Rate the video games you're currently playing
Mar 2, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #946 of 6,926
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The online Steam-esque anti-piracy methods are going to become more the norm than the exception before long. So, yes, it does have an effect when done in this method. I could be wrong but I don't recall any piracy problems with a Steam-enabled game. At least no severe ones.

(okay, I lied. this is the last one
atsmile.gif
)

I think Steam is the last thing one should ever use to defend DRM in games. What an absolutely horrible piece of software. It's been around how many years, and they still can't get it to work right all the time?

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #947 of 6,926
Endless Ocean 2.

Presentation above water leave a lot to desire. Main story is nothing special but it doesn´t matter it get the job done. I also find it doesn´t quite have the perfect spacing of the original. Also the some of the added fps elements and such feel a bit misplaced.

On the other hand Endless Ocean shocked me because it was so new and fresh. Harder to surprise you the second time around when you been there, done that.

Still it´s a 10/10... There is so much to find. Addicting like rpgs I will just and just and just. Much of the added game elements can be totally discarded. You don´t have to shoot the pulsar gun to heal fishes or such and there isn´t that many sharks, crocodiles etc that constantly attack you. To have some form of danger is actually nice at times even though it´s all about relaxing and exploring listening to soft tracks.

Good choice of music though you can´t select your own mp3s anymore. Still all dialogue is in text so you can just keep your home setup playing your favourite classical music or something while diving. Original is even better perhaps because there you have no sharks or such that can attack you. there is no demand of sharp reflexes so you can really focus a lot on your music while enjoying great dynamic screen savers
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #948 of 6,926
Quote:

What do you think of the DLC available? Seems everytime I fire up my 360 dashboard, there's new Borderlands DLC to download.

I've already got what some call 30 hours available to me now. If I'm moved to play through it a second time I'll buy the DLC... but 80$ to play the current state of the game is madness. I'll play through it vanilla and add the dlc if I wanna do the game++, which is likely due to the weapon generation system.

Mar 4, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #949 of 6,926
Quote:

It's called piracy. DRM and its ilk might suck, but then having people steal your work sucks too.

My comments on this. DRM does not protect piracy. It can actually make it worse! Amongst PC gamers with strong sense of pride (like me) DRMs like this is a bloody insult. Piraters who pirate games will continue do so, and actually get superior and more hassle-free product than legal buyers!

PC games DO NOT NEED DRM OTHER THAN CD CHECK! If the game is good in the eyes of general gaming public, it WILL sell. Good example of this is Elder Scrolls - Oblivion. It has practically no copy protection, and it is one of the most sold games ever. Mass Effect 2, again very weak and easily worked around copy protection, and sells like mad in this very moment on both consoles and PC. Dragon Age is not too far behind either. And list goes on.

Im not naive, I do know that piracy has harmed PC gaming, but not to the extent gaming companies think.'

I think Ubisoft is just trying to stop making PC games and uses this Draconian DRM of theirs as an excuse. I see no other reasoning, cuz if they really think this DRM helps them in any way, they are worse idiots than I can ever imagine.

Mar 4, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #950 of 6,926
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im not naive, I do know that piracy has harmed PC gaming, but not to the extent gaming companies think.

Could say the same thing about the music industry rather than the pc gaming industry. I am about to spend $1000 on building a new mid-high end pc, so I'm not ready to abandon pc gaming yet (though I do play my current game of the moment, Modern Warfare 2, on Xbox 360 but only because all of my co-workers do. I would prefer a mouse. I still dominate
smile.gif
).

Mar 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #951 of 6,926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've already got what some call 30 hours available to me now. If I'm moved to play through it a second time I'll buy the DLC... but 80$ to play the current state of the game is madness. I'll play through it vanilla and add the dlc if I wanna do the game++, which is likely due to the weapon generation system.

The people I know who play that game are full-blown addicted to it. It looks like fun.

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #952 of 6,926
Heavy Rain - 9/10. The only downside of this game is, replay value is very low due to it is basically an interactive movie. And even playing again to get the different endings are "tedious."

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #954 of 6,926
I played straight through Heavy Rain and I was blown away by the entire thing. Barring some occassionally awful voice acting and the clunky movement, it was a very stunning, if extremely guided, experience. One thing that bothered me is how awful the kissing was though, seriously.

Worth the entry fee though? I'm not so sure. I don't regret it though.

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #955 of 6,926
Forgot to mention it here, but I recently completed Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES. Very different from a typical JRPG, being a hybrid between a dating sim and a dungeon crawler, but it works very well and helps keep either from getting monotonous. Although most of the challenge comes from being unable to control your teammates (who are hopelessly stupid in battle) and Atlus' penchant for ridiculously unfair boss fights, it's still an incredibly fun experience. I'm currently looking for a cheap copy of SMT: Nocturne to try something more difficult.

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #956 of 6,926
now my i7 920 machine is fully set up ive been playing

crysis warhead/crysis, 9/10
- i dont really like this sort of game, but tese games really are just so fun, only reason for a 9 is they are too short

Red alert 3 -3/10

i loved red alert, red alert 2, tiberian sun, generals, and CandC3 tiberium wars, probably wont pic up c and c 4 cause of how bad 3 is
graphics are a step backwards units arent as fun, EA have wrecked this series imo

AVP 2010

only just started playing this new dx11 game, so wont rate yet

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #957 of 6,926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgot to mention it here, but I recently completed Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES.

I keep meaning to pick this up, I really enjoyed Persona 4 and 3 is supposed to have a stronger story, if less strong characters.

Mar 6, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #960 of 6,926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is COD MW 2 worth getting on the PC? ive heard some negative remarks? [ive ever played a COD game before]

I hear it's fun, but being a primarily multi-player game it lacks a critical component: dedicated servers. Plus the owning company is in turmoil right now. Expect bugs to stay bugs longer nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back