Razer Electra.
Dec 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 123

PlatinumWolfy

100+ Head-Fier
Ok so I wanted to know about long period of wearing.... and ears.

1. Wearing for them for a long time period. Do they get uncomfortable or hot?
2. Ears. How compatible are they with certain ears. Like... I don't know, do they fit with all ear shape + sizes? Because it looks thing, it doesn't look round

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 123
Quote:
Ok so I wanted to know about long period of wearing.... and ears.
1. Wearing for them for a long time period. Do they get uncomfortable or hot?
2. Ears. How compatible are they with certain ears. Like... I don't know, do they fit with all ear shape + sizes? Because it looks thing, it doesn't look round

If you're planning to buy these, you can get much better for price FYI.

they look like they will fit you good enough if you have a normal sized head

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 123
Adding on what Supertoaster asked, what are you running headphones from, onboard audio chip/internal soundcard/external DAC/PMP? Do you have an amp? If you do gaming, do you do competitive, immersive and/or casual gaming? About music, which genres do you listen to?

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 123
Quote:
Well music, competitive. Isolation is important.
I have no amp.
and nobody answered my 2 questions...

Yes I did.

"they look like they will fit you good enough if you have a normal sized head".  Adding on though, they are closed so they will probably make your ears hot after awhile but this is the case with all closed phones, the pads look plush.

Here are my recommendation.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHL5905GY-28-CitiScape-Headphones/dp/B006Z1J2JI
OR
http://www.jaycar.us/productResults.asp?keywords=AA2065&keyform=KEYWORD&SUBMIT.x=16&SUBMIT.y=10

I'll post again if I can find more :)

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #8 of 123
Quote:
Yes I did.

"they look like they will fit you good enough if you have a normal sized head". Adding on though, they are closed so they will probably make your ears hot after awhile but this is the case with all closed phones, the pads look plush.

Seems he/she is set in the electra so this answers the question, but I agree with more information from the OP that we could suggest much better options then overpriced Razer products. 

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #9 of 123
Wait so you're saying a 50-60 odd £ is even to a ******* $149.99 headphones? What the hell.
With your 2nd link it doesn't say the specific name of the headphones either

There are some over priced razer stuff, but I think the electra looks reasonable

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #10 of 123
Recommending Such headsets on head-fi is a heresy 

(im leaving a link in case you change your mind)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-11-12-12-sennheiser-hd650-added

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #11 of 123
much better options then overpriced Razer products. 

I am a proud owner of a razer mouse and keyboard! I would have paid 30 maybe 40 dollars more for them.... Ok enough fanboying.

Their audio products ARE overpriced, not to mention they suck. (they are better than skullcandys IMHO)

Edit: to OP, invest in some more expensive options, and put a bit of research and thought into buying headphones, believe me it's worth it!

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #12 of 123
Quote:
Wait so you're saying a 50-60 odd £ is even to a ******* $149.99 headphones? What the hell.
With your 2nd link it doesn't say the specific name of the headphones either
There are some over priced razer stuff, but I think the electra looks reasonable

the uptowns price is usually $80, sometimes the white one is way more expensive for no reason. I live in the US and they are from Amazon.

the Electra isn't a bad headphone but you can get much better sound for your dollar.

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #13 of 123
Electra are the only headphone which really suits the specs I need, you guys are saying "You can get better" But you're naming stupidly expensive ones, not everyone likes to throw out a bunch of money more than you expect.

If you want to suggest then suggest.

I need:
Isolation. Hell important
Sound leak needs to be at the minimum as possible.. Pretty important
Deep ear cups so maybe I can fit some earphones under it at times. Important
Sustainability. Important
Quality of sound. Averagely important. 5.1 headphones may be the way but idk
Mic as well if possible or not it doesn't really matter that much
Used for gaming + music... I am looking towards 5.1 headphones..

Roccat kave if anyone has a review on it, are those good?

Mine is breaking fast, and I need to make a decision quickly. As I'm going to order one soon if so

That should be my specs I need.

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #14 of 123
Well, good isolation, comfortable, mic that works with both smartphones and PC, sleek design, decent sound, readily available anywhere. I don't think you can get much better for 50 bucks. The elitism around here sometimes makes me lol. Besides the issue of mics failing with many Carcharias, I have not heard many bad things about Razer audio stuff in general. I'd still take a Razer/Steelseries headset over the Turtle Beach or Astro garbage any day. At least Razer's design team is doing their job, while that of TB and Astro clearly isn't.

So OP, if you do a lot of gaming and not much music the Electra would be fine. Or the Corsair 1500. Or the SS Siberia v2, all decent for the price. However if you do more music and don't need a mic that badly then definitely do more research. Still I don't think for 50-60 you can get anything that vastly outperforms the Electra anyway.

And whatever you do stay away from 5.1 or 7.1. Since you say you want to fit earphones under the headphone I'm assuming you do LAN events as well...For that 2 channels are all you need. 5.1 runs on drivers which can screw up at times, not to mention they're fake and sound terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back