[rant] was I expecting too much from my friends?
Apr 11, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by emmpeethree

was i expecting too much of them???

Les mauvais compagnons
Sont les amis du démon
Qui viennent et qui nous tentent
Par des images rassurantes
Qui nous entraînent le soir
Hors des sentiers du devoir
Les mauvais compagnons...
Quelle mauvaise fréquentation

(Plume Latraverse: Les mauvais compagnons)

Amicalement

Apr 11, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #17 of 35
Sorry to hear about your loss, but drunken friends out celebrating (at least the ones I know) don't make very good caretakers of valuable items. A hard and expensive lesson learned.

Apr 11, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #18 of 35
Sorry about your loss. I hope you make up for it soon!
blink.gif

Apr 11, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #19 of 35
Quick story,kinda dead on topic,kinda "out there" as usual
rolleyes.gif

I at one time liked to hang out in the more rough pubs in the area because I had no time for babies or anyone telling me what was acceptable behavor,what some would i guess call biker bars.

These being pretty much "anything goes" up to actual murder you are on your own protection wise and protecting your property.

Some of these knucklheads not being the most honest patrons on the planet and intoxicated too will pretty much take anything left unatended or not personally protected with the threat of violence.

OK,fast forward.I am in my favorite dive bar and my leather is on the back of my chair.I am shooting the bull with anyone that will listen as usual and one of the "drunks" wants me to check out his new Harley which is on the sidewalk out front .
I tell my freind to watch my leather ,that I will be right back and head for the door.
anyone that wears black leather and/or hangs out in less than nice places will tell you you watch your jacket or it heads out the door and FAST !

Even a momentary lapse will get you "jacketless" no matter how well known you are so you pay attention.

well i come back in and looking at my stool i see no coat !
eek.gif

looking around rapidly i see some idiot heading out the side door with it (I thought) and grabbed him then took the coat off and threw it down ready for the brawl about to happen.

At this time my "buddy" comes out of the latrine wearing my jacket....uh oh...........

Seems he had to go and didn't want to leave my jacket unattended,as he should,and i grabbed a guy mistakenly who had an IDENTICAL leather !

Me "sorry man,thought you had my leather"
Him "fck you " and he dives on me.

the brawl that it turned into spilled out onto the sidewalk and ended up me against a few and it was not a good situation.I went into survival mode and while not getting too many shots in I avoided getting the snot knocked outta me by superior numbers.
icon10.gif

eventually as these things do it ended and no real harm done...until my buddy came walking out all tore up
eek.gif

Me agian "dude ! What happened to you ?"

My bud"I was defending you a*shole "

Me "Damn man,I was doing OK,no real damge was done.you should have stayed clear"

My beat up buddy "we came together ,we are together and what hapens to you happens to me.You OK ?"

Me "yeah.not a scratch. but dan man,you need to learn how to duck dude "

I thought he was gonna hit ME when I said that and he would have been right to do it after I cracked on him for taking my beating.

He and I both still tell the story and laugh about it.Most don't beleive it but who cares,means nothing what folks want to beleive but one thing is sure,he passed any kind of freindship test and would do it again and that is why he is one of the "fingers" to this day.
I gave him the damn leather,he earned ownership

Apr 11, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #20 of 35
Rather than asking someone to watch something for you, what you should do is hand it to them and say, "Please hold this for me," especially at an event such as a concert. If you just ask someone to watch it, they're likely to get distracted especially if they've been drinking. If no one wants to hold it, then take it with you.

Apr 11, 2005 at 11:11 PM Post #21 of 35
Maybe it's just me, but why would you take along $600 worth of property just for some entertainment on a bus when you knew you were going to be amidst a mass of unknown people, of whom any number could be thugs, cleptomaniacs, or "friends" that wouldnt think twice about swiping your possessions? That's a situation in which I dont even think your friends should have been in the first place.

Apr 12, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #22 of 35
So let's get this straight. You didn't care enough to watch your stuff, tried to pawn off the responsibility for watching it for a few hours on your friends and then are unhappy because they didn't get the job done? Uhhh, if you didn't care enough to watch it and you had $600 of your money involved, why in God's name would your friends? I don't want to start a flame fest, but take responsibility for your actions already...

Apr 14, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #23 of 35
a quick note - I was on staff at the event:
In the off chance that someone found it and turned it in, all valuables have been handed over to UBC Campus Security who you can reach at 604-822-2222.

I'm sorry that you lost your stuff, but at least nobody threw a wrench at you.

May 25, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by heeeraldo
a quick note - I was on staff at the event:
In the off chance that someone found it and turned it in, all valuables have been handed over to UBC Campus Security who you can reach at 604-822-2222.

I'm sorry that you lost your stuff, but at least nobody threw a wrench at you.

thanks so much!

KUDOS to heeeraldo who helped me locate my player and got it back safe and sound today!!!

if i can't get out there myself this week, i'll have someone deliver the JD to you asap!

thanks again!

May 25, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Wow... you are a REALLY luck son of a biatch!!

I second that. I wasn't so lucky with 72 of my cds (when I was 16).

May 25, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #27 of 35
what about your jacket? well at leats you are getting your player back

May 25, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by emmpeethree
thanks so much!

KUDOS to heeeraldo who helped me locate my player and got it back safe and sound today!!!

if i can't get out there myself this week, i'll have someone deliver the JD to you asap!

thanks again!

Hey emmpeethree was it arts county fair u went to?

May 25, 2005 at 7:20 AM Post #30 of 35
Man you are lucky you got your mp3 player back. I do agree with most of the people here that you only have yourself to blame for what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back