Rate the video games you're currently playing
post-15923405
Post #6,256 of 6,259

GreenBow

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Started play Dark Souls 3, and I died. lol Not the friendliest game in terms of having the user easily get into the game. I've looked around to see what's the essential things to know in order to get decent at this game, and the most important thing is acknowledging that the act of rolling for dodging causes invincibility for the short duration of the roll (in which I think is ghey). Anyway, I have no interest in continuing this game. Don't see the appeal of continuously dying. lol
Dark Souls 3 puts a boss just 5 to 10 mins into the game from the start. Some big dude that you pull a sword out of and he comes to life.

That boss did the same to me and I just kept dying to it. I gave up. Then tried again another day, then gave up. After watching Youtube and seeing other people beat this boss easier than myself, who had played DS1 and DS2. I tried again, and finally beat the boss.

I think however it might have been watching others play that helped me beat that boss. Much more them making me give it another go, I mean. Like I think I had given up trying to block with shield, and had ended up relying on evasion. I think the more balanced approach to play, was what beat the boss, and the less balanced - why I failed.

I suppose starting again after dying with enemies revived, is a chance to practice blocking and rolling.

Last edited:
post-15923424
Post #6,257 of 6,259

oqvist

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Death Stranding. What a brilliant game Kojima is matching MGS IV with ease here. I have some reservations the vehicles feels like a total cheat. I don´t have to use them but then I get lower scores because I am not as fast despite the challenge is way harder! Much harder to deliver undamaged cargo as well and I need to care less for each mission.. It just destroy the game balance completly.

I can see myself loosing a lot of time here. I borrowed the game from the library so am playing on PS 4 Pro. Not sure 2 weeks is enough to finish it wonder if you can import games from PS 4 and play on PC?

post-15925714
Post #6,258 of 6,259

SilverEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Death Stranding. What a brilliant game Kojima is matching MGS IV with ease here. I have some reservations the vehicles feels like a total cheat. I don´t have to use them but then I get lower scores because I am not as fast despite the challenge is way harder! Much harder to deliver undamaged cargo as well and I need to care less for each mission.. It just destroy the game balance completly.

I can see myself loosing a lot of time here. I borrowed the game from the library so am playing on PS 4 Pro. Not sure 2 weeks is enough to finish it wonder if you can import games from PS 4 and play on PC?
Did you borrow the game from the public library? I didn't know you could do that?

Dark Souls 3 puts a boss just 5 to 10 mins into the game from the start. Some big dude that you pull a sword out of and he comes to life.

That boss did the same to me and I just kept dying to it. I gave up. Then tried again another day, then gave up. After watching Youtube and seeing other people beat this boss easier than myself, who had played DS1 and DS2. I tried again, and finally beat the boss.

I think however it might have been watching others play that helped me beat that boss. Much more them making me give it another go, I mean. Like I think I had given up trying to block with shield, and had ended up relying on evasion. I think the more balanced approach to play, was what beat the boss, and the less balanced - why I failed.

I suppose starting again after dying with enemies revived, is a chance to practice blocking and rolling.
Yeah, it's a real shame. It's like the developer has no people skills, and autistic. Definitely not a Miyamoto, who actually seems to understand people.

post-15925880
Post #6,259 of 6,259

faolan

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Been playing Hades from Supergiant - scratches the Diablo 3 grindfest itch, but the story is baked into the grinding mechanics. Music and art are awesome, as is customary for Supergiant Games. Still running a backlog of Horizon: Zero Dawn and Disco Elysium, which are also really pretty, but you can just have some mindless fun for 30 minutes and make some meaningful progress in Hades, y'know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)