Rare Moment of Headphone Satiety
Dec 11, 2005 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tradja

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Posts
369
Likes
11
Last night, listening to Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions with my very modest but enjoyable K240S and Little Dot II, I had a rare experience: it was perfect. I thought, "I've been contemplating a big sell-off, consolidation of headphone equity, and upgrade, but does it really need to be better than this?"


Odd sensation. I'm sure that it doesn't hurt that I stumbled upon a very nice synergy of recording, artist, cans, amp, and moment, but still...
 
Dec 11, 2005 at 8:53 AM Post #2 of 5

MrEcted1

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Posts
299
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by tradja
Last night, listening to Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions with my very modest but enjoyable K240S and Little Dot II, I had a rare experience: it was perfect. I thought, "I've been contemplating a big sell-off, consolidation of headphone equity, and upgrade, but does it really need to be better than this?"


Odd sensation. I'm sure that it doesn't hurt that I stumbled upon a very nice synergy of recording, artist, cans, amp, and moment, but still...



You have reached the extremely rare "Headphone Nirvana"... where nothing can be better. NOW GET OFF HEAD-FI AND SAVE YOURSELF (sorry bout caps)
 
Dec 11, 2005 at 9:00 AM Post #3 of 5

Gabe Logan

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Posts
1,393
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEcted1
You have reached the extremely rare "Headphone Nirvana"... where nothing can be better. NOW GET OFF HEAD-FI AND SAVE YOURSELF (sorry bout caps)


No kidding.He looks to have found his garden of eden of headphone land.Hopefully no one here convinces him by the end of this thread that he would be better off with just that one amp
evil_smiley.gif
 
Dec 11, 2005 at 9:02 AM Post #4 of 5

tradja

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Posts
369
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEcted1
You have reached the extremely rare "Headphone Nirvana"... where nothing can be better. NOW GET OFF HEAD-FI AND SAVE YOURSELF (sorry bout caps)


Oh, but I KNOW that something, and in fact lots of things, are MUCH better. :cough:K701perhaps?:cough: The odd sensation came from being so moved by the music+presentation that I didn't care. It was nice.
 
Dec 11, 2005 at 9:56 AM Post #5 of 5

MrEcted1

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Posts
299
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by tradja
Oh, but I KNOW that something, and in fact lots of things, are MUCH better. :cough:K701perhaps?:cough: The odd sensation came from being so moved by the music+presentation that I didn't care. It was nice.


I see... So you're saying that there is still hope that Head-Fi can help "trim the fat" off of your wallet...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top