RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Jul 22, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #3,541 of 3,671
Jul 22, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #3,542 of 3,671
lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Can we at least agree that we all love Bog and Vlad? ❤️

Jul 22, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #3,543 of 3,671
lol, yes, that is universal. :beerchug:
I was just jumping on the preferance bandwagon. DOGPILE!!!

Jul 31, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #3,546 of 3,671
Jomo GT600 new hype train???

I loved it. Was great to hear the 18s finally too, plus the Duo was surprisingly good.
Jomo's prototype with haptic feedback was unusual too, enjoyed that for what it was. Those, plus the VE8 and the new Raal were the main standouts for me (but I'm not counting stuff I've already heard/own, so bear that in mind).
But yeah - GT600 was a standout. I know plenty who agree - @skedra / @GoldenOne / @snapandslide were fans of the people I spoke to, as was @Skullar

Jul 31, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #3,547 of 3,671
Yes that was me. The GT600 just didn’t work for me. The one thing I did like about it was the vocals. Vocals sounded lovely, but that was it. I made short notes, more thoughts and feelings really, about each IEM I listened to so that I could recall what I thought of everything afterwards. Here is what I wrote for this one:

Jomo Gran Tourer 600
Nice shells and good fit. First impressions are beautiful vocals. Something about the whole presentation though seems a bit off for my preferences. Difficult for me to explain, it’s as though you take a good sound and put it behind a thin wall or veil. Vocals still nice though on both female and male. Bass is there but it seems as though it is pushed back and mids and highs pulled forward. Sub bass has a rumble but not hugely deep. Not sure about it. Why bass behind? Turbo doesn’t change anything and gain settings do nothing. Pity as vocals great.

Aug 1, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #3,548 of 3,671
Yes that was me. The GT600 just didn’t work for me. The one thing I did like about it was the vocals. Vocals sounded lovely, but that was it. I made short notes, more thoughts and feelings really, about each IEM I listened to so that I could recall what I thought of everything afterwards. Here is what I wrote for this one:

Jomo Gran Tourer 600
Nice shells and good fit. First impressions are beautiful vocals. Something about the whole presentation though seems a bit off for my preferences. Difficult for me to explain, it’s as though you take a good sound and put it behind a thin wall or veil. Vocals still nice though on both female and male. Bass is there but it seems as though it is pushed back and mids and highs pulled forward. Sub bass has a rumble but not hugely deep. Not sure about it. Why bass behind? Turbo doesn’t change anything and gain settings do nothing. Pity as vocals great.
Sounds like a mid-centric IEM with bass playing a supporting role behind mids and treble.

Aug 1, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #3,549 of 3,671

Jomo Gran Tourer 600

Good to finally meet you mate!

On first listen the GT600 really stood out as a great IEM, I then went away and tried it again later on Sunday and it seemed as if something was 'off' in the presentation. heard it as W shaped on first listen and more mid bass than say the Elysian X for sure, but I think you may have captured some of the problems in that presentation.

Need more time with the iem I think!

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #3,550 of 3,671

Jomo Gran Tourer 600
I got that feeling about the bass with the wrong tips, one tip swap and it was nearly perfect, punchy, fast, present.

And fully agree with @doctorjuggles, those were the highlight of the show in terms of IEMs, really special.

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #3,551 of 3,671
I got that feeling about the bass with the wrong tips, one tip swap and it was nearly perfect, punchy, fast, present.

And fully agree with @doctorjuggles, those were the highlight of the show in terms of IEMs, really special.
The double flanged tips jomo supplied were the best combo. Crystals were crap.

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #3,554 of 3,671
Ha there you go! I suspect CIEM would be the only answer...... :p
Nah, I liked it with azla tips, can't remember their name off the top of my head. (it wasn't clear or xelastec), also, it seemed relatively tip picky, so it could be a good tip rolling platform haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back