Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 18, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #10,892 of 24,599
Quote:
Prometheus -1/10 . absolutly terrible in all aspects.one of the worst ive seen and the story didnt make sense to me.

Story made sense to me but of course there were holes large enough to drive a truck through.  

I don't know how the effects and cinematography could be considered terrible.  It's an absolutely gorgeous movie and there's quite a few stylistic cues from Kubrick.  You'd have to watch Baracka, Samsara or other IMAX productions to do better.

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #10,895 of 24,599

Quote:

Story made sense to me but of course there were holes large enough to drive a truck through.  

I don't know how the effects and cinematography could be considered terrible.  It's an absolutely gorgeous movie and there's quite a few stylistic cues from Kubrick.  You'd have to watch Baracka, Samsara or other IMAX productions to do better.

Or Home. Home is only consisting of those beautiful arial shots :D

Hard to beat mother earth in term of beauty.

Sep 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #10,896 of 24,599
I agree about Prometheus. Basically rubbish.

Encounters at the End of the World - 7/10
I don't like Werner Herzog's directorial style and personality. I feel like it is manipulative and heavy-handed. However, I have always been attracted to Antarctica and its many wonders, so watching this film was still very enjoyable. The people he meets are quite interesting, and the video footage is beautiful. I dislike how he incorporates spiritualism into nature. I think nature is most powerful when it's taken for it's physical and aesthetic grandeur, rather than corrupting it with religion.

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #10,898 of 24,599
The flowers of War. Wasn´t quite the movie I expected. And it did surprise me several times during the movie as well. In a good way :)
Beauitfully shot and more entertaining then tragic. Humour in all the darkness. 8/10

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #10,899 of 24,599
Quote:
Wow, this was one of the worst movies I've ever seen...

And I'm repeating the HORROR COMEDY! if your not a fan of the genre you're not going to enjoy/get the humor.

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #10,900 of 24,599
The woman in black. Very cliched ghost movie. Among the worst I have seen in the genre. Bad uninspired story. Radcliffe looks about as not inspired as in the Potter movies. I don´t know if it´s the potter movies but despite looking a little bit older he still feels young for having a 7 year old child. There is no solid creative ideas at all. 3/10.

Klassen or the Class http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988108/
Very strong Estonian movie and all to realistic 9/10.

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #10,901 of 24,599
The Grey.
7/10
Not what I was expecting at all. A lot deeper than movie than what I thought it was going to be.

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #10,902 of 24,599
Quote:
The Grey.
7/10
Not what I was expecting at all. A lot deeper than movie than what I thought it was going to be.

Bleh, I hated that movie so much. Liam's character was such a dolt and everyone was just....THEY WERE ALL RED COATS; that's pretty much how you can describe the movie.

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #10,903 of 24,599
Paranormal Activity 2 - 8/10

I normally hate movies like this. The whole 'Blair Witch' kind of filming...but this one was good and definitely freaky. One of the scariest movies I've watched in awhile for 2 reasons. You always know the scare is coming, but the drawn out nature really makes you flip. Also the fact that not every camera will give you a scare. No telling which it'll be.

Also...The lack of music in the film is really freaky. Nothing to 'warn' you like other horror movies. Just silence. Watched it in the middle of the day and it still freaked me out.

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #10,904 of 24,599

Quote:
Bleh, I hated that movie so much. Liam's character was such a dolt and everyone was just....THEY WERE ALL RED COATS; that's pretty much how you can describe the movie.

lol. Didn´t hate it but the wolves was just so weird. Seen Liam kick even more ass previously but well I don´t think his character was that annoying :)

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #10,905 of 24,599
Quote:
The Grey.
7/10

Quote:

yup i didnt like that movie too
probably because i was watching it on an airplane with crappy screen and even worse headphones than apple earbuds...
it was pretty much a rotation of seeing wolves, one person gets killed, move somewhere else, repeat
and fast fowarding throughout the movie- only thing i was seeing was night time and snow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back