Rate the video games you're currently playing
May 20, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #1,636 of 6,926
Witcher 2 - my initial impressions so far are relatively favourable. Visuals in particular are some of the best I've seen in a rpg genre. After putting 40 hours into AC Brotherhood, 200 hours into Crysis 2 up until now and suddenly switching to W2 wowed me. What a pretty game. Combat...ehh not the best. Feels a little clunky and getting interrupted easily in the midst of spell-casting and other miscellaneous activities feel more of a drag than a mere tactical penalty. I've died numerous times trying to cast one bloody spell and it  is getting annoying. Combat wise ACB is far superior. Will expound on this musing once I dabble deeper. So far not bad.

May 24, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #1,643 of 6,926
Played Dirt 3 for a couple hours now. Mechanically and graphically it's a very nice game although I'm not sure how much improved it is over Dirt 2. The "bro-ness" is still here and it's even worse as you have multiple characters talking to you consecutively. So far I haven't noticed anyone talking during a race other than my navigator which is nice though. And I think you can mute the voices via the audio menu but I haven't tried that yet. The other downside to the game is that the gymkhana style of competition is pretty much forced down your throat in the pro tour mode. Maybe you can skip it and go to the next group but each set of races has one and then the final set is a set of 6 tutorials all for gymkhana.

Anyway if you enjoyed Dirt 2 you will definitely want to pick up this game as it really follows in its predecessor's tracks gameplay-wise.

May 24, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #1,644 of 6,926

Quote:
Played Dirt 3 for a couple hours now. Mechanically and graphically it's a very nice game although I'm not sure how much improved it is over Dirt 2. The "bro-ness" is still here and it's even worse as you have multiple characters talking to you consecutively. So far I haven't noticed anyone talking during a race other than my navigator which is nice though. And I think you can mute the voices via the audio menu but I haven't tried that yet. The other downside to the game is that the gymkhana style of competition is pretty much forced down your throat in the pro tour mode. Maybe you can skip it and go to the next group but each set of races has one and then the final set is a set of 6 tutorials all for gymkhana.

Anyway if you enjoyed Dirt 2 you will definitely want to pick up this game as it really follows in its predecessor's tracks gameplay-wise.

Does Dirt 3 have more rally racing in it?  That was the only thing I really liked...and it was practically non-existant in Dirt 2.

May 24, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #1,647 of 6,926
Really want to get Dirt 3. I'll probably do the same thing I did with Dirt 2...mute all the sound and crank up some liquid DnB. Time trials is what I like the most in the series. Really fun to just zone into the music and take those corners harder and harder.

May 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #1,648 of 6,926
Hm, I wonder if I should get it for console or PC.  If I want it for PC I'm probably gonna have to get a better PC controller than my PS3 controller...it's a real pain in the ass to set up.  Maybe I'll get one of those wireless 360 controller addon things.

May 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #1,649 of 6,926
I wasn't aware it was on PC. I have a driving wheel for the PS3 so for me that's an easy choice. On the PS3 though the max res is 720p so if your computer is pretty good it would make more sense to get it for the PC.

May 24, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #1,650 of 6,926

Quote:
I wasn't aware it was on PC. I have a driving wheel for the PS3 so for me that's an easy choice. On the PS3 though the max res is 720p so if your computer is pretty good it would make more sense to get it for the PC.

Hm.  I wanted a driving wheel for both my PS3 and my PC.  Haven't gotten around to it yet though, the nice ones are pretty expensive. :p

My PC is decent though, but probably can't play it well at full resolution and specced up all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back