*Rare* Grado Tonearm for sale-NEW IN BOX!
Apr 12, 2002 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

lee.watkins

New Head-Fier
Okay, if I had money to burn I would burn it on this in a second...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1344255939

Since I know there's Grado fans on here, some of which can afford this, one of y'all sould grab this thing and tell us how it compares. I WANT TO KNOW.

From the add:
"This is one of the best examples you will ever see of the famous Grado Mahogany Micro-Control Transcription Tonearm (circa 1960)."

"The condition of the tonearm and mounting hardware (despite being over 40 years old) is as new !"

"This piece has never been out of the box, as you will see when you inspect the original factory wiring which has never been stripped or soldered. No cartridge has ever been mounted in this tonearm."

"You also get the original box and mounting instructions which are now virtually impossible to find these days. Alas, the condition of the box is only fair, having several holes worn through as shown in the pics. The instruction sheet shows moderate yellowing and brittleness, with a few minor acid holes. But seriously now... think of the odds of ever finding another never out of the box 40 year old, mint condition complete Grado set like this one?"

Apr 12, 2002 at 6:47 AM Post #2 of 2

Hirsch

Why is there a chaplain standing over his wallet?
Damn. I saw this too late. That arm went for $102.50, and is probably worth many times that amount. No reserve either. If I were the seller, I'd be sick. Someone got a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread