Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 2, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #23,506 of 24,631
zombies shouldn't be fast. world war Z, and british flick with fast zombies 28 days? dunno that's just not fair
Science goes forward. It´s now known it´s a myth zombies can´t run. What is the point with zombies that makes a lot of sound and can´t walk anyway. So easy to avoid its not like they can handly weapons either. Anyway I am happy the zombie trend have died off so will not see that one.

Not at all impressed by Yellowstone. Just has bad non human characters. If there is a decent character they make sure to get her brain damage by some crazy kid. I loved when it happened because it´s so obvious what the theme of the series is supposed to be. Just plain misery.

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #23,507 of 24,631
There will always be zombie flicks, its the pandemic fodder. enjoying some humor with I zombie season 5 i think. too many series going, we cut back from 10 to 5, finish those then add back the 5 then about a zillion to go. Haven't watched squid, any zombies because, well finished walking dead ....

Feb 2, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #23,508 of 24,631
There will always be zombie flicks, its the pandemic fodder. enjoying some humor with I zombie season 5 i think. too many series going, we cut back from 10 to 5, finish those then add back the 5 then about a zillion to go. Haven't watched squid, any zombies because, well finished walking dead ....
Squid game was insanely overhyped. Its not horrible just dont understand the hype.

Feb 2, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #23,509 of 24,631
I also dont like the fast zombie concept.

Logically, if they were to exist (😂 look at what I'm saying), they would move slow.

But in the end im watching to be entertained. Fast or slow as long as I'm entertained it's all good.

Feb 2, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #23,510 of 24,631
I also dont like the fast zombie concept.

Logically, if they were to exist (😂 look at what I'm saying), they would move slow.

But in the end im watching to be entertained. Fast or slow as long as I'm entertained it's all good.
I've seen lots of Zombie contents represented that way, and Korean movies generally represents them running. I don't see why not if humans can run. If fiction of zombies are in film, why would fast moving make them any more bizarre. I think in the Resident Evil game series they are slow, but for a reason so that that player doesn't get overwhelmed.

The whole point to have them run is obviously to increase the intensity of the situation. Make the thriller thrilling. If they were slow as a slug, it wouldn't be all that exciting.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #23,511 of 24,631
The colony 2021 netflix. Ok so took a flier on this post apocalypse sci fi. Id hate to live in a plant less, dreary, wet, mud bath of a planet, but hey, here we are. Surprisingly it was not a constant brood and finished with hope. The best line is, humanity continued without us just fine, why do we need to repopulate? well yes in the end humanity continues in some semblance of form, and the only problem is well, humanity. I wouldn't recommend it, but not a complete loss. made me watch superstore after for some giggles......

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #23,512 of 24,631
I've seen lots of Zombie contents represented that way, and Korean movies generally represents them running. I don't see why not if humans can run. If fiction of zombies are in film, why would fast moving make them any more bizarre. I think in the Resident Evil game series they are slow, but for a reason so that that player doesn't get overwhelmed.

The whole point to have them run is obviously to increase the intensity of the situation. Make the thriller thrilling. If they were slow as a slug, it wouldn't be all that exciting.
I respectfully disagree, slow zombies are just as exciting and entertaining if not more so than the fast runner zombies.

Theres more of a build up of anticipation with the slow zombies, as they say, sometimes the anticipation of death is worse than death itself.

Kind of cheesy but still one of my favorites.

Feb 7, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #23,513 of 24,631
Dune (2021) - 10/10

This was far better than I expected. I actually loved every minute of it, especially the cinematography and the soundtrack.
I never once felt it was too slow and actually wanted it to never end. I seriously can't wait to see the rest of them.
Hopefully they were already filmed. Not even sure if there is more than 2 parts.
I think i'll actually end up buying the 4k version of this.
BTW during the movie I was thinking about how this movie would have turned out if was directed by someone else.
Would be awful if directed by Christopher Nolan (sorry!) or Disney had gotten a hold of it.
I sort of at one point imagined what a Terrence Malick sci-fi movie would look like. I'm sure it might be similar in style to this.
Seriously I wish there were more sci-fi movies like this.

BTW I should note that Denis Villeneuve is probably my #2 favorite director right now.
Favorite is Hirokazu Kore-Eda and maybe Barry Jenkins at #3.

Ghostbusters: After Life - 4/10

Somehow they managed to make a movie only very slightly better than the last one.
I felt like this was a rush job and they spent only a couple months on a script and called it good.
The characters are all pretty dull overall. Acting is OK. I don't really like any of it's characters. Story is really below average.
The entire movie is actually not much fun, very boring and could use a lot more comedy.
It's pretty sad how the only sort of funny part is how the teacher doesn't actually teach, but just plays his students videos of Cujo and Chucky.
A lot of the storyline makes absolutely no sense at all.
Not even sure of the point of having all the Stay-Puft guys. I guess it was sort of amusing for about 10 seconds.
It took a lot of effort for me to sit through this one. I really tried to enjoy it, but really couldn't.
Do kids actually get entertainment from this and find it fun? That's hard to imagine.

BTW the Stay-Puft scenes reminded me of Gremlins. I just bought a blu-ray set of both movies. I wonder why there was never a part 3? Maybe the 2nd didn't make enough money. I just watched Gremlins for the first time in maybe 15-20 years and felt like some sort of hidden gem I had overlooked for about forever. I never remember it being so good before.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #23,514 of 24,631
Cool wanted to like dune

Feb 8, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #23,515 of 24,631
This one looks fun. I got tired of Toy Story series as it's been done to death. I really don't like a lot of the new Pixar stuff. The most recent Incredibles movies was good, and I hope it's the same here. The cat is pretty funny. I like the bit at the end. lol

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #23,516 of 24,631
No Time to Die - 6/10

Not really worth watching for anything other than the action scenes really.
Too bad Rami Malek was given such a poorly written bad guy role.
I've liked him as an actor ever since "The Pacific".

The shoot-outs felt way too scripted. They did look pretty cool though and camera work was fine.
Sort of felt like I was watching someone playing a (1st person shooter) video game level for the 100th time and he knew every bad guy's position way before hand.

The movie also took me 4 sittings to finish it. Pretty good sign the movie isn't very good.

PS the best action scene was the one in the forest.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #23,517 of 24,631

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #23,518 of 24,631
I stopped watching 007 many years ago. Got old. Mission in Possible is the better interesting concept. That franchise has been going down hill as well. Also, Sneakers or Ocean's 11 will be much more fun than 007 will ever be. Also, Jason Borne. No reason to be interested in 007 after all that.

But, I do think McGuyver is one of the coolest classic protagonist. 007 just too fantasy for my taste. Brits can keep their 007, because we got Mcguyver!

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #23,520 of 24,631
I stopped watching 007 many years ago. Got old. Mission in Possible is the better interesting concept. That franchise has been going down hill as well. Also, Sneakers or Ocean's 11 will be much more fun than 007 will ever be. Also, Jason Borne. No reason to be interested in 007 after all that.

But, I do think McGuyver is one of the coolest classic protagonist. 007 just too fantasy for my taste. Brits can keep their 007, because we got Mcguyver!

I used to watch MacGyver every week when it aired in the 80s. I was probably 7,8 or 9 years old (now 42!).
It used to come on right after church on Wednesday night if I remember right. My Mom, my brother and I would always watch it.
I think this is the only TV we ever watched together as a family every week.
I still have the theme song memorized in my head.

The only episode I still remember is the one where MacGuyver teams up with Murdoc.
It's this one called "Halloween Knights" and had this pretty cool sort of obstacle course in it filled with traps etc.

I sure don't miss all those old square box format TV shows and movies!
Remember when widescreen came out and everyone would complain about those annoying "black bars"?

I always hated those DVDs that were widescreen but stuck into the 4X3 box on my huge TV.
I forget the official name for those. My old DVD of "Breakdown" is like that.
I think it's Anamorphic Widescreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back