1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rate The Last Movie You Watched

1. Redcarmoose
    Starting the well neglected Joan Crawford films!

BobG55 likes this.
  2. castleofargh Contributor
    "...Joan Crawford has risen, from the graaaaaaave
    no, no no no, no no no no no no no no... "

BobG55 likes this.
  3. SilverEars
    spider man far from home - (6.5/10)

Boring children's movie. I'd rather spend my time on Toy Story (another children's movie) with some real wit than Marvel corniness.

I actually couldn't sit through the whole movie. Why are Marvel movies so damn boring (except Guardians)? There's nothing original about another Spiderman movie.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  4. Redcarmoose
  5. Redcarmoose
    D8C3D972-20B0-494C-A37F-9FC8D322D385.jpeg

Just completely amazing. 9-10.

So well filmed and such a clear modern print. The clarity is maybe more in black and white? This transfer allows particles of dust to be seen floating in the air it’s so clear!

Great photography and acting. A gorgeous county house adds atmosphere and while the studio made “fog” is seen as actually some kind of prop smoke? It all comes together to make a chilling suspenseful escape into another world; both based in the 1960s, and far away from modern times. Spectacular suspense along with Joan Crawford’s magnificent acting making it all seem that much more real. Her genius is making a skill at parts that would normally come off as over acting, yet she is able to go for it all?

6. wuwhere Contributor
    Taken 3, 2014 - 4.65

7. SilverEars
    The Villainess - (7.8/10)

This one popped up on an Asian movie review website, and piqued my interest. It won some awards in film festival for action scenes, and me being a big fan of action, got interested. Not the best action movie I've seen, but pretty good. Low budget really shows in the action scenes, and I think there would have been much better refinement in cinematography with a greater budget, and I think the director (who I've read is a action choreographer) can make scenes played out much better with the better budget.

The premise of the film started it out super interesting, but didn't keep the interest up throughout the whole film. Action scenes also started really good, and there are some original stuff in those scenes. Stunts were superb, choreography were well thought out. Idea was cool, but in the end, the story didn't follow through well with the idea. Action is violent (stabbings, and stuff).

Simply put, Harcore Henry meets Borne Identity.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  8. SilverEars
    In the beginning I thought it looked good, and was wondering why the movie was getting crap reviews. That was until I got to the middle of the movie when it got ridiculous, and couldn't sit through it anymore. Guardians is the only original Marvel content likely any comic book based movie. One comic book based TV series I recently watched that I thought was good was 'The Boys,' and I think it's the first show on Amazon Prime I thought worth watching the whole season. The original writer of the comic was Garth Ennis, and it's quite an original idea. I find it's a more realistic look on superheros.

Sneaky Pete is pretty good as well.

I agree with this. I dropped my Netflix subscription awhile back due to low quality original content. HBO rules.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  9. Redcarmoose
    73473676-8670-4E3F-B345-6F03361B648E.jpeg

8 out of a possible 10

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  10. Redcarmoose
    E0693E50-D662-488B-A4C3-E950FB61BE0D.gif
    Against exploitation of third world countries, increases in militarization, religion and consumerism in a way only an idealistic 16 year-old could do. Strangely either ugly or beautiful? 1973’s The Holy Mountain continues where “El Topo” left off, though the added expense account shows how El Topo did more with less. Either the most incredible movie ever made or the worst?

100% Allegory. 10% Funny.........30% Comic Book.......... 30% Horror..........and finally 30% Idealistic Hippy Banter.

The perfect example of a movie in which someone wants to change the world.

5-10

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  11. kid vic
    John Q- 7.2/10

Decent, not my favourite Denzel Washington movie but still good. Is it wrong that this movie is kind of how some Canadians see US healthcare?

12. DLeeWebb Contributor
    "The Highwaymen" [8.4/10]: I'm bias. I really like both Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson. I also really like history-based movies. This is the story of the Frank Hamer and Many Gault, the Texas rangers who tracked down and ultimately killed Bonnie & Clyde. It was interesting seeing the story through the eyes of the lawmen involved. I really enjoyed this Netflix film.

13. DLeeWebb Contributor
    "July 22" [7.9/10]: I saw this film on Netflix. It was about the nationalist/terrorist even that occurred in Norway, involving the mass shooting of children at a summer camp. It left me feeling deflated with regard to the direction that human society seems to be taking.

14. SilverEars
    Toy Story 4 - (7.4/10)

I think this series has gotten a bit stale by now, and I don't recall even watching the 3rd one. 2 Toy Stories were enough for me. 1st one was fresh and interesting, and I think by the 2nd one lost interest. I think 'The Incredibles' deserves more movies in the series as I find the screenplay sequences much more engaging (lots of clever elements) than stories about toys. I thought the last one was pretty good.

I think the issue might be that John Lasseter (the creator) has not directed Toy Story 3 or 4.

There was a time when all Pixar put out were gold (well, except Cars).

w9kR8qbmQ01HwnvK4alvnQ2ca0L.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  15. tdockweiler
    13 Days - 9/10

Older political thriller from 2000 about the Cuban missile crisis that not many people have probably heard about.
    Found it good from start to finish. Good acting from everyone IMO, including most of the smaller roles. This seems very rare.
    It's also a well made movie and somehow they made everything actually entertaining to watch. I don't know how accurate it is though.
    It's also directed by Roger Donaldson who also made one of my favorites "World's Fastest Indian".

BTW this is free on HBO. Another good one on there is "October Sky". I'd probably give that a 10/10 and it's in my top 10 favorites list maybe (or top 20!).

The Wizard - 8/10

Seriously. Not even quite as the "so bad, it's good" category. I liked this and found it too entertaining. I was laughing at all the cheesy lines like "I love the Power Glove. It's so bad"!
    This is basically a rip off of something like "Rain Man". Instead of a man you have an autistic kid that's good at playing NES (8 bit Nintendo!) games and goes to a video game championship in California.

A lot of the comedy is pretty unfunny, but it brings back some memories of my days being addicted to my old Nintendo when I was 10 (I'm now 39...I think).

One reason I liked this more than I should is that it's a road movie.
    Another road movie I liked when I was a kid was "Josh and Sam", which unfortunately didn't even get a DVD release.
    Roger Ebert gave it a 1/4 (along with the Wizard I think).

Game of Thrones (Season 5) - 5/10

I gave up on this show halfway through this season for a month. I just can't enjoy it. I hate most of it's characters and find it too dull/boring. It's too often more like a soap opera and they spend too much time on showing us how they can make it's characters suffer in some way. It's too much doom and gloom for me. I find it hard to enjoy a TV show where I don't really care about any of it's characters or what happens to them.

Games of Thrones (Season 6) - 8/10

Out of nowhere this show really improved for me. I seriously cannot pinpoint WHY. I think now they have more scenes with my favorite characters and it's not as slow paced as before. I think maybe there are less scenes with the dragon lady. I can't stand her acting or her character at all! She always has this blank stare on her face like 90% of the time. I'm glad they also gave whoever plays Jon Snow a chance to actually act and be way less wooden.

There is also some comedy in it now! Not much though. It really helps. Yes, too much comedy doesn't always make sense for this show.

Game of Thrones (Season 7) - 9/10

I actually loved this season and it was a surprise. I binge watched seasons 6 and 7 just this weekend. Yes, I had a LOT of free time!
    I wonder what changes were made for seasons 6 and 7? Maybe new directors or something?
    I do know they have less episodes.

PS currently on Season 8. I didn't read up on any of it yet.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019