Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 20, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #22,081 of 24,599
1308156321-the-last-waltz-motart.jpg

10/10

Jan 20, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #22,082 of 24,599
All the money in the world - 4.5/10

Suits (Season 2) - 10/10
Suits (Season 3) - 7/10

I hope this series gets better, because it's now getting very repetitive.
They turned Louis into a Jar Jar Binks like character.
It's almost becoming a soap opera and some of the least important characters get too much time on screen.
I also now can't really stand Jessica too.

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #22,083 of 24,599
All the money in the world - 4.5/10

Suits (Season 2) - 10/10
Suits (Season 3) - 7/10

I hope this series gets better, because it's now getting very repetitive.
They turned Louis into a Jar Jar Binks like character.
It's almost becoming a soap opera and some of the least important characters get too much time on screen.
I also now can't really stand Jessica too.
sorry it doesn't get better. they're all clearly being asked to push the fake drama to 11 all the time, and it becomes worst with every new season. by the end you pity the actors having to go along with that crap. but I did enjoy the first seasons a lot. in that style, I'd rate it pretty high if only for the first seasons, along with Mad Men(better in every way) and maybe House of Lies(much more low key, but entertaining IMO at least the first season. also has a lot of "breaking the fourth wall" moments and I always love that, be it in movies or TV series).

Jan 24, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #22,084 of 24,599
While we are on the subject of tv shows, just started the latest season of True Detective. Wow. Maybe not as good as the first season, which was the best tv show in a decade, but it may end up in the same ballpark.

Jan 24, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #22,086 of 24,599
D37CF70E-56DB-4D71-96C1-B793D3974020.jpeg

8-10

Jan 25, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #22,088 of 24,599

"The Commuter" [7.8/10]: Typical Liam Neeson vehicle...it ain't Shakespeare, but it's exciting!
isn't he like 65? I know he look pretty good but action movies?

ok I was going to make a joke, asking to imagine Steven Seagal making another "I'm the cook" movie at his age, and went to google the right picture to go with my super lame reference. and while doing so I read that he's planing to do Under Siege 3. hermagerd!!!! :scream: those moments when you think you're trolling, but actually you're being trolled by life. ^_^

Jan 25, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #22,089 of 24,599
First man
10/10

Best movie I’ve seen this year, well and 2018. I’ve always respected Neil Armstrong but if this movie truly has the credibility that I’ve read it had, he's one amazing man.

What was great about it was it didn’t just focus on the Apollo 11 mission but started out with the first Gemini initiative and focused more on the man then the missions. This wasn’t your A typical summer or holiday blockbuster.

The FX were first class, done right and weren’t center stage. They seamlessly flowed into the story where it immersed you as if you were there with Armstrong and Aldrin. Just a great movie and one everyone should see if a serious movie buff.

Halloween 2018
Meh. 6-10.
Yeah they tried to mix it up and reboot/ continue the series allnin 1 shot but it’s still the same ol schtick.

Venom
7/10
Better then I thought it would be. Still a mess of a story as they couldn’t decide what they wanted to be. A comedy, a horror movie, an action movie, etc. the best parts of the movies is when Venon and Eddie interacted and talked to each other. Sometimes it was actually pretty funny.
Tom Hardy most certainly saved the day. A lesser actor would have certainly made this a worse movie and even a bigger flop then what it was via critic reviews. Anyway, a good turn off your brain movie with a 1st class actor doiig his best while being out of his comfort zone.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #22,092 of 24,599
0E6BC1D0-5DF9-4286-97F6-3E666F06F1D1.jpeg

Alita : Battle Angel (9/10 in Sci-Fi Anime Horror/Thriller)

From the Q&A after the movie with producers and actors of main characters : “If you were to describe Alita in one word, what would it be?” My word is “life-like”. :floatsmile:

When I first saw the commercial, I thought “Wow, it has been a while since I heard about this series.” Apparently, it has been since 1990, when the Manga comic came to the U.S. So when an old friend asked if I wanted to go see it, I jumped at the chance. We talked about a lot of stuff on the way, from Movies to Anime in general, and saw a waiting line for it, so we took our place and caught up on how things were going. Going into the theater with passes, I had to wipe down my 3D glasses and realize that this was a private screening, so I took the picture above for you folks to see, as per screen instructions. :dark_sunglasses:

Throughout the movie, there was the comic book feel with an “Avatar” CGI adaptation to everything and could see a whole lot of everything going on. I want “Eh damnit, James Cameron wants to build upon the next Lucas Films.” It held true, but mainly because there really wasn’t even an animated adaptation of Alita...for at least from what I can remember. It did borrow from Akira, which created Alita as a cybernetic heroine response, but also from Fist of the North Star, as gory anime themes were shared with the original gory comic. No, there were no female villains that had their knockers explode, but the action scenes were still gory, but blood was not flying everywhere.

Surprisingly, there was a lot of story line that took over the gory scenes...but it still left a lot to desire for everyone. Still, all of the anime intricacies and great, but not Avatar-outstanding, CGI and effort from the supporting cast carried the movie to a solid 9/10, leaving nothing more and nothing less to sub-score. So, “do you want to s**k my c**k, Berseirkerrrrrre?!?!?!?” Well, you will just have to wait and see.:blush:

Feb 1, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #22,093 of 24,599
It held true, but mainly because there really wasn’t even an animated adaptation of Alita...for at least from what I can remember.

In 1993 a two part animated OVA (1 hour total) adapted from the Battle Angel Alita manga by Yukito Kishiro (and corresponding to volumes 1 and 2 of the manga) was directed by Hiroshi Fukutomi with production work by Madhouse and Animate Film and released in Japan as "Gunnm". It came to the USA as "Battle Angel" by ADV Films and that dub retained her original name of Gally. Manga Entertainment brought it to the UK, Europe, and Australia as "Battle Angel Alita", and Gally was renamed Alita in that dub. Back in the 1990's the anime was critically well regarded in the West.

Did you find the CGI "anime eyes" on Gally to be distracting while watching the movie at all? It made it hard for me to watch the trailer without it interrupting my willing suspension of disbelief.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #22,094 of 24,599
In 1993 a two part animated OVA (1 hour total) adapted from the Battle Angel Alita manga by Yukito Kishiro (and corresponding to volumes 1 and 2 of the manga) was directed by Hiroshi Fukutomi with production work by Madhouse and Animate Film and released in Japan as "Gunnm". It came to the USA as "Battle Angel" by ADV Films and that dub retained her original name of Gally. Manga Entertainment brought it to the UK, Europe, and Australia as "Battle Angel Alita", and Gally was renamed Alita in that dub. Back in the 1990's the anime was critically well regarded in the West.

Did you find the CGI "anime eyes" on Gally to be distracting while watching the movie at all? It made it hard for me to watch the trailer without it interrupting my willing suspension of disbelief.

Yes, I did find her eyes distracting on so many occasions that I lost count. If it weren’t for the supporting cast constantly busting their asses off to further keep me distracted, I would have added this into the amount of CGI errors there were and further deducted a 1/2 point. In regards to your background info on the anime changes and adaptations of this series...

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #22,095 of 24,599

Alita : Battle Angel (9/10 in Sci-Fi Anime Horror/Thriller)

From the Q&A after the movie with producers and actors of main characters : “If you were to describe Alita in one word, what would it be?” My word is “life-like”. :floatsmile:

When I first saw the commercial, I thought “Wow, it has been a while since I heard about this series.” Apparently, it has been since 1990, when the Manga comic came to the U.S. So when an old friend asked if I wanted to go see it, I jumped at the chance. We talked about a lot of stuff on the way, from Movies to Anime in general, and saw a waiting line for it, so we took our place and caught up on how things were going. Going into the theater with passes, I had to wipe down my 3D glasses and realize that this was a private screening, so I took the picture above for you folks to see, as per screen instructions. :dark_sunglasses:

Throughout the movie, there was the comic book feel with an “Avatar” CGI adaptation to everything and could see a whole lot of everything going on. I want “Eh damnit, James Cameron wants to build upon the next Lucas Films.” It held true, but mainly because there really wasn’t even an animated adaptation of Alita...for at least from what I can remember. It did borrow from Akira, which created Alita as a cybernetic heroine response, but also from Fist of the North Star, as gory anime themes were shared with the original gory comic. No, there were no female villains that had their knockers explode, but the action scenes were still gory, but blood was not flying everywhere.

Surprisingly, there was a lot of story line that took over the gory scenes...but it still left a lot to desire for everyone. Still, all of the anime intricacies and great, but not Avatar-outstanding, CGI and effort from the supporting cast carried the movie to a solid 9/10, leaving nothing more and nothing less to sub-score. So, “do you want to s**k my c**k, Berseirkerrrrrre?!?!?!?” Well, you will just have to wait and see.:blush:
can't wait to see it, and at the same time I've been really scared that they would turn it into something as cheesy as "Ready Player One". Gunnm is a brilliant manga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back