1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rate The Last Movie You Watched

First

Back
1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488
1490 1491 1492 1493
Next

Last
  1. tdockweiler
    Cold Pursuit - 4.5/10

I kind of expected a little more from this. Looked like it might be worth watching and I liked the director's previous films.
    The movie tried to be funny, but it's really not. I guess I did laugh at 3 different parts of it.
    I never really understand why director's try to make death scenes funny.
    I guess it can be done, but most of the time it's not worth it.

Fear the Walking Dead (Season 5) - 9.5/10

Yes, I loved this season and I know most people hate it or find it boring.
    I actually disliked this series until they brought in Morgan starting with Season 4.
    The only episode I really disliked was the camping and mountain climbing episode with only two characters in it and some REALLY bad acting.

PS The Walking Dead's Season 10 episode 1 was really terrible IMO. I know it will get better.
    I was definitely glad Season 9 was an improvement over Seasons 7 and 8. Those were pretty bad overall.

Game of Thrones (Season 8) - 9/10

Yeah I had no problems with this season. No major complaints.
    It's strange how I didn't like this series much until Season 6.
    I think that is when they ran out of material from the book?
    I'm rewatching Season 1 and I think my score of 5.5/10 is pretty accurate for me.
    I just find that I dislike the acting, characters and find the storyline really boring.
    It's better if you fast forward the dragon lady's scenes!
    All the sex/nudity in this show just seems out of place and really pointless.
    They seem to have cut back on that in later seasons.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. DLeeWebb Contributor
    Cold Pursuit [7.8/10]: I obviously liked it more than you td. I absolutely expected a film along the lines of "Taken," "The Commuter" or Liam Neeson's other recent films. It wasn't that. I looked at it as an attempt at "Fargo." If "Fargo" was going through the director's mind, he fell far short from that lofty goal. However, for an HBO Saturday night film, I kind of liked it...

3. Zojokkeli
    I haven’t watched Cold Pursuit, but the original Norwegian version Kraftidioten was great.

4. SilverEars
    Although I can understand getting interesting around season 6 as the 'payoff' of the seasons of character developments unfolds later. 'Red wedding' wasn't an interesting turn of event? I thought that was when things started cooking.

It's unusual to rate season 8 that high. Season 8 is regarded as the season the writers ruined the seasons of story development.

The moment I realized 'Hodor' was really oddly interesting. I thought it was silly, but still clever in a odd way.

I think it's one of the most interesting show ever produced. Probably my fav HBO show.

5. wuwhere Contributor
    In The Shadow Of The Moon, 2019 - 7.27

6. BBGirl
    its like a Movie Everyday in California , how do you rate this?

7. tdockweiler
    Escape Plan - 4/10

I don't think I could come up with anything good about this movie other than it was free with ads.
    Bad everything and not even really that entertaining.
    You also get some of the worst acting there is.

It's hard to believe this is actually a trilogy! I've read it was a box office failure in the USA but did well overseas.
    How do you even make a bad prison or POW camp escape movie?
    It seems nearly impossible.

Well I guess there is "Escape at Dannemora". Most boring prison escape movie ever made.
    That was a 2 hour story stretched out to 7 1/2 hours.

8. Double-A
    Just got finished watching . . .

Midsommar: F Grade

Garbage, utter garbage. Midsommar is just 2 hours of evil pagan rituals put on film. I'm not sure how that constitutes a film, much less one that gets lauded by critics. But hey, maybe I'm just missing something.

A24's films have always been very hit or miss. This was, most definitely, a miss. I saw the director's first film Hereditary and wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but decided to give his sophomore effort a try, being a fan of the horror genre. Definitely not going to be watching his third movie after 2 straight misses.

9. Svafrlami
    Strip Club Massacre (2017): rating: 3 or 4/10

Only due to some parts being entertaining because of how bad the movie was in general.

10. BBGirl
    **** Magic Mike **** 100%

11. tdockweiler
    Speed - 9/10

Possibly one of the most entertaining movies ever made IMO.
    I wish there were more movies like this though.
    Only negative really is that Sandra Bullock's acting could have been a little better.
    There's also some really stupid dialogue towards the end. Most lines from Dennis Hopper at the end.
    Anyone remember the sequel? I saw that in the theater and was one of the very few movies I wanted to walk out of.
    I only did that twice in my life and it was for "Godzilla" and "10,000 BC". Strangely, I tend to like the directors movies and he made both of them!

The Fugitive - 10/10

One of my favorites. Not in my top 10 list, but close.
    I think i've now seen it at least 20+ times.

El Camino: Breaking Bad movie - 9/10

No complaints about it. I really liked this and not much I would have changed.
    Kind of a downer and it's tone reminded me of something like "Railway Man" (near perfect movie about PTSD etc).
    I actually subscribed to Netflix again just for this. Felt it would have been worth seeing in the theater for $12.
    Netflix seems so disappointing now though after having HBO Now for the last few months.
    One the best shows on there was "Narcos" season 1,2. Looking forward to new seasons of "The Ultimate Beastmaster" too, which most people have probably not heard of.

Also currently addicted to "Designated Survivor" season 1. Never saw "24" before at all and so far I like this.
    Nothing amazing, but enough to want to keep watching. So far maybe a 8.5/10

Too bad "The Walking Dead" season 10 is really bad so far. Hated the first two episodes. Season 9 was really good.
    Somehow "Fear the Walking Dead" season 5 I liked more than the last 3 seasons of TWD. I know many people hate it.
    If you don't like Morgan's character, you won't like Season 5 I think. Dwight was a good addition to the cast.

12. kid vic
    John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum- 10/10

I think the only way to not enjoy this movie is to go into it expecting more than just violence and enough words to chain together fight scenes. I think this is the first movie to add attack dogs to fight choreography and imo it was pretty impressive.

13. tdockweiler
    Designated Survivor (Season 1) - 7.75/10

This show was so good until they got to episode 16 or so and totally lost focus.
    They instead wasted so much time on the president trying to pass gun law bills and politics.
    This is why I sometimes hate super long TV shows with a connected storyline.
    They run out of good ideas and pad the running time with non-sense we don't care about in a TV show.

Episodes 1-16 or so were so good that I was watching 3-4 episodes per day.
    They would always leave you hanging and wanting to see what happens next.

In the later episodes the most important parts of the story are given just 2-3 minutes at a time before cutting back to something less important.
    This was super annoying really.

If things didn't fall apart towards the last half, this series would have gotten a 9/10 easily.

PS I like the FBI team of Hannah Wells and Jason Atwood. Too bad the producers didn't give them enough screen time later on.

I didn't read any reviews of this show at all, but I hope seasons 2 and 3 are a little better.

Also, hard to believe this is 21 episodes of 45 minutes! I don't ever remember a series being this long before!

Another similar but better show is "Jack Ryan" which is on Amazon Prime. Haven't seen season 2 yet though.

Fear the Walking Dead (Season 5) - 9.5/10

Some would say it's crazy to rate this season this high.
    I actually loved it and there was only one episode I didn't like.
    I actually think it's even better than The Walking Dead Season 9!
    Some think the producers ruined the show starting with Season 4, but I actually think it improved.
    I'm one of the rare people who actually disliked Seasons 1 to 3.
    It only got good when Morgan and Dwight showed up.
    Can't say it enough though, if you dislike Morgan you might not like the last 2 seasons.
    I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead and think i've seen each season maybe 5 times now.
    My favorite is actually Season 2.
    It's a good show to watch even if you're like me and hate horror movies.
    Too bad it went downhill a LOT for season 7 and 8.

14. castleofargh Contributor
    I prefer my zombies dead 28 days later. or even better, stories that don't last enough to make me wonder where they get the energy to keep moving. I could look past that nonsense if only they came up with a concept of zombies that isn't just a disease in an otherwise very real and normal world.
    when in game of thrones I first read about zombies who lived in the cold and waited for the world to get colder and then invade it, my facepalm meter maxed out. but then Martin cames up with good old
    [​IMG]
    and I was like "oh, ok, it's magic, fine then".
    I'm not asking for a lot, just events that are somehow coherent with the world the story is supposed to be unfolding in.

I watched Screamers yesterday. I really didn't remember it as being such a low budget movie. when it came out it really marked me, but now, beside how I love robocop, no matter his role, I find it hard to say that it's a good movie. and at the same time I still think at the back of my head that it's a pure classic. I'm really conflicted on this. old me 7/10, and new me, 4/10 but still happy to have seen it again somehow.

15. SilverEars
    I'm a fan of this classic as well. I thought Sandra Bullock really shined with her role in this one, but Keanu Reaves was still a robotic actor back then.

We really don't get action movies that anymore.

First

Back
1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488
1490 1491 1492 1493
Next

Last