Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 4, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #16,126 of 24,633
No offense, but how the hell do you find a giant dinosaur-like beast that shoots blue saliva out of his mouth and stomps on buildings BORING? 

:D

I find average Hollywood blockbusters like Avengers or X-men to be quite boring despite all the action. Films like No Country for Old Men and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy are much more exciting, but that's just my opinion.

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #16,127 of 24,633
I find average Hollywood blockbusters like Avengers or X-men to be quite boring despite all the action. Films like No Country for Old Men and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy are much more exciting, but that's just my opinion.

I think most of these films are boring BECAUSE of the action. There are usually dull and empty scenes with the same punchs and explosions we've seen over and over again. I find it much easier to sleep watching Captain America than Sunrise (1927) or Vampyr (1932). Actually, I like Sunrise so much it would be impossible for me to sleep during the movie. Also, a 4 hour long movie like Greed (1924), even though I did need a lot of coffee while watching it, is definetely less boring than The Winter Soldier.

Anyway, some people seek a roller coaster-like experience in movies.

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #16,128 of 24,633

I think most of these films are boring BECAUSE of the action. There are usually dull and empty scenes with the same punchs and explosions we've seen over and over again. I find it much easier to sleep watching Captain America than Sunrise (1927) or Vampyr (1932). Actually, I like Sunrise so much it would be impossible for me to sleep during the movie. Also, a 4 hour long movie like Greed (1924), even though I did need a lot of coffee while watching it, is definetely less boring than The Winter Soldier.

Anyway, some people seek a roller coaster-like experience in movies.

Yeah, generally the action in them is just mind-numbingly boring. It's not that I don't enjoy action movies, Raid 2 was great, but generally very little thought goes into making them.

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #16,130 of 24,633
Gone Girl (2014): 8/10

Manipulative, far-fetched, and full of holes; but graced with not just one or two but several of the most memorable performances I've seen on the big screen all year, and laced through with deliciously wicked threads of satire and misanthropic (but laugh-out-loud) comedy. The cumulative effect is that of a particularly dark joke well-told, with the added wrinkle that you don't know if you should be taking the joke seriously--and you're not really certain if the joker knows, either. As for the film's previously stated drawbacks, most of them are covered up by the unreliable narrators, and you'll be ready to forgive all the rest as the revelations keep on coming (the quality of the cinematography and the score help, too). Some of the most fun I've had at the theatre all year. That it was also one of the most disturbing times I've had at the theatre all year just made it all the more compelling. Recommended!

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #16,135 of 24,633
"The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty" [8.4/10]: I was surprised that I liked this film so much. I'm not generally a Ben Stiller fan. However, the movie was more than entertaining. It was "moving." As the viewer, I was engaged the entire time. Somewhat reminiscent of "Forrest Gump." (though I wouldn't place Walter Mitty quite in that league...) Definitely worth seeing if you haven't...

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #16,136 of 24,633
  "The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty" [8.4/10]: I was surprised that I liked this film so much. I'm not generally a Ben Stiller fan. However, the movie was more than entertaining. It was "moving." As the viewer, I was engaged the entire time. Somewhat reminiscent of "Forrest Gump." (though I wouldn't place Walter Mitty quite in that league...) Definitely worth seeing if you haven't...

Totally agreed, it was surprisingly brilliant and gripping.

Oct 5, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #16,137 of 24,633
The Lincoln Lawyer 8/10 fun to watch. I tried to watch half of it on my new 10" tablet but that experience sucked like nuts due to the size. Display was not to shabby by lowish lcd standards but the movie was still watchable so it´s good. 

I think all should review movies on 5" devices. If they still enjoy the movie it´s probably good :)

Oct 5, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #16,140 of 24,633

I agree about the action being so ridiculous that it gets boring.

But there is also a trend for intellectuals to rate snail paced dramas way too highly.

No Country for Old Men killed me. It was paced like a geriatric on a Sunday walk. After several hours of nothing happening...just when I thought a showdown of epic proportions is about to occur...the movie ended out of no where, unresolved. I curse that movie for wasting hours of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back