Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 31, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #7,400 of 24,632
Red - 8/10

Just watched this last night. Really enjoyed it. Stars Bruce Willis.  

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #7,401 of 24,632
Schindler's List - 9.5/10

Plan on watching "Night and Fog" and "Shoah" this week also. I haven't seen Schindler's List in nearly 10 years, so this time it was even better.

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #7,403 of 24,632

Quote:
Apocalypse now redux- 8/10

A classic, a bit on the long side, but kept me on my seat for the 3 hour and 15 min duration.

I watched the Redux also for the first time and I have a hard time sitting still for over 3 hours. In the end it was worth it, but I rather see the original version.

Jan 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #7,404 of 24,632
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman In Zack Snyder's Reboot

one reboot after another...

cavillsuperman.jpg

Nolan is going to "have a lot of creative input" in the projejct... so that's a good sign. Maybe it will be sort of a Superman version of his Batman films - with Zach Snyder visual style. Starting to sound good... 

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #7,405 of 24,632
^ I'm skeptical. First, I bet Nolan's name is a cash in, and the "creative input" is bogus. CN probably has some kind of back end deal going. Second, I don't like the idea of Snyder with a coffee table franchise such as Superman. I like the guy, own all his movies on disc but think this style is a bit, well juvenile. Maybe that's the point though. The bean counters want the kids, which Snyder will deliver. Five minutes in, we'll have the slow mo, then speed up action shot, all the while wind flutters Lois Lane's skirt, exposing a thong. 

Hope I'm wrong of course. I would love a killer Superman reboot, esp. after the yuk last attempt. That was a dreadful exercise.

--

I watched a lovely little Mexican slice of life piece by the name of Alamar.. It chronicles a time between divorced, earthen father and son, before the child and mother leave to make a new life in Rome. It's a threadbare piece, borderline documentary. The viewer is set adrift in the world of native fisherman and their simple way of life. Pretty fascinating, if one is to that sort of thing. 7/10

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #7,406 of 24,632
Red - 5/10

Hated every minute of this movie. I was pretty close to turning it off. I'm not too picky either. I'm not saying it's bad, just didn't like it. Isn't this based off a comic book? Maybe that's why. I usually hate most of them.
Even "The Losers". Good thing i'm not a movie critic..

Sea Wolves - 7/10

Many scenes seem pointless and serve no real purpose for the movie. This is an old Gregory Peck war movie. Worth sitting through for the last half an hour. Basically it made me want to watch "The Guns of Navarone" again.
This is one of the few movies I think i've seen in the past, but have totally forgotten about.

Feb 1, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #7,408 of 24,632

Quote:
^ I'm skeptical. First, I bet Nolan's name is a cash in, and the "creative input" is bogus. CN probably has some kind of back end deal going. Second, I don't like the idea of Snyder with a coffee table franchise such as Superman. I like the guy, own all his movies on disc but think this style is a bit, well juvenile. Maybe that's the point though. The bean counters want the kids, which Snyder will deliver. Five minutes in, we'll have the slow mo, then speed up action shot, all the while wind flutters Lois Lane's skirt, exposing a thong. 

Hope I'm wrong of course. I would love a killer Superman reboot, esp. after the yuk last attempt. That was a dreadful exercise.

Nolan isn't directing it, but the whole concept of the film is rooted in the idea that David Goyer pitched to Nolan, which Nolan pitched to WB. Considering that Goyer and Nolan have collaborated for the entire Batman reboot, it's very likely that Nolan has had and will continue to have a significant influence on how the characters are going to be portrayed and how the story will develop... especially considering that the screenwriting team for this film is the same team that wrote Nolan's Batman series: That would be David Goyer and Jonathan Nolan.

Snyder is directing it; but he wasn't there at the birth of the project, so he'll more or less just be executing Goyer and Nolan's vision of this Superman. What vision or idea that is, we have no clue yet, but considering what they did with the Batman franchise, I'm all for them doing this.

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #7,409 of 24,632
That is exactly the reason I'm skeptical about that credit. To me, C. Nolan aligned a handshake. Will get a cut, and now Warner Bro's will use his name in promotion. I read nothing there to dissuade me of that. Maybe I'm just too cynical. 

The point about Goyer is well taken. He is highly regarded. I have enjoyed most everything he has been associated with. Snyder, eh you know my opine. It would be good if WB reigns him in a bit and not let Superman become merely Super Punch. Ha, get it! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back