1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rate The Last Movie You Watched

1. wuwhere Contributor
    Robin Hood, 2018 movie - a good 4.1

2. tdockweiler
    Incendies - 9/10

Denis Villeneuve is one of my current favorite directors so I just had to see this.
    It's a bit slow, but never boring. Only problem is that it's too melodramatic.
    Seriously, how many bad things could you have happen to one person?
    It's also a bit depressing, maybe a little disturbing. Relies too much on coincidences.

Reminded me of films like "Blood and Bones" (with Takashi Kitano) and the masterpiece "Jan Dara".
    "Blood and Bones" is one of the most depressing movies ever made. It's almost unwatchable.
    The main character is someone who makes everyone around him miserable (family included).

"Jan Dara" also has every bad thing you can put into a movie, but it's not gory or too graphic.
    It's more like an art film and not how people portray it if they haven't watched it.
    I haven't seen it since 2001 or so, but I remember it probably being a 10/10 or so.

3. wuwhere Contributor
    Crimson Peak - 1.99

What a waste.

4. Hutnicks
    Is 1.99 what you paid for it or your rating????

I think that was a signal to moviedom much like Alita: Butality on suckers who dare watch. That these direcetors del Torro and Rodriguez, are far and away on the wane with nary an idea in their heads and taking advice from terrible sources which leads us to films that when you step back, you think, cripes, there was real potential for a good film there, What did they do> try and get this though congress or worse the academy or worse yet the last vestigiages of Weinstein INC for financing. Look back at these guys earlier efforts, hells bells do that for any director in the last 20 years or so and start asking where the heck do they go sooooooo horrribly wrong. I mean really, they cannot all have met Jim Cameron, could they.

5. wuwhere Contributor
    Hell no, a buck 50 1080p. I didn't even keep the copy I downloaded. A buck 99 rating is very generous from me. There are so many bad movies out there. So many losers. No wonder there are so many sequels of money makers like Marvels. I don't even watch dramas and horrors. They are so predictable and dumb.

music joe likes this.
  6. nraymond
    The masses don't want to be challenged. The Romans were the first to perfect bread and circus, satiating the masses in order to scale society. Other empires, especially the British, took that idea and ran further with it, and here we are today, most people in western society just a modern version of the Roman citizen, wanting to be satiated and distracted. The message that unfettered capitalism is somehow a moral solution further keeps many distracted. Predictability and not having to think too much is what the masses want, especially when you push the classes further apart, have people working so many hours outside their homes, with such long commutes, and with work now extended into their personal lives so much via technology. The marketplace will deliver more predictability and lack of challenge to satiate these masses, giving them what they want in the short term, until which time there are sufficient changes in the substrate and fabric of what has collectively been woven.

7. tdockweiler
    I, Tonya - 6/10

The first half is so bad it's almost unwatchable. I don't really know how they could make it any better.
    It's almost as if they trivialize Tonya's domestic abuse by her husband. They even seemed to try to make some scenes funny!
    What is also with so many F words in movies these days. Doesn't bother me, but sometimes it just makes no sense.

Luckily the last part has some comedy in it, mainly because of how stupid some of it's characters were (I won't give anything away).
    Reminded me of a Matt Damon movie called "The Informant".

PS i'll admit I didn't really follow the Tonya Harding story when I first heard about it. So yes, I guess I learned a few thinks here.
    I'd have rather just watched a documentary on the subject.

Destination Tokyo (1944) - 8/10

Despite a lot of somewhat racist dialogue I still like this movie. I think a lot of movies were that way during WWII.
    The worst part of the movie is John Garfield's story about "dames". It's so bad I skip that scene.
    I'd rather watch this over some WWII John Wayne movie any day.
    Those were terrible, especially "The Fighting Seabees".
    I think i'll watch any WWII movie despite how bad it is.

PS watch John Garfields "Pride of the Marines".
    It's actually really good and one I want to buy. It's based on a true story too.
    I don't think it's even available on DVD or VHS anymore. That's too bad.

8. Sonic Defender Contributor
    The Dark Tower via Netflix

What I wouldn't give to get those 2 hours of my life back. Absolutely nothing about that movie to recommend, very disappointing.

9. DamageInc77
    There are actually quite a few very good horror movies to be found if you look outside the mainstream releases.

10. keepitsimple
    wow so much new garbage out there-10 mins in and refusing to waste my life watching futher
    recent watches
    kill bill 1 and 2
    Inglourious Basterds
    the good the bad and the ugly
    re watching good stuff really
    a samurai film to die for
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056058/

11. DamageInc77
    Re-watched a favorite of mine again.

Memories of Murder - 9/10

12. afreekindazone
    Glass - 7.5/10

I only wish it to have more scenes and deeper impact

13. Muinarc
    Alita: Battle Angel (Imax 3D)

12/10

The story is super simple, considering it is a "faithful" adaptation of something written for teens in 1990 or so, I can forgive that. This thing was a total throwback to the 80's/90's cinema where it was OK to be ridiculous. Probably the most violent PG 13 movie I've ever seen. In a world full of shaky-cam and Michel Bay look alikes, the fight choreography/direction were some of the best I've seen in years this side of John Wick in a big budget Hollywood flick (there are a lot of great fights in low budget kung fu films for instance).

14. serman005
    Skyfall -- 8/10/ Good but not the best Bond.

15. tdockweiler
    The Front Runner - 5.5/10

Didn't know anything about this before seeing it.
    I only got it because it was about politics and a Hugh Jackman movie. How bad could it be?
    Turns out it's really slow and not interesting enough to really watch.
    It's one of those movies where you are wonder "Why did they make a movie about this?".
    I'm also wondering why they classify this as a political thriller. Nothing thrilling about it.

The acting is pretty good, but it seems like a waste of so many good actors.