Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 20, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #10,711 of 24,630
Quote:
crap movie.the whole movie is a big masturbation scene with alot of nudity and no meaning at all.i really dont get it.the end was cheesy and unmeaningfull as well.i dont want to burn it for u,but its certainly one of the worst ive seen.

I'll send it back to NF. I like the two leads but if there is no substance I'm moving on. 

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #10,712 of 24,630
This one is on my watch list. It looks really good to me.

As for ratings...

Bad Ass - 7/10 - It was pretty much just what the title implies. Badass with no let up. Danny Trejo's still got it. Cheesy sure, but what do you expect from a movie called BADASS? Honestly reminded me of a more light hearted Gran Torino.

Piranha (2010) - 3/10 - Dear god this movie was awful...but in a 'really fun to watch with your other dark (sense of humor) friends' kind of way. Couldn't stop laughing. The gore was just so overdone and ridiculous.

Quote:
The Hunter

9/10 if you're in the mood for it, 7/10 if you don't like slower, more cerebral movies.

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #10,713 of 24,630
Quote:
@redcarmoose I think I am still not with you but oh well. piranha 3DD is a joke I assume. Though it wouldn´t surprise me if it was real and Hasselhoff would jump on it :)

You should just see it anyway? There cheesy low-class charm to it.

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #10,714 of 24,630
Piranha 3D was a blast... I rented it blind and had no idea so many big names were in it. It was fantastic raunchy comedy and over the top gore, good fun! I heard the second one was a fail and have not bothered with it.

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #10,716 of 24,630
Quote:
Piranha 3D was a blast... I rented it blind and had no idea so many big names were in it. It was fantastic raunchy comedy and over the top gore, good fun! I heard the second one was a fail and have not bothered with it.

Oh god it was real! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1714203/
I thought you where sarcastic RedcarMoose :)

Oh jeesus this cracked me up but I will do myself a favour and not see it.

Watched Shark Night 3D as well. A bit better overall but it felt like it stole the story board and characters from I spit on your grave completely which was annoying.  I also had a hard time buying that fetish these rednecks was going for and how on earth they thought they could sell it.
Jaws is still king though. I would recommend Open waters also. I do like suspense there is nothing of that in these where they are to eager to show them off and as little time as possible on character development :frowning2:

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #10,717 of 24,630
6/10 - The Bourne Legacy
I think the writer/director/producer was tripping out on something.  I can see the following discussion:

"Hmm...what should we add here?"
"I don't know"
"Great"
"Oh, how about this..."
"Brilliant!"
"Brilliant!"
"Brilliant!"
"Can I have more of that stuff!"
"Who's Jason Bourne, again?"
"Oh, that's right!"
"Brilliant!"
(Repeat)

The movie was scattered and lacked any weight like the Jason Bourne flicks.  It had a lot of potential, with two great lead actor/actress (IMO), but failed to deliver a quality flick like the true Bourne flicks.

Aug 21, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #10,718 of 24,630
Quote:

Oh god it was real! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1714203/
I thought you where sarcastic RedcarMoose :)

Oh jeesus this cracked me up but I will do myself a favour and not see it.

Watched Shark Night 3D as well. A bit better overall but it felt like it stole the story board and characters from I spit on your grave completely which was annoying.  I also had a hard time buying that fetish these rednecks was going for and how on earth they thought they could sell it.
Jaws is still king though. I would recommend Open waters also. I do like suspense there is nothing of that in these where they are to eager to show them off and as little time as possible on character development :frowning2:

In case you really decide to see it.........there are two that we are talking about here in these pages. I would guess the 2010 to be better?

Aug 21, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #10,719 of 24,630
This is an alternative take on some of the movies mentioned:

Shame.  8 out of 10.  Heavy duty, industrial strength character/case study of sexual compulsion, where a functioning obsessive is unhinged by a visit from his pathologically needy sister.  Excellent acting all around and beautifully shot in Manhattan, but very disturbing.  No compromises to make it more appealing for mainstream audiences; these folk are extremely unlikeable.  Although there's plenty of nudity and sex, it's not at all erotic.  As one reviewer said you'll need a hot shower, not a cold one, after this one.  Not a movie you'll want to see more than once.

The Hunter.  6 out of 10.  Willem Dafoe is good as usual, but it's title tells all, in that it's all about the hunter's rather uninteresting domestic drama.  I found the ending completely unbelievable. Fascinating subject, pedestrian execution.

The Cabin in the Woods.  8 out of 10.  Affectionate and really enjoyable take on horror movie cliches, which are upended and taken to extremes.  It had me from the beginning, when I realized the outward appearance of the cabin of the title looked just like the one in the Evil Dead movies.  And with an equally over-the-top ending.  Two expert character actors, Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford, provide comic relief.

Cleanskin.  8 out of 10.  I agree with sygyzy on this one.  Sean Bean is always excellent and gives a fine performance here in a very original thriller about terrorism.  Much more character development than usual in this type of film.  Well acted and well done all around.

The Hunger Games.  7 out of 10.  Well-made I suppose, but sort of Rollerball mixed with Winter's Bone.  Jennifer Lawrence, who's a fine actress, plays essentially the same character she played in the latter (she even cooks a squirrel).  Confusing and sloppy action sequences.  Like DLeeWebb said, it would have been better as an R rated rather than PG-13 movie.

21 Jump Street.  8 out of 10.  A really pleasant surprise.  I think Channing Tatum is a very underrated comedy actor.  Totally silly and much better than it has any right to be.

Your mileage may vary and keep in mind this is coming from a K702 lover.

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #10,720 of 24,630
Quote:
This is an alternative take on some of the movies mentioned:

Shame.  8 out of 10.  Heavy duty, industrial strength character/case study of sexual compulsion, where a functioning obsessive is unhinged by a visit from his pathologically needy sister.  Excellent acting all around and beautifully shot in Manhattan, but very disturbing.  No compromises to make it more appealing for mainstream audiences; these folk are extremely unlikeable.  Although there's plenty of nudity and sex, it's not at all erotic.  As one reviewer said you'll need a hot shower, not a cold one, after this one.  Not a movie you'll want to see more than once.

The Hunter.  6 out of 10.  Willem Dafoe is good as usual, but it's title tells all, in that it's all about the hunter's rather uninteresting domestic drama.  I found the ending completely unbelievable. Fascinating subject, pedestrian execution.

The Cabin in the Woods.  8 out of 10.  Affectionate and really enjoyable take on horror movie cliches, which are upended and taken to extremes.  It had me from the beginning, when I realized the outward appearance of the cabin of the title looked just like the one in the Evil Dead movies.  And with an equally over-the-top ending.  Two expert character actors, Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford, provide comic relief.

Cleanskin.  8 out of 10.  I agree with sygyzy on this one.  Sean Bean is always excellent and gives a fine performance here in a very original thriller about terrorism.  Much more character development than usual in this type of film.  Well acted and well done all around.

The Hunger Games.  7 out of 10.  Well-made I suppose, but sort of Rollerball mixed with Winter's Bone.  Jennifer Lawrence, who's a fine actress, plays essentially the same character she played in the latter (she even cooks a squirrel).  Confusing and sloppy action sequences.  Like DLeeWebb said, it would have been better as an R rated rather than PG-13 movie.

21 Jump Street.  8 out of 10.  A really pleasant surprise.  I think Channing Tatum is a very underrated comedy actor.  Totally silly and much better than it has any right to be.

Your mileage may vary and keep in mind this is coming from a K702 lover.

Now I understand
wink.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #10,721 of 24,630
Quote:
I was surprised with all the praise Hunger Games got and Cabin in the Woods. Hunger Games was like a modern take on The Running Man with Arnold from the 80's only with less violence, more cheese, and an over use of bad CG.Cabin in the woods was ok but I really expected more... the lack of original gritty horror from Hollywood is just astonishing. Hopefully RZ doesn't screw up Lords of Salem like he did Halloween 2.

I just got Shame from NF, was it bad because it was disturbing or bad because it was just a crap movie?

Am I the only one that realized Cabin in the woods was supposed to be slightly comedic? a Horror Comedy but rather subtle.

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #10,722 of 24,630
Quote:
Am I the only one that realized Cabin in the woods was supposed to be slightly comedic? a Horror Comedy but rather subtle.

I thought it was pretty obviously tongue in cheek from the get go.  

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #10,723 of 24,630
Found some $7.88 Blu-Rays at a certain big box store.

The Men Who Stare at Goats: 7/10

Amusing, though the comedy was shooting for the fence, it always fell a bit short.
Still, I find it an amusing movie. Maybe rent it?

There Will Be Blood: 9/10

A clinical story about a man who gains it all but loses what little humanity he had left.
I feel for the guy though, he gets beat pretty hard, mentally.
EDIT: The soundtrack is fabulous. Musically very coherent and appropriate. Sort of minimalistic.

Next up: The Magnificent Seven.

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #10,724 of 24,630
Cradle to the grave,
Jet Li' s kung fu and DMX's fighting was awesome and many nice stunt scene.
great plot and elements in the movie
rating: 9/10 not really intense enough through out the movie (only few scenes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back