Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 24, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #18,601 of 24,615

OT again. Sorry.

I think the differnce is Blatter misappropriated funds and that raised the ire of the masses and brought the legal hornets down on him.  The UCI was complicit in ignoring tests to bring more money into the sport.

@Redcarmoose. If you raced against pros then you know well how hard and far these guys will go to win a race. Multiply that by about a 1000 and the pressure of being on a front running team must be incredible. Being told flat out you will never win without doping is a very cold dose of reality to swallow indeed.

I raced with Category 2s and 3s in their off season messing around time. I tried to get "fixed-up" and make the whole group look bad. Little did I know that in such a situation cycling becomes a contact sport. They will do anything to win and care more about it than life itself. Amazing in a way, if you think about it. I was a middle-class working guy who rode a ton and became super fast in my mid-twenties. To attempt to win a casual week-end race with them was my farthest of causing trouble in the sport. lol

Sorry for OT stuff, I'll go away now.

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #18,602 of 24,615
No need.:)  There is a good reason I still ride 40cm bars to this day
wink.gif

After Death.    4/10

Aptly named film. One of the "what if" premise films that really never takes off. A few rewrites may have fleshed this one out but as it sits it comes off as intentionally ambiguous with a surprise ending that really isn't. Stylishly shot, the acting really is mediocre cable fare level. You can miss this one and sleep securely knowing that you have saved time for a film of better quality.

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #18,603 of 24,615
Man from Uncle... This is just not my type of film. It was okay in the beginning but quickly lost interest. Tinker Soldier Spy type of booring... I guess you must have born up with this to enjoy it. enjoyment factor is lower then the quality of the movie 3/10.

Nightcrawler next

Jan 25, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #18,604 of 24,615
Nightcrawler 9/10. 

This was a great watch. So with it´s time with todays mobile cameras and all the  awfulness that brings. Know nothing about the character I expected some another marvel super hero movie...
Made it doubly great. Jake Gyllenhaal is like made for this so creepy realistic picture of a pure psycopath it´s insane. 

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #18,605 of 24,615
Right on the money twice (with the exception of Tinker Tailor... quite liked that and don't get the comparison). I was around for the original UNCLE and still thought the film was 2 hours too long and cast by blind lemur.

Gyllenhall is always awesome as a nutter. Seems Donnie Darko seeped into him a way back when:wink:

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #18,606 of 24,615
  Nightcrawler 9/10. 

This was a great watch. So with it´s time with todays mobile cameras and all the  awfulness that brings. Know nothing about the character I expected some another marvel super hero movie...
Made it doubly great. Jake Gyllenhaal is like made for this so creepy realistic picture of a pure psycopath it´s insane. 

oooh yea Nightcrawler was very enjoyable, I actually wanted it to be a super hero movie, an honestly I'm kinda glad it wasn't!

Sad news, I just spent like 45 mins with Tony Jaa's Protector 2 :/ it was kinda disappointing

The first one... well it was a while ago and they did so much RIGHT with it! Yea it was a B Movie, but it was action! That was it, the second one has WAY to much crappy CGI imo :/ they re did a lot of the stunts to be... more "epic" I guess but they just felt cheap compared to the original! Really guys less is more, an even worse Tony's starting to age... even his action scenes aren't what they were... but honestly that's ok. Jackie Chan in Legend of the Drunken Master was excellent, and now he does a lot of comedy. I can live with that, as an actor he's well really well balanced and I'm diggin him for how he's progressed over the years

I worry though, since Tony just... so... freaking raw he's well already burned out :/ either way, Watch Ong Bak Thai Warrior, and the 1st Protector if you in the mood for action!

I also Did
Ip Man: The Final Fight... terrible plot awesome everything else! Really this one was enjoyable! They even take a rather funny jab at wireFu. If your a fan of the franchise this one's worth watching. Gives us a little insight on Ip, and the fight scenes are just as epic as always. I really enjoy the Ip Man franchise for that... the story's always meh, there's rarely any CGI but the actions always amazing and they always have a little touch of comedy! I like that ^^

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #18,607 of 24,615
Run all night... Typical Liam Neeson movie at this point but he is perfecting his craft :wink:

Joel Kinnaman dunno is it just me or is he a horrendous actor? Thankfully he don´t play an important part 8/10.

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #18,608 of 24,615
The Big Short ( 2015) 8/10

Entertaining despite it's potentially dry subject. Hollywood director's are lucky that American life has an universal appeal and significance. Because artistic qualities of the film were of a TV series. You can compare it with the 'Office' where Steve CarelI also played one of the main roles. But I remember watching Dardennes' 'Two Days, One Night' where cinematography was very simple but the story was so masterfully told it was a real small masterpiece. I can't say the same about The Big Short. Also anti-Wall Street pathos of the film doesn't really work nowadays when dollar smashes all other national currencies and when 2007 crisis is almost forgotten. 

Jan 27, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #18,609 of 24,615
The fifth Wave (2016)     2/10

The latest entry in the HungyDivergentMockingGames scenario. Teen angst never looked better Than Cloe Grace Moritz who manages a perfect coiff and manicure all through the film. Alien baddies take over earth in a start that looks Independence Day and falls flat on its face (farce) from there.  One would have to be numb on both ends to find any plausibility in this transparent plot. Theres the shame. Given a half talented writing staff who had actually manged to get past the Fifth Grade, it could have been a decent sci fi actioner. A sort of (original) Red Dawn with aliens kind of thing. Instead we get something so foolhardy and childish you could actually hear the pregnant lady's unborn fetus groaning in disappointment in the row behind.

Parents, If you want to punish your children, forget grounding them and force them to sit through this film.

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #18,610 of 24,615
  The fifth Wave (2016)     2/10

The latest entry in the HungyDivergentMockingGames scenario. Teen angst never looked better Than Cloe Grace Moritz who manages a perfect coiff and manicure all through the film. Alien baddies take over earth in a start that looks Independence Day and falls flat on its face (farce) from there.  One would have to be numb on both ends to find any plausibility in this transparent plot. Theres the shame. Given a half talented writing staff who had actually manged to get past the Fifth Grade, it could have been a decent sci fi actioner. A sort of (original) Red Dawn with aliens kind of thing. Instead we get something so foolhardy and childish you could actually hear the pregnant lady's unborn fetus groaning in disappointment in the row behind.

Parents, If you want to punish your children, forget grounding them and force them to sit through this film.

Line of the week so far 
biggrin.gif

Sounds like drek - surprised you even saw this @Hutnicks, doesn't sound like your cup of tea on the face of it!

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #18,611 of 24,615

Line of the week so far 
biggrin.gif

Sounds like drek - surprised you even saw this @Hutnicks, doesn't sound like your cup of tea on the face of it!

I was overwhelmed by the actual sci fi element and non dystopia angle. Either that or just lost my mind all together. An alien invasion that pits humans against each other without their knowing it has great potential.

But no, we get the very epitome of drek here. Not even bad enough to be comedy.

Jan 27, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #18,612 of 24,615
The Raid Retaliation

2/10. Badly coreographed fighting scenes annoying to see they take deliberate airswings misses open goals and swing bats like toothpicks. Coreography otherwise is good. The translation was probably totally horrid the script can´t be that bad. 
I don´t understand why this had to be 150 minutes long?

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #18,613 of 24,615
The Revenant 6/10. Oh man this movie was beautifully shot but a huge snore fest! Nothing is wrong with a slow pace in a movie but something interesting needs to happening to justify it. I can only watch a man drag his bloody broken body for so long. The movie had a great opening and an awesome ending but the middle was almost unbearable (no pun intended)

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #18,614 of 24,615
The Revenant 6/10. Oh man this movie was beautifully shot but a huge snore fest! Nothing is wrong with a slow pace in a movie but something interesting needs to happening to justify it. I can only watch a man drag his bloody broken body for so long. The movie had a great opening and an awesome ending but the middle was almost unbearable (no pun intended)

This is the first negative I have seen someone be.

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #18,615 of 24,615
Star Wars: The Force Awakens 2/10

Overly copied from all the previous series. Millenium Falcon? Death Star Part 3? First planet similar to Tatooine again? Droid entrusted with holding some secret? Reactor scene with a father trying to convert the son on a precarious ledge? Seriously I could go on forever.

OP flying scenes and ultra fake physics. The scene at the forest planet with the Rebel fighter shooting down like 10 Tie Fighters in a row making all sorts of crazy movements made me cringe so much.

Kylo Ren is a terrible villain that's the furthest thing from a bad guy. He's such a joke really.

The new music evokes no emotion in me I'm sorry.

A new canon that invalidates nearly everything. Nuff said.

And a whole lot more wrong with the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back