Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 3, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #1,036 of 6,926

Quote:
oo cool never saw this thread.
Been playing these since school ended. Some I stopped, some I still play.

Napoleon Total War - 8.5/10
Loving the actual battles. Campaign, not so much. Very confusing and hard to get into. Battling is exciting though. Great graphics and gameplay. No idea how campaign works however.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - 8/10
Looks great. Game has very slow feel to it however. Buttons are not as responsive. Shooting is not as responsive. Movement is not as responsive. It is weighed down by too much to do. Plus, it kept crashing or I kept dying.

Split Second Velocity - 6/10
All you do is drift. That's the whole point of the game. Drift, then click a button and try to destroy your opponent. Very boring. Gave up after 15 minutes.

In Supreme Commander 2, I could not get out of the tutorial. Very slow, very boring. Too difficult to get into. Can't rate it since I didn't play it enough, but it shows something.

Counter Strike - 9.5/10
Everything is simple and responsive. Loving it. Always loved it. Graphics out of date though.

Sims 3 - 9/10
Crashes every once in a while, but still good. Everything feels more refined. Especially the Sims 3 Store and the expansions. Sometimes it gets slow and repetitive.

FallOut 3 was the same for me. It just felt so wrong. And I play all sorts of games.

Currently enjoying StarCraft 2. Waiting for the Beta or release before I can properly judge though. Beta is down currently. Sanakaku, you should really try it. I hate all C&C with a vengeance.

Obviously a skill gamer. I can dig it man. I'm more of a story gamer, so Fallout 3 is my cup of tea!

Jul 3, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #1,038 of 6,926

Quote:
The Beta ended in June; it's down indefinitely. But the game comes out at the end of the month anyway.

I will wait for its official release i played it already im one of those fan of blizzard that thinks "why dont they just drop warcraft and release diablo and starcraft the same time right" but its all good as long its on the way, right now im hooked on Disciples III its good but kinda hard

Well i mostly i go for strategy games totalwar etc etc sometimes with story and lot of customization bethesda/bioware and when i become bored i play crysis/fear/ neverending killing spree, it really depends on the mood

Jul 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #1,039 of 6,926

Quote:
I will wait for its official release i played it already im one of those fan of blizzard that thinks "why dont they just drop warcraft and release diablo and starcraft the same time right" but its all good as long its on the way, right now im hooked on Disciples III its good but kinda hard

Well i mostly i go for strategy games totalwar etc etc sometimes with story and lot of customization bethesda/bioware and when i become bored i play crysis/fear/ neverending killing spree, it really depends on the mood

Same thing for me. I love strategy games and stuff that involves usually more than just like, click click click. Function as a team, stuff like that. Mass Effect 2 was brilliant. Same as Dragon Age: Origins and Alpha Protocol. The only problem with those kinds of games is that eventually you find out a killer combination and use it over and over again until the game becomes boring, and when you have 50+ hours on a game, that happens very often.

I loved the story element of Crysis, but overall it felt really weak. I played it all for the story though. Also got nausues? inside the spaceship. Drifting around was painful.

Quote:
The Beta ended in June; it's down indefinitely. But the game comes out at the end of the month anyway.

The second phase of beta is due to come out. Blizz stated that they want two weeks of beta again to retest everything and set up for release.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - 8.4/10
Very solid game, very solid gameplay. The realism was nice, with the bullets never going where you shoot. Troublesome, but your enemies never shot you either. Only bad thing was the long distances. They wanted me to run 2.1km to the next destination. Graphics made it somewhat worth it. But a good 15 minutes wasted walking for that mission. People all died the same way after watching a while.

Jul 4, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #1,040 of 6,926
Blizzard won't drop Warcraft because it's such a huge cash cow.  Activision's CEO, Bob Kotick, is basically the devil, destroyer of all that is good in video games.  This compounds with the fact that Blizzard takes forever to release games.  I love their products; I've been around since Warcraft I.  This has made me learn not to hold my breath for new games.  Just go on and do other stuff, they'll eventually come out.

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #1,041 of 6,926
Singularity. The ideas they put forth are neat but nothing revolutionary. In fact they are reminiscent of Bioshock let alone the deja vu ending. Graphics are below par, the firearms sound weak. Animations are mediocre & voice acting meh...wasn't atrocious but wasn't that good of a game either. 6.5/10.

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #1,042 of 6,926
Peggle & Peggle Nights: 8/10, very addictive
Team Fortress 2: 8/10, not perfect but extremely fun to play
Fallout 3 (GotY edition): 9.5/10, excellent, bordering on perfection

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #1,043 of 6,926
Mass Effect 2: 9.5/10. Some glitches, movement not perfect, some annoying model/texture recycling. Nitpicks, but I hope the next one will be better tested.

Alien Swarm: 8/10. Simplicity at its finest. Teamwork is useful at any difficulty higher than Easy. Biggest challenge so far is coordination. I haven't played with any pals yet but I'm willing to bet that playing with skilled friends would be optimal. I hate that there's upgrades; gives people who play more an edge in maps that favor upgrades.

I think it's better than L4D2. More tactical. Interesting weapons.

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #1,045 of 6,926
Yeah, Assassin's Creed is a wonderful game from start to finish. Played AC:2 a little when it came out in a friend's house and absolutely loved it, never got around to beating/playing it at home tho.

Some current games i play atm

BF:BC2,  Battlefield 2, Counter-Strike : Any Clarification needed?

WC3: Frozen Throne: 10/10. OOD graphics, but still epic. Only play it because of Dota.

NBA2k10: 8/10 Ye, ye, some-what of a basketball fanatic here ^_^  I absolutely love the multiplayer on this game. It does have its problems here and there, and some annoyances that you are forced to play at a low fps if your opponent has a crappy computer, but other than that extremely extremely fun once you get a handle on things.

I agree with with Planar_Head on ME2, has a bit of disappointing plot, some flaws in mini-games, some annoyances with credits/load times, but the game is fantastic, I really hope they improve on the third one.

That's pretty much all that interested me in 2010, Prolly going to try Red Dead Redemption, Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and Splinter Cell Conviction sometime in the near future. Sucks that Alan Wake wasn't for the pc, I really wanted to play that game
frown.gif

I think I might pass on SC2(never really got into the whole starcraft scene) + i rather not be fired from my job if this game somehow does get me addicted.

Eagerly eagerly eagerly waiting for Arkham Asylum 2
biggrin.gif
. God i loved the first one so much. 

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #1,046 of 6,926
DeathSpank (PSN / XBL) - 8.5/10 - A very humorous take on the action/RPG scene. Usually hilarious slapstick and deadpan comedy throughout most monologues and dialogues. Whimsical characters, monsters, weapons and item descriptions. It's one of those games that for some reason, after you've played it for about an hour, it's really hard to put down the controller. It has that fast paced action RPG way about it where you're constantly having new stuff being thrown at you and new quests with enough comedic relief that it just pulls you in. Great game, it's cheap ($15) and offers hours of comedic action RPG greatness.

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #1,047 of 6,926
Limbo: 9/10

I'm a sucker for relatively simple platformers and the art style.  15 bucks bought me the most rewarding game I've played to date.  I played through it twice last night.

Jul 23, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #1,050 of 6,926
I can't stop playing Modern Warfare 2. I am a bullet sponge, but it has me. 

Just Cause 2 5/10 - controls kind of suck. Remember that open world 3rd person shooter set in North Korea many years ago. Original xbox maybe? Like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back