Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #1,051 of 6,924
     Quote:
I can't stop playing Modern Warfare 2. I am a bullet sponge, but it has me. 

Just Cause 2 5/10 - controls kind of suck. Remember that open world 3rd person shooter set in North Korea many years ago. Original xbox maybe? Like that.

Sort of the same relationship with BF:BC2 on the PC. It's a buggy crash riddled mess (audio loop, freeze, then CTD for me) that EA/Dice either won't/can't fix and my K/D ratio is rather low, but a blast when it's working.

And yeah, Just Cause 2 was pretty disappointing. It has the trappings of a fun sandbox game, but the controls are terrible.

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #1,052 of 6,924
confused_face_2.gif
strange.. because I never had a problem with BC2 for pc. Maybe it's your video card?

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #1,053 of 6,924
     Quote:
confused_face_2.gif
strange.. because I never had a problem with BC2 for pc. Maybe it's your video card?

It's apparently a fairly common problem that goes away when I disable sound, but not much point in playing it in that case. It was working well enough during the beta and initial release that I was able to log ~ 24 hours in MP and finish a chunk of the campaign, but pretty much been a no go for me since the first patch. I eventually stopped caring and ended up moving onto the SC2 Beta. Too bad though since BF:BC2 was one of the few games that justified my Eyefinity rig.

Either way, pretty sure it wasn't a hardware issue since everything else runs fine including Crysis. Memory checks out under MemTest, CPU is stable @ ~ 60 C after 24 hours of Prime95, and GPU will barely break 40 C after 8 hours of FurMark.

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #1,054 of 6,924
Can't stop playing TIMESPLITTERS 2 on the Ps2

It seems to be the ONLY good game on the sony 2/3 that has offline muliplayer with BOTS.  It is a great 4 player splitscreen! 

On the ps2 I play Okami which is a role player with a wolf/dog which is similar to Zelda in some ways. 

On the ps3 I am into Resistance 2 -2player mode.  Nice graphics and guns and the aliens are very cool.... I like the story too. 

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #1,055 of 6,924
Modern Warfare 2  6.5 / 10 - This game is extremely overrated  

The Orange Box  10 / 10 - This game is extremely underrated

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 10 / 10 - And this game is just amazing

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #1,056 of 6,924
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time [PC] (6/10)

I do not understand how people get excited about PoP games, the game play is extremely repetitive, not consistently difficult and the voice acting just plain stinks! Sure, the storyline is slightly gripping and the graphics are about as good as a small-world game gets, but just not my cup of tea!

Crossfire [PC] (9/10)

Seriously underrated! After putting in many hours, my experience with this free-to-play game was mostly of good fun! The gameplay is as good as any FPS' and will sharpen up any players pwn'ing skills. As it is mainly a free game, it doesn't have the funding nor expertise to keep all the hackers at bay, this is my only major gripe. For fun, free, fragging, i seriously recommend Crossfire to any die-hard FPS fan. It had me addicted!

Tom.

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #1,057 of 6,924
Red Dead Redemption 9/10. If it was more challenging no doubt 10/10

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #1,058 of 6,924

Quote:
Limbo: 9/10

I'm a sucker for relatively simple platformers and the art style.  15 bucks bought me the most rewarding game I've played to date.  I played through it twice last night.

I just got done unlocking all the easter egg dealies and wondering what other sidescroller games you'd recommend. Limbo is awesome! I'll give it 10/10

Jul 23, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #1,059 of 6,924
Alien Swarm: 7.5/10. Fun little game, free to play, what can you say? Tried it for the unlockable hat for Team Fortress 2 but I think I'll enjoy this game for at least a few more hours. Gameplay seriously depends on the skill of your partners (it's a 4 player co-op game with friendly fire), but can be great if you have a decent team. Like Planar_head said above, with 3 friends with microphones this could be amazing. Official campaign is very short though (7 maps that each take a few minutes).

Jul 23, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #1,060 of 6,924

Quote:
I just got done unlocking all the easter egg dealies and wondering what other sidescroller games you'd recommend. Limbo is awesome! I'll give it 10/10

'Splosion Man
It's on the complete opposite side of the spectrum when it comes to atmosphere and emotion.  The main character will just sometimes blurt out random phrases like "get to the choppa!" or "roast beef sammiches", but I play it for the intense platforming that, at times, makes me want to throw my controller at the tv.  50 levels in single player and I've played only about half of the 2 player co op.  There's no faster way to end a friendship than playing this game's co op.

Jul 24, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #1,061 of 6,924

Quote:
I can't stop playing Modern Warfare 2. I am a bullet sponge, but it has me. 

Just Cause 2 5/10 - controls kind of suck. Remember that open world 3rd person shooter set in North Korea many years ago. Original xbox maybe? Like that.

I played the demo with a friend and we found the controls just fine. Very easy to pick up and play... and then grapple stuff. We spent that entire demo just grappling stuff and tethering people to moving cars, our cars, trees, compressed air tanks that we would then shoot off into the air that would carry the tethered person upward-- I don't even know if there was a storyline, but that game should have been called "Just Grapple"

Quote:
Can't stop playing TIMESPLITTERS 2 on the Ps2

It seems to be the ONLY good game on the sony 2/3 that has offline muliplayer with BOTS.  It is a great 4 player splitscreen! 

On the ps2 I play Okami which is a role player with a wolf/dog which is similar to Zelda in some ways. 

On the ps3 I am into Resistance 2 -2player mode.  Nice graphics and guns and the aliens are very cool.... I like the story too. 

Timesplitters 1 and 2 were amazing games. The last first person shooter that hooked me in console form!

Jul 24, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #1,062 of 6,924
Crysis Wars - 9.5/10. Haven't had this much fps fun since Q3A. Been playin' since Crysis in 2007 and it never gets old. Doubt I would be playin' this long if it didn't have circle jumps. -1/2 for still not ironin' out the bugs which they do not seem to care due to the small population of players or the age.

Jul 26, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #1,063 of 6,924
World of Warcraft: 10/10 - Well, I'm addicted to that crap - what else can I say?

Plants vs. Zombies: 7.5/10 - Great time killer that keeps me from doing the important stuff

StarCraft: 5/10 - I thought that I should have played the old one before tomorrows release of SC2, but the more I play it, the more I realize what a real-time-strategy newbie I am, and wonder if I should have bought SC2 at all

Jul 26, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #1,064 of 6,924
Modern Warfare 2 (Single Player) 7.5/10 The story isn't very cohesive. The action is intense but seemed too short all in all.

Modern Warfare 2 (Multiplayer) 7/10  It's really a fun game when it's not filled with lag, aimbots, wallhacks, and spammers.  It has one of these issues every other game, it's a shame. I really love this game which is why I keep coming back to it.

Crysis 9/10  Incredible graphics, decent story, seemed a little short but great overall. Can't wait for Crysis 2.

Half Life 2 10/10    As close to perfection as any game I've ever played. Graphics are still great though it is a bit dated. Great story, physics, action, etc. If you haven't played it I highly recommend you do so.

Jul 26, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #1,065 of 6,924
Singularity (7/10)
Great sci-fi shooter. Love the cold war story.

Final Fantasy XIII (9/10)
I'm a final fantasy fanboy.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (10/10)
Lives up to the hype, hooked on the game atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back