Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jun 23, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #5,913 of 24,632
Brothers: 8/10

I thought this film definitely had a nice tone to it. The  presentation and over-all feel to it was quite deep, straight forward and to the point. Call me an emo for watching family type flicks, but watching movies like these once in a while really makes you think about life in a certain aspect and be grateful for what you've got and don't got.

One of Tobey Maguire's best work since the Spiderman series !  Brilliant acting and played his role flawlessly. Anyhow, pretty cool movie , does get slow at certain times, but not a bad watch at all.

Jun 23, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #5,914 of 24,632
Green Zone 8/10

Wasn't what I was expecting; which was another bourne identity-like movie. Very compelling and nicely done. Some characters could have used a little bit better development. And some scenes had a What moment. But, overall, a good solid movie about the conspiracy of the Iraq war. 

Jun 24, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #5,919 of 24,632
Thirst by Chan-wook Park (director of Oldboy)

The first 15 minutes are very slow and a bit mundane really, you might wander where exactly this movie is going.  But from then on its a slow, slippery slide into some utterly crazy, darkly humourous, and truly memorable imagery.  This is a movie about vampirism that manages to turn the whole thing on its head, all while making some insightful points about life.

At some scenes I was thinking, okay, this is great for a vampire movie, but shouldn't I be scared right now?  How's that, a movie that makes you forget that what you're watching would be quite horrific out of context.

10/10. It gives you hope that vampire movies can still be cool.

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #5,920 of 24,632

Quote:
Thirst by Chan-wook Park (director of Oldboy)

The first 15 minutes are very slow and a bit mundane really, you might wander where exactly this movie is going.  But from then on its a slow, slippery slide into some utterly crazy, darkly humourous, and truly memorable imagery.  This is a movie about vampirism that manages to turn the whole thing on its head, all while making some insightful points about life.

At some scenes I was thinking, okay, this is great for a vampire movie, but shouldn't I be scared right now?  How's that, a movie that makes you forget that what you're watching would be quite horrific out of context.

10/10. It gives you hope that vampire movies can still be cool.

Have you seen "True Blood" on HBO?

Jun 25, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #5,922 of 24,632
DLeeWebb:
Have you seen "True Blood" on HBO?

The more appropriate question may be, "have you not seen True Blood?" It's HBO's most popular series since that one with New Jersey gangsters. I like it a lot myself, reminds me of early Desperate Housewives, when that show was so fun.

Personally I'm more tired of superhero movies than their undead counterparts. The fangs are closing fast however.

--

I'm not going to say much about Knight and Day. C'mon, anyone who has seen fifty movies, will know how this flick will go. To me Tom Cruise has begun to look a little creepy, with all the obvious cosmetic work. 3/10

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #5,924 of 24,632
"The Book Of Eli" [8.2/10]: A nice two hours worth of entertainment. Interesting plot development jerked my interest back on track just when I was thinking that this was an updated version of "Mad Max." Not great but good. I enjoyed it! Interesting that this came out at almost the same time as "The Road" (which I thought was better on many levels...) 

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #5,925 of 24,632
Brothers, 7.5/10

Not what I expected. It wasn't really a drama about adultery so much as it was a statement about the nature of war and it's effect on the humans participating in it. Really masterful performance by Jake Gyllenhaal, and Natalie Portman has never looked better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back