RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Aug 13, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #2,881 of 3,671
Aug 13, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #2,882 of 3,671
mvvRAZ said:

I think the presentation is just too musical and emotional for me

what he probably means is , if i keep Trailli , i don't have a reason to keep buying/trying stuff

and this is no fun - hence he sells it and he continues trying new toys

smart.

Aug 14, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #2,883 of 3,671
Dude, seriously now! 😝

Isn't that the whole point of listening to music? 🤔
I don’t know how to explain it, I prefer a more raw and cold approach to the sound - It is easier for me to connect to the music on a more emotional level when it is presented that way - the A12t for example has similar tuning to the traillii imo, but fits my overall preferences better

Also, as I mentioned - desert that’s too sweet
mvvRAZ said:

I think the presentation is just too musical and emotional for me

what he probably means is , if i keep Trailli , i don't have a reason to keep buying/trying stuff

and this is no fun - hence he sells it and he continues trying new toys

smart.
Haha not at all, as I mentioned yesterday, I actively wanted to listen to the A12t more than I did the traillii

I suppose it’s a similar case to the Erl back when I owned it last year - an IEM who’s value I can see and appreciate, but can’t really connect to myself

Aug 14, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #2,884 of 3,671
@mvvRAZ, trying to find the post where you part ways with the FuSang + others. I've completely missed it. What happened?

Aug 14, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #2,885 of 3,671
@mvvRAZ, trying to find the post where you part ways with the FuSang + others. I've completely missed it. What happened?
Traded the FuSang for the traillii, sold the traillii and now I’m back to the A12t/A18S combo awaiting new and spicy releases :)

Aug 14, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #2,886 of 3,671
Traded the FuSang for the traillii, sold the traillii and now I’m back to the A12t/A18S combo awaiting new and spicy releases :)

Thanks for the synopsis! Look forward to your impressions of all things spicy!

Aug 14, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #2,888 of 3,671
Elysian X and Elysium EXT next!

My eyes are firmly fixed on the Elysium EXT! Hope you enjoy them both. Could be quite complimentary!

Aug 14, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #2,889 of 3,671
I don’t know how to explain it, I prefer a more raw and cold approach to the sound - It is easier for me to connect to the music on a more emotional level when it is presented that way - the A12t for example has similar tuning to the traillii imo, but fits my overall preferences better

Im thinking if it has to do with what you’re doing while listening to music. Are you working/playing games simultaneously for example?

If mids are too forward or rich it kinda makes me lose focus and gives me a headace lol.

VE8 has also been getting less and less use from me due to this.

Aug 14, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #2,890 of 3,671
Im thinking if it has to do with what you’re doing while listening to music. Are you working/playing games simultaneously for example?

If mids are too forward or rich it kinda makes me lose focus and gives me a headace lol.

VE8 has also been getting less and less use from me due to this.
Yeah my listening is almost exclusively while working/walking/eating etc - always while doing something. Overly bright and forward IEMs are no-go because they’re too fatiguing and my listening sessions can be hours and hours long

It’s also to a large extent related to what I listen to, a lot of my music is rather aggressive/depressive, and a very smooth, organic and musical-sounding IEM just cannot transmit that tone and setting adequately

Aug 14, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #2,891 of 3,671
Thanks for the synopsis! Look forward to your impressions of all things spicy!
Has there even been an IEM named Vindaloo?

Aug 14, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #2,892 of 3,671
Has there even been an IEM named Vindaloo?

Not that I'm aware of but that needs to happen. Maybe an EE x @RTodd collaboration. They make the IEM, you sort the Spicy Case.

Aug 14, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #2,895 of 3,671

Users who are viewing this thread

Back