Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 25, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #7,156 of 24,632
I saw the most recent Chronicles of Narnia - Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I'd give it a 5/10.

It had some decent moments but for the most part it wasn't that great. I liked the previous movies much better.

Dec 25, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #7,157 of 24,632
We just watched 'Easy A'

Couple of years ago I would've liked this pretty much, but to quote movies that had great impact to me years ago:
"I'm getting too old for this crap"

Dec 26, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #7,159 of 24,632
Jumper 3/10

Heard it was a bit guff so put it off until last night. Well, what I heard was right, it's guff. The idea could have been good and could have been used to so much more effect but I guess their imagination was limited. A few things annoyed me in this film - the main character was unlikable - they kept jumping for no reason with great opportunity for being seen (you wouldn't do that) - after his first two jumps he was ready to change his life without even knowing what the hell was going on!. Meh, can't even be bothered to review it anymore.

Dec 26, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #7,161 of 24,632
How do you know - 2.5/10 for being one of the most bizarre and awkward (not in a good way) movies to ever not go straight to dvd.  Plus the waste of talent and lack of direction.  Shocking.  

True Grit - 8.75/10.  Would have been 9/10 if not for Jeff Bridges accent being overly incoherent.  Sadly not the 10/10 I was hoping for.  Not sure if the story failed to deliver or the adaptation just missed nailing the story.

Meet the Fockers - 6.75/10

Rubios - 0/10 for being closed on Xmas.  Do fish celebrate Christmas?

Red Dawn 9/10 for being one of the greatest Cold War propaganda movies ever made.  WOLVERINES!!!!  "Your son is involved in paramilitary organization called...Eagle Scout!" 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 26, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #7,162 of 24,632
Hmm, the new True Grit is supposed to be a pretty tight adaptation of the original novel, while the John Wayne movie version took a lot of liberties from what I have read. So it's not a remake of the movie but a fresh adaptation of the book.

Dec 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #7,165 of 24,632

Quote:
Hmm, the new True Grit is supposed to be a pretty tight adaptation of the original novel, while the John Wayne movie version took a lot of liberties from what I have read. So it's not a remake of the movie but a fresh adaptation of the book.

Oh it is.  I didn't mean to say otherwise.  There was just that bit of magic or 'bite' missing for me at the end.  Not sure how else to put it.  Maybe the actress they chose at the end had something to do with that.     

Dec 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #7,166 of 24,632
Doctor Who: Christmas Carol - Very enjoyable, though the end portions didn't sit too well for me. And although I love redheads, in this case the less Amy, the better. 

Dec 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #7,169 of 24,632
Tron Legacy 3D was a good way for my son and me to get out of the terrible rain for a while while my wife recovered from having a tooth pulled. But I think it neither stands up to the original (which I saw a number of times, I confess) nor was it really 3D. I will grant all the fans that it was better than having a tooth pulled, I suppose, but in the end it made me want to share in my spouse's codeine supply... so I don't think I can go higher than 4/10

Dec 26, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #7,170 of 24,632
Black Swan - 10/10 -  another brilliant film from Darren Aronofsky (directed the wrestler, requiem for a dream and more) he is a genius.  perfectly cast. amazing acting, plot, script, cinematography all excellent.   

Dinner for Schmucks.. 7.5/10   better than i thought it would be.  actually laughed out loud quite a few times. 

the town - 6.5/10 - pretty good, but not great

family guy star wars pt 3 "its a trap" - 3/10.. its a crap...  family guy just isnt what it used to be.. or maybe the problem is its exactly what it used to be.. over and over and over.. anyway.. nothing new or funny here.  The Robot Chicken episodes are better, though not spectacular either.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back