Ray LaMontagne - Till The Sun Turns Black
Sep 1, 2006 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ingo

Headphoneus Supremus
Just bought this album at Best Buy yesterday. I haven't quite made it all the way through the record yet, but so far, I think it's an excellent follow-up to his first album 'Trouble'.

Check this one out for sure if you're into this kind of music. If you're an Amos Lee fan and haven't heard of Ray LaMontagne his music draws the same kind of crowd.

Sep 5, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 9
Oh, come on, I think you guys would love this.

Sep 5, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 9
I recently picked up Trouble and was very impressed. I'l definitely be picking this up.

Sep 8, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 9
Been listening to Trouble for the past few months and love it. Melissa bought the new disc last week and she hasn't let go of it yet for me to bring into the house and burn so I've only gotten limited listening time in her car and what I've heard so far sounded good but not enough to form a true opinion yet.

Sep 8, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Perez
Been listening to Trouble for the past few months and love it. Melissa bought the new disc last week and she hasn't let go of it yet for me to bring into the house and burn so I've only gotten limited listening time in her car and what I've heard so far sounded good but not enough to form a true opinion yet.

Do either of you know of Amos Lee? If you don't, pick up his CD. Amos has a smoother voice and more of a Soul sound.

Sep 8, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 9
I've listened to the new LaMontagne and it's good. Not only that, it's...mellow. A lot of downtempo stuff. I would've preferred more uptempo stuff (like the album's "Three More Days") but I'm just nitpicking.

Amos Lee's "Arms Of A Woman" is a favorite of mine. His album is good as well. If I'm not mistaken, his new one should be dropping soon.

Sep 8, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #7 of 9
I came here looking to start up a Ray La thread...but I see you've taken care of that
smily_headphones1.gif

His music is a pleasure with nice cans.

Sep 8, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangs55
I came here looking to start up a Ray La thread...but I see you've taken care of that
smily_headphones1.gif

His music is a pleasure with nice cans.

I agree
smily_headphones1.gif
*edit* With my Grados.

Sep 9, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo
Do either of you know of Amos Lee? If you don't, pick up his CD. Amos has a smoother voice and more of a Soul sound.

Man I got nothing but love for Amos Lee. I got his self titled disc after seeing one of those Customers who bought this also bought this other thing links on Amazon and was definitely a good find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back