind for 2 cables.

May 2, 2002 at 10:35 AM Post #5 of 10
I would recommend you not spend any money before you actually hear the cable. Try and organise a double blind test. Your brain is very powerful. And as such you will often convince yourself of better sound simply through your expectations of it.

May 2, 2002 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 10
Poddy
This is getting nuts. 200.00 for 2 cables I mean I know that I am crazy but this is going to far. I am stoping here for now. PODDY since I came to this forum I got the 580s the supreme amp the equinox cables for my 580s and now 2 cables that cost 90.00 each. I stop and listen to the music. I give up. No more upgrading for now. I will have to sell my dog for money if I keep this up. LOL

May 2, 2002 at 12:34 PM Post #7 of 10
Lou, next time, search and read before you leap. Or pull out the charge card.

Kwkarth had DiMarzio cables before he got the Outlaws -- the Outlaws are an unbelievably good price for fantastic cable. Read that string on cables under $100.

May 3, 2002 at 1:22 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
Poddy
This is getting nuts. 200.00 for 2 cables I mean I know that I am crazy but this is going to far. I am stoping here for now. PODDY since I came to this forum I got the 580s the supreme amp the equinox cables for my 580s and now 2 cables that cost 90.00 each. I stop and listen to the music. I give up. No more upgrading for now. I will have to sell my dog for money if I keep this up. LOL

Sounds like your back on the right path mate. I have posted links to sites before that have extensively tested RCA cables. And from years of experimenting on my own and reading said materials i am now in the Cables do not do all that much if anything for superior sonic capabilities. Obviously it is important to get a well constructed seal from the RCA to the amplifier inputs. But cryogenic freezing and so forth. The market is just ridiculous. And a lot of it has been fabricated by Hi Fi Stores sadly. Some food for thought - consider the markup on components which is very low. However cables the markup is extremely high. Now question why the salesmen insists you have cryogenically frozen triple shielded cables with oxygen free copper =p/.

May 3, 2002 at 2:54 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

I mean I know that I am crazy but this is going to far. I am stoping here for now.

Lou, you have seen the light (I am still in the dark
wink.gif
)
Quote:

I will have to sell my dog for money if I keep this up. LOL

**Wanting some new speakers....eyeing his first born male child**

Users who are viewing this thread

Back