Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 12, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #23,521 of 24,615

My bother just saw this. Said it was funny but it had a lot of male nudity!

Feb 12, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #23,523 of 24,615
I used to watch MacGyver every week when it aired in the 80s. I was probably 7,8 or 9 years old (now 42!).
It used to come on right after church on Wednesday night if I remember right. My Mom, my brother and I would always watch it.
I think this is the only TV we ever watched together as a family every week.
I still have the theme song memorized in my head.

The only episode I still remember is the one where MacGuyver teams up with Murdoc.
It's this one called "Halloween Knights" and had this pretty cool sort of obstacle course in it filled with traps etc.

I sure don't miss all those old square box format TV shows and movies!
Remember when widescreen came out and everyone would complain about those annoying "black bars"?

I always hated those DVDs that were widescreen but stuck into the 4X3 box on my huge TV.
I forget the official name for those. My old DVD of "Breakdown" is like that.
I think it's Anamorphic Widescreen.

I probably remember it better than it is. Typical show roster in those days were Knight Rider, A-Team, Mission Impossible, Air Wolf, V, etc.. It was an era of action hero experimentations, not super heros. And it was fun for kids I'm sure. On top of this, it was a time when Sat morning cartoons were peaking. It was the toy companies and kids dreams. Lots of commercialized toys.

Conceptually, I liked Mcguyver the best looking back. Feels least cheezy compared to A-team or Knight Rider. Conceptually, he still holds up and seems more real than Bond. Much more human at least.

In a general sense, Mcguyver was an hacker (hacker in general sense means somebody that can solve problems with given environmental means). Not an ordinary hero. Quite distinct.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #23,524 of 24,615
My Wife hates any part of the show! Therefore I :hearts: it!
I remember the Jackass phase. I have vivid memory of Steve O's tattoo of himself on his back. Lol!

Feb 12, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #23,525 of 24,615
I used to watch MacGyver every week when it aired in the 80s. I was probably 7,8 or 9 years old (now 42!).
It used to come on right after church on Wednesday night if I remember right. My Mom, my brother and I would always watch it.
I think this is the only TV we ever watched together as a family every week.
I still have the theme song memorized in my head.

The only episode I still remember is the one where MacGuyver teams up with Murdoc.
It's this one called "Halloween Knights" and had this pretty cool sort of obstacle course in it filled with traps etc.

I sure don't miss all those old square box format TV shows and movies!
Remember when widescreen came out and everyone would complain about those annoying "black bars"?

I always hated those DVDs that were widescreen but stuck into the 4X3 box on my huge TV.
I forget the official name for those. My old DVD of "Breakdown" is like that.
I think it's Anamorphic Widescreen.

widescreen on 4:3 panels is no big hit! Then we bought widescreens and then everything was rendered at 21:9 so still black bars but at least not 50 %+ black bars :D

I would love to see a future where 21:9 is the norm but to expensive to manufacture so probably won´t happen. Just happy it still lives on in the cinema and not everything is replaced to boxy 16:9

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #23,526 of 24,615
The King's Man - 7/10

Not terrible or crazy bad, but just avg. Story is typical, and nothing really stands out, and it's generally not interesting overall, especially in comparison to the first movie. The King's Man is the prequel to the first movie, and the first movie was just better done in terms of action, and characters were just better. I didn't care for the acting from the guy that played the son, and action was so so in this one. Very slow action scenes. The first one's action was so much better.

Conceptually, I liked the first release of the series.

This is why the first one was so great. And do this in slow motion, and that's the new one. Edit: I just realized this is one take shot just like Old Boy. Why, Mathew Vaughn, why couldn't you work harder for the new one?! Didn't have the great choreographer (I'm going to figure out who choreographed this scene)? I generally agree with Mathew Vaughn's tastes. Some his best produced stuff are Snatch, Lock Stock? He has great tastes.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #23,527 of 24,615
Resident evil raccoon city apple Movies 2021. what the frack was that?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #23,528 of 24,615
Resident evil raccoon city apple Movies 2021. what the frack was that?

Lol, could not watch it. Trailer better than movie.

Feb 12, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #23,529 of 24,615
Shang chi legend of the ten rings. Apple movies 2021. Sure why not. Interesting take on relationships and karaoke binging. The rings are cool.

Feb 12, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #23,530 of 24,615
I saw some of Peacemaker HBO show, and the humor isn't for me. I just find it unfunny. Only James Gunn's content that had good humor was Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2 (The best Marvel series). I really don't understand why his other stuff doesn't have same humor. Maybe the casting in Guardians helps a lot?

I'm mutha fu**kin Mary Poppins Yall!! LOl. One of the best lines ever!

"He may have been your father, boy. But he wasn't your daddy." - Mary Poppins

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #23,531 of 24,615
Please don't let this be another mediocre show. Visuals looks very nice, and I'm hopeful. I hope it's not pg-13. I want serious fight scene violence like GoT. The trailer is nicely done. It's got me pumped up!

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #23,532 of 24,615
The Last Dual - 10/10

I'm glad that I didn't have a clue what this movie was even about before seeing it. I didn't even see the trailer.
I just knew that it was directed by Ridley Scott and had some good actors in it.

OK, so I'm watching it and find it kind of boring to start and not very interesting. The storyline seems a bit mixed up and several scenes AT FIRST seem kind of pointless. Like why do I need to see this?! What does it have to do with the story? By the end you'll find they were important after all.
It's important to not miss the titles on screen for parts of the movie "As told by....".

I don't want to even tell anyone what the movie is about. The less you know the better.
The movie is not fun, entertaining and isn't easy to watch. At least not for me.
I generally think movies should be entertaining usually, but this is not where that is not necessary.
I think it's an important film and more people should see it for sure.
It made my day sort of when I saw that Ben Affleck and Matt Damon had written the script.
They picked a good one I think and it's based on a book.

I have to say though the movie made me very angry. Not due to the movie itself, but it's characters.
What is crazy is that after the medieval times, not much has changed since then when it comes to the topic of this movie.
It just makes you sick sort of. I guess at least they no longer burn you at the stake, so there's that.
What the heck am I talking about? See the movie!

I do need to read up on my reviews outside this site and see what people thought of it and how they think the filmaker's handled it's themes.
There may be a few out there who want to blame the director or script-writer for the actions of it's characters (like they did with "The Passenger").

It's also another movie where after seeing it I couldn't sleep and kept thinking about it.
Don't watch it before bed maybe? Don't get out the popcorn either and watch it with the wife and kids.

So after seeing this last night I kind of don't want to even think about it for another few days.
I think it's one movie that will get better on repeat viewings.

Suggested other films after seeing this: "Everlasting Moments" and "Poetry".

Feb 14, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #23,533 of 24,615
Venom let there be carnage, apple movies 2021. Oh there was carnage as the entrails of this disaster, ok not near as bad as raccoon city resident evil, but this sad muzzled once interesting cgi filled duopoly finally reached the what the frack state of pass just pass.

Feb 14, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #23,534 of 24,615
Venom let there be carnage, apple movies 2021. Oh there was carnage as the entrails of this disaster, ok not near as bad as raccoon city resident evil, but this sad muzzled once interesting cgi filled duopoly finally reached the what the frack state of pass just pass.

I passed on both because if a Marvel movie has low ratings, it's pretty much guaranteed to be horrible because there's crappy Marvel movies with high ratings (Shang-Chi). So, you can imagine how crappy the ones with REAL (low) ratings are.

I think the only movie I watched despite bad reviews was the Matrix 4, and boy was that a mistake! Just like Star Wars, Nostalgia pulled me firmly. By the 3rd one, I knew I wouldn't fall for it again after the 2nd being such a disaster.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #23,535 of 24,615
King Richard - 9/10

Will Smith got nominated for a Best Actor award for his role in this movie.
I was also surprised to see Jon Bernthal in this (he was Shane in The Walking Dead!) as a a coach.
Really liked this one. Pretty entertaining/fun and it's also worth watching just for the acting.
It would make my day to see Will Smith win an Oscar. He was robbed last time and definitely deserved it more than anyone else IMO.
Yes, there's some very slight overacting in two scenes, but I didn't mind so much.
It's weird watching this because it doesn't feel like that's Will Smith at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back