Rate the video games you're currently playing
Apr 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #3,421 of 6,926
I doubt they put it there on accident, that would be quite an oversight.

PhysX can be ran on a CPU, but not on an AMD GPU. Infinite probably isn't listed because it only uses the CPU for it. Which is a lot worse than the GPU version given you have a decent graphics card....

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #3,422 of 6,926
Quote:
Now System Shock 2 definitely brings back memories, I remember playing that game back in 99 on a full blown Pentium 3 Tualatin rig along with Quake 3. Good memories, game was pretty scary for it's time.

still is, much scarier than most new "horror" games. just something about all the exposed flesh and wires; with the creepy voices and screaming. Everything has this rotten and grimey element to it.

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #3,423 of 6,926
Quote:
still is, much scarier than most new "horror" games. just something about all the exposed flesh and wires; with the creepy voices and screaming. Everything has this rotten and grimey element to it.

Haha yeah, those weird noises definitely rings a bell walking around in the spaceship. Now I want to replay Silent Hill 1 and see if I have the balls of steel to complete the game. haha

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #3,424 of 6,926
Quote:
Haha yeah, those weird noises definitely rings a bell walking around in the spaceship. Now I want to replay Silent Hill 1 and see if I have the balls of steel to complete the game. haha

once again, still scarier than most new games having played it last month again.

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #3,425 of 6,926
Bayonetta on hardmode....because I love to be punished. Nothing makes you want to slit your wrist more than scoring platinum with no damage....then being hit by a single TINY enemy and being knocked down to silver...then die because he hits nearly all of your HP. And mixing in super hard bosses with regular mobs now....

pretty much MFW this entire game on hardmode.

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #3,426 of 6,926
I just played Bioshock Infinite (PS3 version) in one sitting.  Just such an amazing game!  Currently, I'm playing a new character on Skyrim (PC/Steam with an SSD drive).

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #3,427 of 6,926
Quote:
I just played Bioshock Infinite (PS3 version) in one sitting.  Just such an amazing game!  Currently, I'm playing a new character on Skyrim (PC/Steam with an SSD drive).

I haven't touched my Xbox or PS3 for ages, months in fact. I spend 99% of my time on my PC, plus the graphics are 10x better. 
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #3,429 of 6,926
Quote:
Bayonetta on hardmode....because I love to be punished. Nothing makes you want to slit your wrist more than scoring platinum with no damage....then being hit by a single TINY enemy and being knocked down to silver...then die because he hits nearly all of your HP. And mixing in super hard bosses with regular mobs now....

pretty much MFW this entire game on hardmode.

Bayonetta was an amazing game, best in its class since the reboot of Ninja Gaiden. I don't think I would want to play it on hard mode though... normal was had enough for me.

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #3,430 of 6,926
Quote:
Bayonetta was an amazing game, best in its class since the reboot of Ninja Gaiden. I don't think I would want to play it on hard mode though... normal was had enough for me.

yeah, I'm 7 hours in on hardmode....and still on chapter 2.

Apr 6, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #3,432 of 6,926
So I beat Bioshock infinite last night at a friends house.

I did enjoy the game a lot. But I stick with what I said about the story. It just tried way way to hard to make its self deep. Rather than just let it be at the "we are using quantum physics to do X" they try to over explain it and make it seem much deeper than it actually is; also saw the "twist" coming about 3 hours in. I feel 2k or who ever was developing this one just needed to lay off the "OUR STORY'S SMART!!! LOOK AT ALL THESE CONCEPTS OF TIME AND THINGS!" and just stick to "yeah, we know you can understand alternate dimensions and time travel; so we hopefully know that us trying to make it seem smart and dress it up is going to go over like a lead balloon"

just my two bits.

But like I Said; I did really enjoy it; great game play and I didn't hate the two gun system as much as I thought I would.

7/10

A good shooter, but the glaring self-important attitude of the story just irked me to much to ignore.

Apr 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #3,434 of 6,926
Bayonetta on hard is doable, although there's a particular fight in which you're unable to use witch-time and also have to evade cars. It's horrendous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back