Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 24, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #10,952 of 24,598
Just got done watching this one...I'm exhausted!!! 

I'd give it an 8.6/10...lots of action, very violent, very intense. There were even some scenes toward the middle and end where they took time for a bit of character development, which I felt added to the film. I'd say it lives up to all the hype, as this film has received a lot of buzz, both from critics and movie goers. 

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #10,953 of 24,598
I don't like the lighting effect of the last scene of Prometheus where objects flash in and out of view. They should have used solid lighting so we could see the whole scene unfold with full attention !!

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #10,955 of 24,598
Quote:
I don't like the lighting effect of the last scene of Prometheus where objects flash in and out of view. They should have used solid lighting so we could see the whole scene unfold with full attention !!

I still am very amazed at the movie. So we see many reoccurring themes from the older Alien movies. We see some back story, which I think made the plot interesting. It was cool because as almost like a tribute, they slowly play with what we already know about the plot basics. I thought that it was great and feel it almost bad taste to nit-pick at it. 

I'm the guy with the full Alien box set who has sat through all the explanation director audio channels. I'm the guy who likes even number three. I'm probably not going to ever give this movie a realistic review as I just like the series too much. I did think the pods looked a little strange this time around. Before they had a round and organic pod look to em. This time they looked like bongos or lamp bases. I just thought the shape was not consistent with previous movies? Out of everything the pods somehow look low cost? I guess I have to watch it again?

There will never be an Alien one again. I saw it in the theater when it came out. The effects were just so fully ahead of their time. The pacing of number one was perfect. This one gets maybe a little slow near the end. It could have had maybe 20 minutes edited out? There are so many cool new things to see though. I'll probably watch Prometheus 10 times this year.

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #10,957 of 24,598
"Cabin in the Woods" - 6/10.  Felt like a silly 80's zombie flick, with the usual holes;  then the twist towards the middle through the end.  Brilliant idea, but lacks the budget for a truely compelling flick.  I would have love to see some monsters/minions go at each other towards the end.  Cool to see Pinhead's cousin in there or whatever variation he represented.  His black eyes shaking side to side was down right freaky, but the real scare goes to that damn killer clown.  In the end, I felt the same when I saw "13 Ghosts" - mildly entertained towards a potentially great horror flick.

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #10,958 of 24,598
Hunger games 3/10 and then I am nice. It´s to awhare about being a kids movie and trying to reassure kids it´s not real there is no danger all the time. It just get plain odd how the actors at time feel 110 % safe in such an environment and can just stroll around singing, making burials and what not. There is tons of logical holes like the heroine not recollecting her ammunition just for one thing. And how do these magical creatures materialize?

Watch battle of royale or lord of the flies instead.

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #10,959 of 24,598
Quote:
Hunger games 3/10 and then I am nice. It´s to awhare about being a kids movie and trying to reassure kids it´s not real there is no danger all the time. It just get plain odd how the actors at time feel 110 % safe in such an environment and can just stroll around singing, making burials and what not. There is tons of logical holes like the heroine not recollecting her ammunition just for one thing. And how do these magical creatures materialize?

Watch battle of royale or lord of the flies instead.

As a fan of the books, I was utterly pissed at the movies. They transformed the gritty dystopia into a cool teenage flick. Screw the director.

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #10,960 of 24,598
Quote:

As a fan of the books, I was utterly pissed at the movies. They transformed the gritty dystopia into a cool teenage flick. Screw the director.

i hated how they ommitted/ altered several, what i consider, important scenes in the movie
plus the movie seems more childish compared to the book
overall wasnt too bad in my opinion though- (eg. final destination was the worst movie ive seen in a theatre)

its going to be interesting how they portray all the shooting that happens in the second and third books
water guns maybe?

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #10,961 of 24,598
Oh man, this one I watched tonight was really something lol...it was like the dysfunctional version of Parenthood! The acting was superb and the story held my attention for the entire 2 hrs, so if you enjoy films about familial relationships this one may be one to check out. The movie it reminded me of was "Rachel Getting Married" with Anne Hathaway, which I completely hated with a passion. This one wasn't nearly as annoying and was smart enough to have some elements of comic relief sprinkled in throughout. My rating would be about a 7.2/10. 

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #10,962 of 24,598
Safe house. Really solid 8/10.

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #10,963 of 24,598
Quote:
Just finished watching this one.

10/10. Wow. What a trip. 

Lol, this must be the only movie where I know the dialogue by heart. 10/10 for sure on this one. "I belive in a prolonged disturbance of the senses" 
ksc75smile.gif

On the comedy side, I just saw "Four Lions". 8/10, seriously funny on a touchy topic.

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #10,964 of 24,598
It's so good. I was super surprised. Also, I'm a little frustrated that I hadn't seen it yet because The Doors are one of my favorite bands of all time.

Quote:
Lol, this must be the only movie where I know the dialogue by heart. 10/10 for sure on this one. "I belive in a prolonged disturbance of the senses" 
ksc75smile.gif

On the comedy side, I just saw "Four Lions". 8/10, seriously funny on a touchy topic.

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #10,965 of 24,598
You guys have me wanting to see The Doors now....

I saw this earlier in the year and it was pretty good....it's on Netflix streaming: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back