1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rate The Last Movie You Watched

First

Back
489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498
500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509
Next

Last
  1. Proglover
    Get Low 6.5

Robert Duvall's a great actor

2. Kirosia
    Faster - 6.5/10 

Mindless, predictable, but still a fairly fun ride. And the film did at least try to have some overarching moral to it. 

3. xXFallenAngelXx
    Sherlock Holmes 9.5/10- Just bought it on blu ray and I am loving it..can't wait for the sequel

4. Dzjudz

Not only did I think that movie was terribly bad (I think I rated it a 1 or 2), but have you seen the movie poster / DVD cover?

[​IMG]

I know they like to photoshop faces, but it seems they first photoshopped her face and then put that on a whole CGI body. I mean, seriously?

It's right up there with the Bill Murray Groundhog Day atrocity:

[​IMG]

Maybe an idea for a new thread.

5. tdockweiler
    Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo - 7/10

The first hour is absolutely awful and just as bad as the start of the Pearl Harbor movie. The characters are just so phony and act like they're in "Leave it to Beaver".
    The women in the movie is the most annoying over-actor I've seen in awhile. At times I felt like I was watching a soap opera. Luckily once they all get up in the air it gets better and somehow
    redeems itself. In case anyone didn't know, this is about the Doolittle Raid, which was us dropping bombs over Japanese cities after Pearl Harbor. I think it's safe to say it's probably more accurate than
    Pearl Harbor.

One thing I found interesting, is that one of the men who was captured and tortured by the Japanese, eventually became a missionary and formed a church in the city he bombed. It's really an interesting read:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_DeShazer
    He even later became friends with Captain Mitsuo Fuchida who became a christian and previously led the attack on Pearl Harbor. Hard to believe. Both of them even preached together!

The Dam Busters - 9/10

Very good British war movie that seems to be nearly unknown in the USA.

6. virometal Contributor
    Dzjudz:

I'll add another all time classic:

prettywomanl.jpg

7. DLeeWebb Contributor
    "Secretariat" [6.1/10]: I wanted "Seabiscuit" and I got a made for T.V. movie with poor racing scenes, crowd scenes, and stilted dialogue. I would rate it much worse but the basic story is good. It's definitely no "Seabiscuit!"

8. David
    Sherlock Holmes seems to be getting a good press.

Seen it. Not bad.

I'd very highly recommend the (Cumberpatch / Freeman) BBC TV series.

9. sysfail
    The Green Hornet. 6/10. It's nothing really special.

10. gopack87
    The Social Network 9/10
    I don't even like Facebook but this was an incredibly well made film.  Loved "Baby You're a Rich Man" by The Beatles playing at the end

11. Proglover
    Megamind, 7

Funny and original, yet not a masterpiece like some Pixar or Dreamworks are.
    Will Ferrell's voice works great for this.

12. dscythe
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, 6/10 for the movie overall 7/10 for Sean Connery being awesome

13. KevDo
    The Kids Are All Right - 7/10

Was pretty good although some of it pretty predictable. One part of the directing/cinematography I like, was very well done, I was scared!, didn't know what was going to happen. I wont tell you about it as I don't want to spoil it but you'll know when you see it.

14. addo
    Shutter island- 8.5/10

right after watching, i was like What? so it took a little bit of time to digest, but all in all its a pretty solid Scorsese film.

Blazing Saddles-9.5/10

Hilarious, and trend-setting in its genre... a movie that could have only been made in the 70s, and there is pretty much a joke in every line. I could watch it 20 more times and it wouldnt get old.

Barton Fink-8/10

Definitely an odd ball movie that also puts a What symbol in your forehead once or twice, but comes together and finishes up pretty nicely.

15. SoupRKnowva
    Welcome to the Riley's 3/5

not gonna lie i only got it cause i heard that Kristen Stewart played a stripper. unfortunately it was mainly about this older guy that was trying to save her. it wasnt bad, just nothing special. entertaining enough i guess

First

Back
489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498
500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509
Next

Last