Rate the video games you're currently playing
Aug 29, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #4,591 of 6,924

what about
famelurker
?

Wasn't that hard if I remember correctly. Tower Knight was the only one that took me several retries, the rest of the bosses usually fell on first or second try.

Aug 30, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #4,592 of 6,924
Playing Tales of Xillia (will order Xillia 2 and have Tales of Symphonia Chronicles on the way). Solid 8.5/10 so far, everything really works well. My two complaints is that I wish I knew how to play properly and not just button mash battles, and Teepo has the most annoying voice I've ever heard. Not far into it but really enjoying it.

Aug 31, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #4,593 of 6,924
Does Xillia have the original dub? I don't play jRPGs much, but out of curiosity I checked out a video of the second one and the English voices are cringeworthy. I remember Valkyria Chronicles having both, but Final Fantasy XIII having only English ones (it wasn't exclusive, though so maybe they wanted parity with the X360 version that didn't have enough space for that) .

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #4,594 of 6,924
I am glad I went back to my xbox360 and went with dark souls 2 now..even though it's a bit of a grind having to collect souls to level up your character and sometimes you die before you get to a boss which is annoying, it's still up there with the best of them!

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #4,595 of 6,924
Does Xillia have the original dub? I don't play jRPGs much, but out of curiosity I checked out a video of the second one and the English voices are cringeworthy. I remember Valkyria Chronicles having both, but Final Fantasy XIII having only English ones (it wasn't exclusive, though so maybe they wanted parity with the X360 version that didn't have enough space for that) .

I never checked for the options haha. The voices are OK but not great/perfect. Passable for a translation. I think for FF13-LR there was an option to buy the Japanese voiceovers for $10 DLC. Never checked with the first two. I prefer listening though versus reading the subtitles for my games because then I'm paying attention to the scene rather than the bottom of the screen.

Sep 1, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #4,596 of 6,924
I never checked for the options haha. The voices are OK but not great/perfect. Passable for a translation. I think for FF13-LR there was an option to buy the Japanese voiceovers for $10 DLC. Never checked with the first two. I prefer listening though versus reading the subtitles for my games because then I'm paying attention to the scene rather than the bottom of the screen.
I don't think I'm the only one who bought that DLC... =3

Sep 1, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #4,597 of 6,924
Dark Souls 1 is probably the coolest 3rd person game Ive played.

Dont know about DS2 (most ppl say its a bit easier, and that takes away some of the fun), but I will buy it once they stop releasing all the DLC (Ill wait 5 years if I have to, I hate this new DLC style).

Sep 1, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #4,598 of 6,924
  Dark Souls 1 is probably the coolest 3rd person game Ive played.

Dont know about DS2 (most ppl say its a bit easier, and that takes away some of the fun), but I will buy it once they stop releasing all the DLC (Ill wait 5 years if I have to, I hate this new DLC style).

All three souls games are awesome and well worth playing.  I noticed that people love the first of the three they played.  Prob because of the steep learning curve and the feeling of accomplishment you get from actual fighting through.  

Demon Souls was just way too easy though especially with a sorcery build.  Still a great game though

Sep 1, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #4,600 of 6,924
  All three souls games are awesome and well worth playing.  I noticed that people love the first of the three they played.  Prob because of the steep learning curve and the feeling of accomplishment you get from actual fighting through.  

Demon Souls was just way too easy though especially with a sorcery build.  Still a great game though

Never played demon souls..i wish they would bring a 3 disc hd remastered version of the three of them out for the next gen consoles!

Sep 1, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #4,601 of 6,924
BROTHERS TALE OF TWO SONS

9.8/10? -0.2 because i missed some completionist stuff but holy crap this game is perfect. better version of limbo in my opinion, i would say competitive for game of the year

also my first time playing something on 4k, i can't actually play great games on 4k but wow, pretty

Sep 1, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #4,602 of 6,924
Playing Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir for the first time.  It's great so far, I really like how every expansion for this game (along with the base game itself) has unique mechanics.  Though I doubt any of them will top Mask of the Betrayer, that game/expansion is just too good.  

I like how these older games were built with (Creative) sound cards in mind.

Sep 2, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #4,604 of 6,924
Problem with demons souls: No PC version :D.

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #4,605 of 6,924
Playing- Titan quest: Immortal throne. 9/10
Seven years ago i played the prequel and it was very addictive! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back