Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 14, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #22,666 of 24,599
v1.bTsxMTE3MTk0NTtqOzE4NjI0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA.jpeg

The Blues Brothers (1980): 7.5/10

One of the best films I ever watched after years of delaying doing the same because of my own preconceived notions that turned out to be wrong on watching finally. Irreverence, individualism and cool factor at their best -can't believe Mr.Belushi passed away at such a young an age and after making so few films. But then don't we all wish James Dean too did a few more films (and lived a few more years) than just those 3 fantastic films he did before crashing his car?

Sep 16, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #22,668 of 24,599

Of all the films I watched on music/musicians/artists, "Amadeus" is perhaps the greatest of all. Can't believe someone (Milos Forman) can actually make once-in-a-lifetime kind of greatest film twice in a single decade: "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" (8.5/10) in 1975 followed by "Amadeus" in 1984.

Amadeus is one of my all time very favorite movies, I have watched it over and over again. I must have watched it at least a dozen times. It is such a good movie, great soundtrack and excellent storyline. (even for non classical lovers)

When faced with the greatness of Mozart, court composer Salieri was faced with his own mediocrity and his own demons of envy and revenge. Highly recommended!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #22,669 of 24,599
Amadeus is one of my all time very favorite movies, I have watched it over and over again. I must have watched it at least a dozen times. It is such a good movie, great soundtrack and excellent storyline. (even for non classical lovers)

When faced with the greatness of Mozart, court composer Salieri was faced with his own mediocrity and his own demons of envy and revenge. Highly recommended!

Indeed, yes. And it was the first time I realized one can actually play a character with negative shades and win an Oscar for the same beating the guy that played the cool hero figure in the same film. F.Murray Abraham was sublime in Salieri's role.

9ed5bb64e7fbac5456d8880c98ea0770.jpg

Sep 16, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #22,670 of 24,599
Indeed, yes. And it was the first time I realized one can actually play a character with negative shades and win an Oscar for the same beating the guy that played the cool hero figure in the same film. F.Murray Abraham was sublime in Salieri's role.

9ed5bb64e7fbac5456d8880c98ea0770.jpg

Agreed! And that was one of the many great lines in the movie! It almost brings chills to my spine.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #22,671 of 24,599
Oldboy (2003) : 10/10

It's not the first time i watch it but it is one of those rare movies i keep coming back once a year or so. The film was beautifully shot, with great foreshadowing and tiny details that connect or relate to the story and characters. I can write more but in short after watching the remake (2013) i only realized how worse the remake is and how superior of a cinematography experience the original Oldboy was.

Sep 17, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #22,672 of 24,599
v1.bTsxMTE3MTk0NTtqOzE4NjI0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA.jpeg

The Blues Brothers (1980): 7.5/10

One of the best films I ever watched after years of delaying doing the same because of my own preconceived notions that turned out to be wrong on watching finally. Irreverence, individualism and cool factor at their best -can't believe Mr.Belushi passed away at such a young an age and after making so few films. But then don't we all wish James Dean too did a few more films (and lived a few more years) than just those 3 fantastic films he did before crashing his car?
One thing that I've learned from the Blues Brothers.. even if you're broke and your house has been turned to rubble, you'll still find a purpose to live. Of course, it helps that you have some form of inherent talent, and a supportive crew, to boot! :wink:

But, yeah, it is a fine movie.

Sep 17, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #22,673 of 24,599
Mulan

Hey, it's not half as bad as I'd thought it'd be. Certain things have changed from the animated film, thus losing some aspects of the Mulan charm, but you'll need to tweak a little to fit the narrative required for a live-action film. The story is still decent enough.

7/10

MV5BNDliY2E1MjUtNzZkOS00MzJlLTgyOGEtZDg4MTI1NzZkMTBhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjMwMzc3MjE@._V1_.jpg

Sep 20, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #22,674 of 24,599
I haven't been watching movies lately due to crappy new release contents these days. I got some interest in TENET when it releases on streaming, but not reading anything good on the movie.

I've been watching some TV, and one show that got my interest is Raised by Wolves directed by Ridley Scott. Another android theme by Ridley Scott and it's slow and boring so far, and it seems like it will nowhere.

Since I liked The Boys season 1, I will check out season 2 to see if it's any good.

I've been into video games lately, and I would highley recommend a movie like video game called The Last of US. There's 1 and 2 out currently, and it's better directed than majority of the current movies out there.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #22,675 of 24,599
I haven't been watching movies lately due to crappy new release contents these days. I got some interest in TENET when it releases on streaming, but not reading anything good on the movie.

I've been watching some TV, and one show that got my interest is Raised by Wolves directed by Ridley Scott. Another android theme by Ridley Scott and it's slow and boring so far, and it seems like it will nowhere.

Since I liked The Boys season 1, I will check out season 2 to see if it's any good.

I've been into video games lately, and I would highley recommend a movie like video game called The Last of US. There's 1 and 2 out currently, and it's better directed than majority of the current movies out there.
Tend to agree with you-not much going on really-ive watched much of the good stuff-trying movies and turning off half way through.
tried r with w-didnt like.
Have you watched sopranos.breaking bad and the wire ?

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #22,676 of 24,599
Tend to agree with you-not much going on really-ive watched much of the good stuff-trying movies and turning off half way through.
tried r with w-didnt like.
Have you watched sopranos.breaking bad and the wire ?
I finished Breaking Bad when it was still on air. It was good times for TV when Breaking Bad was airing, I was always looking forward to each episodes during the last two season. Best show ever for me.

Only other show I looked forward to was Lost, but that show went nowhere after awhile and became one of the biggest disappointment on TV.

For Breaking Bad, you have to stick with it past 1st Season to get the story going. It will be kinda boring in the beginning, but the payoff will start coming up after you get through it.

I found Game of Thrones boring the beginning, but got better starting season 3.

I tried watching Sopranos, but couldn't get into it at the time. I wasn't much into mobster stuff, but it has changed recently with whatching Martin Scorsese movies like Good Fellas, which was an excellent movie. Still have no interest in Sopranos for some reason as it seem different from Godfather or Good Fellas.

I saw the highly acclaimed The Wire as well, but it really bored me. I couldn't follow the dialog very well. I believe some people not acquainted with real street talk and cop talk, would have to watch it more than once to register the dialog. From what I understand the dialog was crafted to represent real life, but that can be debatable because I'm familiar with street talk, but not cop talk. I can tell if dialog seems real life, it didn't seem that realistic to me, but the sequence of how dialog came about didn't help with story sequencing, which I believe was the real problem.

Only show I'm currently into is The Boys on Amazon. I don't like majority of the content on Amazon Prime, and The Boys is the first that got me interested. I'm not into Netflix either. HBO has the best quality content IMO.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #22,677 of 24,599
I finished Breaking Bad when it was still on air. It was good times for TV when Breaking Bad was airing, I was always looking forward to each episodes during the last two season. Best show ever for me.

Only other show I looked forward to was Lost, but that show went nowhere after awhile and became one of the biggest disappointment on TV.

For Breaking Bad, you have to stick with it past 1st Season to get the story going. It will be kinda boring in the beginning, but the payoff will start coming up after you get through it.

I found Game of Thrones boring the beginning, but got better starting season 3.

I tried watching Sopranos, but couldn't get into it at the time. I wasn't much into mobster stuff, but it has changed recently with whatching Martin Scorsese movies like Good Fellas, which was an excellent movie. Still have no interest in Sopranos for some reason as it seem different from Godfather or Good Fellas.

I saw the highly acclaimed The Wire as well, but it really bored me. I couldn't follow the dialog very well. I believe some people not acquainted with real street talk and cop talk, would have to watch it more than once to register the dialog. From what I understand the dialog was crafted to represent real life, but that can be debatable because I'm familiar with street talk, but not cop talk. I can tell if dialog seems real life, it didn't seem that realistic to me, but the sequence of how dialog came about didn't help with story sequencing, which I believe was the real problem.

Only show I'm currently into is The Boys on Amazon. I don't like majority of the content on Amazon Prime, and The Boys is the first that got me interested. I'm not into Netflix either. HBO has the best quality content IMO.
GOT was decent but the last series left a lot to be desired.
The wire is hard to follow and got a bit daft near the end.
Ill check the boys out.
check out source code and coherence-time loop type films

Sep 28, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #22,678 of 24,599
Cobra Kai (Season 1) - 7/10

Really bad acting overall (except for Daniel, he was OK), but I found this pretty entertaining at least.
Kind of felt they spent too much time on the whole bullying thing.
It's suppose to be a comedy, but I didn't find it really funny.

Away - 3/10

This is one of the newest Netflix shows and I can't believe how terrible this is.
I mean it's not just bad, but actually painful to sit through. It took several attempts to just to finish some of the episodes.
So far i'm on episode 5 or so and am not so sure I can finish. Normally I would not rate a TV show without finishing it.
The story is supposed to be about a mission to Mars but instead they turn it into a soap opera and focus on that about 90% of the time.
At times it feels like we're watching the main character talk on the cell phone (from the Moon!) the whole time to deal with what's happening at home.
Then you have some of the absolutely worst acting you'll ever see in a TV show. I mean it's so bad it's just cringe-worthy to watch.
The the script's dialogue..don't get me started.

PS I also finished Breaking Bad Seasons 1-5 AGAIN.
Still am now 100% sure that "Better Call Saul" is by far the better show.
Better everything really. They are very different though.
Don't hate me for saying this, but "Breaking Bad" season 5 was the worst of the series.
Yes, it's still very good, but I would have written it very differently and had a better ending.
There's also too many variations in the series with how Mr White acts.
I get the whole alter-ego thing, but it's not very convincing.
He wasn't even some huge drug lord early on and suddenly everyone is afraid of him?
I never really understood why Mr White treated Jesse like crap 90% of the time.
Then he goes home and is like a completely different person.
It is kind of weird seeing how likable they made some of the characters despite them being really terrible people.
If you've seen "Better Call Saul" you'll realize Mike is no good guy either and will murder anyone if his boss tells him to.

PS my favorite story-line in the two shows is the conflict between Chuck and his brother James McGill (aka Saul Goodman). Also like the characters of Kim Wexler and Howard Hamlin (!).

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #22,679 of 24,599
Cobra Kai (Season 1) - 7/10

Really bad acting overall (except for Daniel, he was OK), but I found this pretty entertaining at least.
Kind of felt they spent too much time on the whole bullying thing.
It's suppose to be a comedy, but I didn't find it really funny.

Away - 3/10

This is one of the newest Netflix shows and I can't believe how terrible this is.
I mean it's not just bad, but actually painful to sit through. It took several attempts to just to finish some of the episodes.
So far i'm on episode 5 or so and am not so sure I can finish. Normally I would not rate a TV show without finishing it.
The story is supposed to be about a mission to Mars but instead they turn it into a soap opera and focus on that about 90% of the time.
At times it feels like we're watching the main character talk on the cell phone (from the Moon!) the whole time to deal with what's happening at home.
Then you have some of the absolutely worst acting you'll ever see in a TV show. I mean it's so bad it's just cringe-worthy to watch.
The the script's dialogue..don't get me started.

PS I also finished Breaking Bad Seasons 1-5 AGAIN.
Still am now 100% sure that "Better Call Saul" is by far the better show.
Better everything really. They are very different though.
Don't hate me for saying this, but "Breaking Bad" season 5 was the worst of the series.
Yes, it's still very good, but I would have written it very differently and had a better ending.
There's also too many variations in the series with how Mr White acts.
I get the whole alter-ego thing, but it's not very convincing.
He wasn't even some huge drug lord early on and suddenly everyone is afraid of him?
I never really understood why Mr White treated Jesse like crap 90% of the time.
Then he goes home and is like a completely different person.
It is kind of weird seeing how likable they made some of the characters despite them being really terrible people.
If you've seen "Better Call Saul" you'll realize Mike is no good guy either and will murder anyone if his boss tells him to.

PS my favorite story-line in the two shows is the conflict between Chuck and his brother James McGill (aka Saul Goodman). Also like the characters of Kim Wexler and Howard Hamlin (!).
Cobra Kai is corney as hell. I'm a fan of Karate Kit, and not Cobra Kai.

I'm sorry Better Call Saul a better show? That's a good one. Lol

Sep 28, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #22,680 of 24,599
Documental (Season 1) - 6/10

Documental (Season 2 and 3) - 9/10

Found this out of nowhere and glad I did!
It's actually a Japanese comedy series that Amazon picked up and made as an exclusive.

In this show they hired about 8 or 10 comedians.
The winner gets about 1 million yen I believe.

They have to spend 6 hours in a room and try to get rid of the competition by making them laugh.
The hard part is that you can't laugh at your own jokes or even smile.

A lot of the comedy in this Japanese series went WAY over my head. I didn't get the references to people they were making. It's also subtitled in English.

Pretty crazy show, but not good for those who are offended very easy!

They basically can do anything they want for a laugh.

Tootsie - 10/10

Rated this one before I think?
Still think it's one of the best comedies ever made.
Watched this today and it doesn't get old.
Have to say though that it's theme song is really terrible (the love song).

I also watched "Rain Man" yesterday and easily a 10 for me too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back