RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Aug 6, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #2,761 of 3,671
I had TG 335 which i remember based on 335DW, can try audition TG335. Unfortunately, I haven't demo 335DWSR and lazy to make custom.
I heard the TG335 was based on the 335DW-SR though.

But either way, I'm excited for the EXT lol

I'm a DD fanboi so let's see how it goes.

Aug 7, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #2,762 of 3,671
From a distant cousin of the guy that dropped a thummim in a lake, I bring to you…

A6448DF7-6FB5-4422-BBCA-B0D66EF22AF7.png

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #2,763 of 3,671
@mvvRAZ What do you make the EXT colourway? I've already had (wet) dreams of pairing EXT with Tyrian.

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #2,764 of 3,671
@mvvRAZ What do you make the EXT colourway? I've already had (wet) dreams of pairing EXT with Tyrian.
The EXT x Tyrian is also his (wet) dream… and mine as well… 🤣

Hoping the Tyrian wasn’t a “region” exclusive tho.

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #2,765 of 3,671
Huge huge fan. I found a way to get a Tyrian I think, and the EXT I’m pretty much buying just to see the two together :D

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #2,766 of 3,671
The EXT x Tyrian is also his (wet) dream… and mine as well… 🤣

Hoping the Tyrian wasn’t a “region” exclusive tho.

Haha, glad I'm not alone then! I think if the tuning is right it could be my end game setup.

Yeah, it's ashame about the region exclusivity...

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #2,767 of 3,671
Huge huge fan. I found a way to get a Tyrian I think, and the EXT I’m pretty much buying just to see the two together :D

Yes! Lovely! I'm tempted to pre-order the EXT, even if things aren't completely final. If you get the Tyrian too I'll just live vicariously through you.

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #2,768 of 3,671
Yes! Lovely! I'm tempted to pre-order the EXT, even if things aren't completely final. If you get the Tyrian too I'll just live vicariously through you.
I’m talking to Amin currently to see if I can get in on the reviewer batch of the EXT, get it a little earlier and post some impressions, photos, reviews and whatnot. While I haven’t been using the elysium much lately, the impressions of the EXT’s bass and rumble have really gotten me excited, and of course DD mids + quad estat treble is always yum

VE did wonders with the twin estat in the Elysium back when everyone was still figuring out estat treble, so I have pretty high expectations for the EXT

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #2,769 of 3,671
I’m talking to Amin currently to see if I can get in on the reviewer batch of the EXT, get it a little earlier and post some impressions, photos, reviews and whatnot. While I haven’t been using the elysium much lately, the impressions of the EXT’s bass and rumble have really gotten me excited, and of course DD mids + quad estat treble is always yum

VE did wonders with the twin estat in the Elysium back when everyone was still figuring out estat treble, so I have pretty high expectations for the EXT

Fingers crossed you get in on that. I'm sure we all appreciate any insight you can provide along the way. I'm currently loving the cheapo $40 GK10 that uses 2DD for bass and mids and BA/piezo for high/ultrahigh.

I never got to hear the Elysium. I know that I love DD mids, it was just the Elysium BA bass that put me off jumping on board. If they tune for a tasteful quantity/quality in the bass that still does the mids justice and with a well implemented EST...well, I'll be set.

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #2,770 of 3,671
Fingers crossed you get in on that. I'm sure we all appreciate any insight you can provide along the way. I'm currently loving the cheapo $40 GK10 that uses 2DD for bass and mids and BA/piezo for high/ultrahigh.

I never got to hear the Elysium. I know that I love DD mids, it was just the Elysium BA bass that put me off jumping on board. If they tune for a tasteful quantity/quality in the bass that still does the mids justice and with a well implemented EST...well, I'll be set.
The Elysium's bass is okay, but it just feels too much like a support role to the midrange. It works out very well for the Elysium, but makes it too focused on the midrange Imo. The UM Mason FuSang does something a little similar, but the bass on it is more satisfying to me personally, as is the treble - they both end up commanding a little more attention and presence, which rounds it off a bit more

I am also waiting on the new Elysian X though, so once I receive that, I am guessing between the A18S / FuSang / RS10 / A12t / X / EXT, I'd end up selling 2 or 3 TOTLs

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #2,771 of 3,671
The Elysium's bass is okay, but it just feels too much like a support role to the midrange. It works out very well for the Elysium, but makes it too focused on the midrange Imo. The UM Mason FuSang does something a little similar, but the bass on it is more satisfying to me personally, as is the treble - they both end up commanding a little more attention and presence, which rounds it off a bit more

I am also waiting on the new Elysian X though, so once I receive that, I am guessing between the A18S / FuSang / RS10 / A12t / X / EXT, I'd end up selling 2 or 3 TOTLs

The idea of bass as a support to the midrange does appeal to me in some ways, but it would greatly limit versatility. I'm hoping they strike a balance with the EXT. A solid subbass thump for a bit of fun and a clean and airy midrange/treble.

I don't envy you having to make tough decisions like that...actually I do...

It will be interesting to see the outcome of that!

Aug 7, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #2,772 of 3,671

Thats what drove me to the VE8 rather then Ely when I was choosing between the two.

EXT has my head turned tho the config is hella juicy.

Aug 10, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #2,773 of 3,671
A piece of rather unbelievable news, should be receiving a Trailli tomorrow following a trade, and impressions should be up by Thursday :O

In the meantime, if there are any interested buyers in the EU that would like to pre-book it, please drop me a PM

Aug 10, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #2,774 of 3,671
A piece of rather unbelievable news, should be receiving a Trailli tomorrow following a trade, and impressions should be up by Thursday :O

In the meantime, if there are any interested buyers in the EU that would like to pre-book it, please drop me a PM
That's why I saw a flying elephant outside my window earlier! Can't wait Mike, should be a goodie. Just be careful not to break the Internet. 😉

Aug 10, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #2,775 of 3,671

This is BIG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back