Rap and Hip Hop appreciation thread!
Jan 17, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #32 of 662
Yup, They are NYP so if you don't want to pay just enter 0. You can select whatever format you want from the drop down arrow. You may have to provide an email address but you can unsubscribe from them at any time.

If you haven't already done so, you may want to check out the free flac thread in this section for more genres.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #37 of 662
My favorite thing about these rap threads is the sheer amount of temper tantrums that happen whenever anyone brings up non-backpacker/hipster rap.

Jan 19, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #39 of 662
Jan 21, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #40 of 662
Is R&B considered hip hop? If so, I like Usher and Rihanna, even if they lean more pop these days.

"Hip-hop" is sort of difficult to define these days. What mostly passes for hip-hop on the radio is "trap", which is different than most old-school and some underground hip-hop, and rooted more in drum&bass.

Rihanna is sort of hard to pin down, because she does pretty much whatever she wants. Some of her collabs with Drake and other rappers would qualify as hip-hop in my book. While other tracks have more of a pop, EDM, or "tropical" vibe. It just depends on the song.

I'd put artists like Usher and Justin Timberlake more in the R&B column though, generally speaking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back