Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 11, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #721 of 6,926
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally just played Assassin's Creed. Wow, what a fantastic game. I expected no less from Ubisoft, who in my opinion does a phenomenal job on all of their games. Great storyline, very above-average visuals and sounds, and very distinctive (although still rather close to Prince of Persia, but that's also made by them). I'll give it an 8/10 just because the gameplay gets really repetitive after a while and yeah, that last boss (the woman, not the final boss) was freaking hard.

I loved Assassin's Creed, the cutscenes made the game, and the gameplay was good to start with.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #724 of 6,926
yup the sequel is already announced... As someone put it they should rebrand it being call of duty 2009/2010/2011 and so on.

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #725 of 6,926
Quote:

I finally just played Assassin's Creed. Wow, what a fantastic game. I expected no less from Ubisoft, who in my opinion does a phenomenal job on all of their games. Great storyline, very above-average visuals and sounds, and very distinctive (although still rather close to Prince of Persia, but that's also made by them). I'll give it an 8/10 just because the gameplay gets really repetitive after a while and yeah, that last boss (the woman, not the final boss) was freaking hard.

I never finished it. It was cool at first, but as you said, it got so methodical and repetitive that I didn't see a reason to continue playing. (Probably the biggest complaint people have with it) They say the sequel fixes this, and I hope it does.

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #727 of 6,926
Modern warfare 2, single player is same long as in first game. But everything is much faster, you have more enemies.
Great are fights in washington without electricity(after emp pulse). You see only shadows of your enemies. Fires and lightnings are only sources of light.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 13, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #728 of 6,926
Modern Warfare 2.... starting tonight. Am dying of anticipation, and hating Amazon for their ****ty pre-order shipping system.

Nov 15, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #729 of 6,926
55 in game hours later, finished Dragon Age: Origins.

The good:
+ Great characters. The constant teammate chatter is awesome.
+ Good combat system. D20 was getting long in the tooth.
+ Suitably epic storyline with satisfying ending.
+ Dialogue choices are considerably less saint/sinner than previous BioWare outings.

The middling:
* As in Mass Effect, BioWare seems to have created a fairly generic world.
* 11 years later and the Infinity Engine still handles combat pausing better.

The bad:
- Odd difficulty curve. A lot more room for error as the game goes on.
- Memory leak. Area load times get long after a while.
- End game is a bit of a letdown in difficult level.

Overall Rating: 5/5. BioWare's best effort since Baldur's Gate 2.

Nov 15, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #730 of 6,926
inFamous

34 % in and it´s really a 5/5 title so far.
Superb development of your character and extremely addictive gameplay.
Game engine really let you feel like a bad ass and the good and evil powers really encourages replay.

Controls are very streamlined though it can be frustrated when you climb down buildings and get stuck on every ledge. Solved by remembering jumping down (you don´t take damage)

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #731 of 6,926
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
55 in game hours later, finished Dragon Age: Origins.

The good:
+ Great characters. The constant teammate chatter is awesome.
+ Good combat system. D20 was getting long in the tooth.
+ Suitably epic storyline with satisfying ending.
+ Dialogue choices are considerably less saint/sinner than previous BioWare outings.

The middling:
* As in Mass Effect, BioWare seems to have created a fairly generic world.
* 11 years later and the Infinity Engine still handles combat pausing better.

The bad:
- Odd difficulty curve. A lot more room for error as the game goes on.
- Memory leak. Area load times get long after a while.
- End game is a bit of a letdown in difficult level.

Overall Rating: 5/5. BioWare's best effort since Baldur's Gate 2.

I mostly agree. However, I would put it behind NWN (particularly with PRC additions) and probably on par with KotOR.

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #732 of 6,926
Quote:

It's not a great game. It's enjoyable for the first few hours. Then you realise you're doing the same thing again, and again, and again in each city. Boring! 8/10 in those first couple of hours, then 3/10 once you go to the second city.

Nov 15, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #733 of 6,926
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not a great game. It's enjoyable for the first few hours. Then you realise you're doing the same thing again, and again, and again in each city. Boring! 8/10 in those first couple of hours, then 3/10 once you go to the second city.

I also found it extremely enjoyable. While I did notice the repetition, I didn't find it too bad and the incredible gameplay and setting made up for it.

Apparently the PC version has some extra mission types and whatnot.

Nov 16, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #735 of 6,926
Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition - 10/10.

I'm playing this game through for the second time, I played through about a year ago, but I skipped a lot of the side missions. I just picked up the game of the year addition with 5 expansions included, and I want to play every side mission. This game seems like you could spend a ton of time leveling up and just exploring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back