Rate the video games you're currently playing
Feb 21, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #6,046 of 6,926
What controls have you got? Shadows of War have perfect controls for the Xbox One gamepad

Feb 21, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #6,047 of 6,926
Red Dead Redemption 2.

520 hours logged so far and still entirely engrossed in both the story and exploration and side quests. I can see me topping 1,000 hours easily.

Easily the most enjoyable game I've played in many many years.

I'm giving this a 10, for graphics, sound, gameplay and value for money.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #6,048 of 6,926
Shadow of War - 6/10

I bought this because it had really good reviews and was only $8 at Best Buy.
Turns out the controls are awful and they ruin the game.
I played it for a few hours but will not continue I think.
Controls in "Red Dead Redemption" and "The Witcher" were awful too IMO.

Prey - (update)

I originally rated this a 7/10, but I think it now deserves a higher score. Maybe a 9/10!
I actually started over with a new character and it's like a totally different game.
I've now played it through about 3 times!

It's a lot more fun if you pick up everything, upgrade your inventory and make a ton of Neuromods.
It also helps to know how to take down specific enemies. Sometimes just wasting ammo on them without stunning them isn't always best.

I found the game harder early on, but it's gets VERY easy once you fully upgrade your Shotgun and get sneak attack etc.
I think I only use one Alien/Typhon ability and that's for the tougher enemies like the nightmare etc.

The game is slow to me, but always fun now. I take it very slow and explore everything.

It's possible to make a bad character and make the game 10x harder than it should be.

When I started I actually missed the shotgun and stun gun and didn't use the Fabricator and Recycler much.
This is really a MUST for the game IMO.

PS I rarely use the Gloo Cannon. I never was good at using it for mimics.

One negative though is that I didn't like the ending and I wish it would let you continue on after you were done.
You just have to load an old save game.

Hope they make a Prey 2!
I have same feelings about prey too. At first after i finished i would have gave it a 7, but now after few months it did left some good memories in me. I forgot most of the bad things so il wait for 2nd part and hope they will fix frustrating parts so it could be 10/10 game.
Talking about Gameplay i too dont like Witcher combat it lacks fluidity and movement feels very weird. Doesnt matter if story good if gameplay sucks, if i want story i rather watch movie...

Feb 24, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #6,049 of 6,926
After liking Assassin's Creed: Origins a lot, I bought Odyssey.

While Odyssey looks better, it's not as straight forward in gameplay. Not sure how to rate it so far. Maybe 8/10, after 25 hours played.

Feb 24, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #6,050 of 6,926
I have same feelings about prey too. At first after i finished i would have gave it a 7, but now after few months it did left some good memories in me. I forgot most of the bad things so il wait for 2nd part and hope they will fix frustrating parts so it could be 10/10 game.
Talking about Gameplay i too dont like Witcher combat it lacks fluidity and movement feels very weird. Doesnt matter if story good if gameplay sucks, if i want story i rather watch movie...

I had this with Prey on the first playthrough. 7/10 absolute max. Far too much googling, and I didn't even quite finish it. As much as I hear what you both say, I would have no intention to try play it again.

Feb 24, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #6,051 of 6,926
After liking Assassin's Creed: Origins a lot, I bought Odyssey.

While Odyssey looks better, it's not as straight forward in gameplay. Not sure how to rate it so far. Maybe 8/10, after 25 hours played.
Is Origins gameplay better than AC2? I hate AC2 gameplay with passion... This dumb camera movement, Runing and jumping with same space button made me so mad.

Feb 24, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #6,053 of 6,926
AC: Origins just felt normal to play to me. Look up gameplay on YouTube.
Its hard to judge from youtube, but oh well I bought that on Steam winter sale so i hope its not as bad as AC 2. Bought too many games that i keep hearing good things, but then turns out they were overrated. Doom is good example Everything is very repetitive, dont see much difference between Playing Any Deatmatch game and Doom. Next time Just gonna buy proven series game and play pirated games and if i like them i buy them.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #6,054 of 6,926
Its hard to judge from youtube, but oh well I bought that on Steam winter sale so i hope its not as bad as AC 2. Bought too many games that i keep hearing good things, but then turns out they were overrated. Doom is good example Everything is very repetitive, dont see much difference between Playing Any Deatmatch game and Doom. Next time Just gonna buy proven series game and play pirated games and if i like them i buy them.

I got into the AC series because I got Syndicate free with a GTX 980. I liked Syndicate though.

I risked buying Origins because I like the Egyptian setting, and paid £20. Bit of a risk £20, however it turned out to be a good game. You'll get an idea of the camera though, from YouTube. I had no issues with the camera: it just felt normal for a third person game.

Feb 24, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #6,055 of 6,926
I got into the AC series because I got Syndicate free with a GTX 980. I liked Syndicate though.

I risked buying Origins because I like the Egyptian setting, and paid £20. Bit of a risk £20, however it turned out to be a good game. You'll get an idea of the camera though, from YouTube. I had no issues with the camera: it just felt normal for a third person game.
Ha ha i bought with all dlcs cause i like Ancient Egypt too. Liked movies about Egypt so i thought i will give it a try. Price was good on sale too.

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #6,057 of 6,926
Final Fantasy XI Online - (currently 7/10)

Haven't played this in a year, but I've been mostly addicted to this game since 2004.
I actually started on the PS2 with a dial-up modem, then upgraded to the PC and XBOX 360 versions.

I would probably say that I left last time due to none of my friends being online and not enough people playing.
The Lahkshmi server is really dead and Square Enix really needs to do more server merges.
But instead they get $18 from each person that transfers to a different server.

I did this recently when I came back and the game is nowhere near close to being dead. On my new Asura server there is about 2700 people online instead of only 650!
Bastok and old areas have lots of people in them.

Despite more people online it's hard to get back into the game.
Took 6 hours to update the game and now I don't know anyone and things just don't interest me as much anymore.

Right now I'm really liking "PUP" aka Puppermaster. I have him set up as a "Ranger" to do more damage.
It's pretty fun to play since tanking on it gets boring. Right now I have only 700 job points, but need to get 1200 ASAP.

There's a lot of stuff you can do on it that my favorite job Beastmaster can't do.

I guess to make this fun again I need to start doing End game group activities. It's hard to do that without 2-5 hours of free time at night.

PS sad to think that my playtime is 350 days. How depressing. I guess I was AFK a lot.

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #6,059 of 6,926
Red Dead Redemption 2 - 6/10
So far I'm sort of disappointed with the sequel to the original classic. I think it had a lot of hype and for the most part it delivered on that hype but it's just too story driven for an open world. R* did wonders for the graphics engine and the script but I feel like if you were to combine all the cutscenes in story mode you would have a movie longer than the entire Harry Potter/LOTR trilogy.

That's not to say I hate the game or anything, I just think they focused too much on action and story and not so much on the freedom of exploration and the nudge of being able to do what YOU want to do and not what your missions want.

I'm also kind of sad at the economy implementation, once you get further into the game you find that you have way too much money and practically nothing interesting to spend it on. Not to mention even though there are banks you cannot store any of your money there, so if you die out in the wild you just lose something like 10% of that money you were carrying around on you.

Other than some disagreeable quirks though, I still think it's a great game, I just wish it was on PC..

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #6,060 of 6,926
Red Dead Redemption 2 - 6/10
That's not to say I hate the game or anything, I just think they focused too much on action and story and not so much on the freedom of exploration and the nudge of being able to do what YOU want to do and not what your missions want.

I didn't find this at all. As long as you ignore the yellow markers for the story missions, you're free to do whatever you want and take as long as you want doing it. The trapper challenges do encourage you to dive into many aspects of the game, and the other collectable strands also neccessitate/demand taking time out to explore. I did everything I needed to in Shadow of the Tomb Raider and spent 70 hours doing that. I'm now close to spending 700 hours in RDR2 and still have many hours until completion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back